Chansiri kicking off

Just now, vulva said:

I would go down the Derby route and give a recently retired player an opportunity. Someone like Craig Bellamy. Bit left field, but the game has left a lot of the older managers behind. 

Wouldn’t object to that either, I’ve said before how we could be trying to find the next decent manager. All to often we hire managers who are on the way down. 

We could do some research and find a man who’s recently retired from playing and is tipped to be a top manager. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

And that's the problem. 'Selling up' just isn't an option unless DC takes a huge hit in the pocket. Which won't happen. The only realistic way out of this is clever management and time. We are seriously behind the 8 ball here.

My only thought would be to sell FF and Reach in January, somehow stay in the league, then clear the decks of all these big contracts next summer. We've then got a relatively clean piece of paper to have another go. 

You’re assuming DC is going to act rationally though and make the correct moves. Sadly I don’t have any confidence he will do this. 

Is he here all week - building up to next Friday?

Ought to on the offencive giving rallying calls to the team and fans. 

He's probably locked in his office now, with a bottle of JD and 20 bensons typing a tyrad of 'just look here you lot...'

• Haha 2

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, vulva said:

And that's the problem. 'Selling up' just isn't an option unless DC takes a huge hit in the pocket. Which won't happen. The only realistic way out of this is clever management and time. We are seriously behind the 8 ball here.

My only thought would be to sell FF and Reach in January, somehow stay in the league, then clear the decks of all these big contracts next summer. We've then got a relatively clean piece of paper to have another go. 

Unfortunately selling Reach and F2F in Jan then I don't see how we stay in this league. Our re-building might have to be done in Div 1

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I would go down the Derby route and give a recently retired player an opportunity. Someone like Craig Bellamy. Bit left field, but the game has left a lot of the older managers behind. 

The trouble is ,we all know DC  will just hire another unknown , another left field appointment .

22 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Must admit feel sorry for the Guy ,He admits he knows nothing about football ,But having said that he had on hand ,Wisdom of a man who is 100% Wednesday and won the premier ,Why not have Wilkinson to help him ,To advise and help . Abusing Mr Chansiri  will not make things any better . But he needs someone who has this club in his very soul to help him .

Dont think HW would want to get into this mess at his age, wish he would though.

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

Wouldn’t object to that either, I’ve said before how we could be trying to find the next decent manager. All to often we hire managers who are on the way down. 

We could do some research and find a man who’s recently retired from playing and is tipped to be a top manager. 

In many ways it’s a roll of the dice. I think jos has been onto a rough deal and a new manager might not do any better. But what you do need in this situation is someone that the fans will be understanding with and for whatever reason Jos has never cracked that and only started to make inroads briefly before this shocking run. 

It also helps if the players players are giving 100% all game and not giving up which hasn’t happened today and didn’t happen a number of times for Carlos and Bullen. It suggests an issue beyond the manager that we can only get rid of in the summer, but in the short term we need someone who can deal with that and get everyone involved and organised. This reminds me of Dave Jones late tenure when he backed himself into a corner on squad selection and suggested no one else could do any more.

17 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

He should ring Amanda stavely asap....you don’t ask ... you don’t get....maybe she would look at us as a better option than Newcastle!!!

Cant see that conversation going well.

Hi Amanda, you know how you wanted to buy Newcastle, do you want to buy my loss making football club instead, recently embargoed, few saleable assets, cripled  by an astronomical wage bill for injured players, can get 20-25,000 gates but fans only want to pay £20 for a ticket,  lost 4 in a row and just outside the relegation zone in the Championship, all for the bargain price of £80m......hello! Amanda are you still there?

• Haha 2

Might just be me but I'm impressed that he had a go back, he's passionate but needs to be hands off and appoint somebody who knows what they're doing.

We are in turmoil at the moment aren't we. Lost 4 in a row now. It'd be just like us to go and beat united Friday.

UTO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

We need somebody with far more football knowledge than Bellamy. He's not a Gerrard or Lampard by any stretch. It would also need somebody who is going to stand up to Chansiri and tell him he's wrong and needs to change . There may be potential managers capable of standing up to him and telling him he is wrong garymegson but there is nobody on this planet who will get him to change what he believes is right.

He will not loose what he believes is his dignity and change his ways.

We're stuck with him. 

A decent manager who gets results would save DC somewhat but he has to make the right appointment if he gets rid of Jos. 

Who is there??

No idea.

Who would take us on???

No idea.

Is there a passionate ex owl player with sufficient attributes to sort us out??

No idea. Or perhaps....garymegson

Megson and Gray?

Would it work??

No idea.

I do know DC needs to do something and SOON.

Does Bellamy have less football knowledge than Gerrard or Lampard then? How do ya know that? Less ability on a football pitch maybe but you can’t possibly say less knowledge unless you know him personally surely

Get out with the Megson, Gray, McCarthy suggestions. There's a reason those dinosaurs aren't in the game anymore and you see the same thing with the dinosaurs who are still in the game - their style is nowhere near as effective as it used to be. 

We need to take a risk with someone young, hungry for success and with new ideas, then stick with them for a few seasons and let them rebuild our crumbling club.