So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I fail to understand how any SWFC fan who has watched Jones and Boyd’s overall performances since signing here are finding it difficult to understand why they are not been included ??? 

The man has stated he wants players who are available to train like professional footballers should do .... Hutchinson can’t do this , and neither can Abdi 

I don’t see what’s so confusing 

Jones has had more good games than Pulepessy.

Boyd has been rubbish, but to be fair to him he's rarely played in his favoured position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Shouldn't there be a smoother transtion towards this model tho rather than adopting it now when half of our current squad don't fit the requirements?

Well we could wait till the summer when all those players who don't fit the requirements have left?

But isn't that just delaying the inevitable isn't it? But costing young lads the chance of valuable experience for next season when he can rebuild around them with some of his own additions?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Absolutely

Had enough of this ‘hands tied behind his back’ stuff now 

He’s labelled 3 ongoing injuries at the club, that’s what you’ll get at most clubs 

So the 3 is hooper, Winnall, FF? What about Matias? That would be 4, 5 if you include Lee 

So where is Van Aken? 

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He won't be part of his own long term plans if he doesn't start picking up some results in the short term.

He'll be as aware of that as anyone but he's made it pretty clear that there are a bunch of high earners at the club who are not to be relied on day to day and who are basically wanting to pick and choose when they train and play.  

Why can't people get this and also the fact that none of "the missing" have contributed anything better than those playing now in recent history?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He'll be as aware of that as anyone but he's made it pretty clear that there are a bunch of high earners at the club who are not to be relied on day to day and who are basically wanting to pick and choose when they train and play.  

Why can't people get this and also the fact that none of "the missing" have contributed anything better than those playing now in recent history?

I think people on here have made that bit up to suit their agenda, regarding this players choosing when to train, unless he said that? 

That's a fair stack of players to exclude. 

Talk about making a rod for yr own back. 

I wouldn't mind if the kids he has on the bench are usable, but they are not good enough. 

Case in point, the sub against West Brom that changed the game and lost us two points. 

Really makes no sense and like the op says it's a decision that will draw massive criticism if it continues to bring losses. 

Edited by Beholder

Do people really want to get a new manager in just so they'll pick the old guard till the end of the season even though they then have to let them go anyway in the summer and put all the kids in for next season?

Wouldn't that just set back 6 months what we're trying to do?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well we could wait till the summer when all those players who don't fit the requirements have left?

But isn't that just delaying the inevitable isn't it? But costing young lads the chance of valuable experience for next season when he can rebuild around them with some of his own additions?

But couldn't we do a bit of both, mix a bit of experience and youth?  Maybe loan some of the younger lads out to league One / Two teams so they can cut their teeth in a lower division. 

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Westwood obviously has contributed.

Hutch has has some great games, although I agree he can't be relied upon. Would like to see him play centre half for a sustained period if his fitness will allow it.

Personally I prefer Jones to Pulepessey.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Westwood obviously has contributed.

Hutch has has some great games, although I agree he can't be relied upon. Would like to see him play centre half for a sustained period if his fitness will allow it.

Personally I prefer Jones to Pulepessey.

None of those mentioned have had a good run of form or delivered what they are capable of at best for at least one full season of football.