So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Do people really want to get a new manager in just so they'll pick the old guard till the end of the season even though they then have to let them go anyway in the summer and put all the kids in for next season?

Wouldn't that just set back 6 months what we're trying to do?

The thing is Snoots, we are having a bad run of form and it seems plenty are losing their bottle. 

We've all spent the last few years berating our overpaid squad, waiting for Hutch to get injured or sent off, moaning about Boyd running in treacle, wondering how David Jones has so many promotions on his CV and despairing at the accident prone Abdi. "Gi youff a chance!- got to be better than this lot!" We lose 3 on the bounce and suddenly we need all these players back urgently.

I say fair play to the manager for sticking to his principles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

None of those mentioned have had a good run of form or delivered what they are capable of at best for at least one full season of football.

Westwood, really?

And is that the qualification to get in our side? Because at the moment we don't have many players that can put 2 good games together, never mind 46.

Apologies- misread your post.

Point still stands that we haven't replaced them with anyone else who's performing consistently well though.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

If I were Jos, looking at the teams he picks and having seen our recent performances, I wouldn’t be planning for the long term if I were him.

A huge part of Jos’s role is to motivate players, and he clearly can’t do it. I don’t see any merit at all in putting kids on the bench, the majority of whom he has no intention of playing. 

The whole ‘project’ is flawed. 

• Like 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Westwood, really?

And is that the qualification to get in our side? Because at the moment we don't have many players that can put 2 good games together, never mind 46.

Westwood was in both poor fitness and form when he last featured regularly for us around this time last year.

• Haha 1

Just now, vulva said:

If I were Jos, looking at the teams he picks and having seen our recent performances, I wouldn’t be planning for the long term if I were him.

A huge part of Jos’s role is to motivate players, and he clearly can’t do it. I don’t see any merit at all in putting kids on the bench, the majority of whom he has no intention of playing. 

He’s got his hands tied behind his back though mate, you know with those 3 injuries. Every other team has a fully fit squad to utilise apparently 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well he's come out and said it's definitely nothing to do with contracts. Definitely nothing to do with the Chairman telling who he can pick and that is about wanting players who are available to train every session and be available for every match.

We might not agree.

But I don't think he can be much clearer on it. 

He wants young, fit,  healthy players who are physically and mentally available to train every week and play every week. 

If those players want to get in the squad , they would bust a gut ......oops that is actually the problem!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

The thing is Snoots, we are having a bad run of form and it seems plenty are losing their bottle. 

We've all spent the last few years berating our overpaid squad, waiting for Hutch to get injured or sent off, moaning about Boyd running in treacle, wondering how David Jones has so many promotions on his CV and despairing at the accident prone Abdi. "Gi youff a chance!- got to be better than this lot!" We lose 3 on the bounce and suddenly we need all these players back urgently.

I say fair play to the manager for sticking to his principles.

Seems to me he's got a long term plan and doesn't see any point in flim-flamming along in the meantime.

He's put it in operation and off we go. Choppy waters ahead of course.  He needs wins to buy him time to get us through the eye of the storm and through to the other side.

One of the key characteristics of a top coach/manager is bringing the players together into a strong tight knit unit.  Sadly I don't see that happening at the moment.  

It surely will have an affect on the rest of the squad imo.  

And another thing. Imagine Jos telling DC he can’t get these lads to train, or motivated enough to play. Even from the bench. 

A manager paid more than Carlos telling his boss he can’t motivate a   multi millionaire footballer. At a club where money is clearly very tight. Footballers who have had long careers under the likes of Sean Dyche et al. 

FFS Jos, give it a rest. The whole thing is laughable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

If Big Ron had taken that approach with Paul McGrath at Villa he would never have played him and that would have been a big mistake.

If any of the players mentioned had 10% of the ability of Paul McGrath then you might have a point and that, I'm afraid, just about sums up the problem with both the players being spoken about and the ones screaming for their unconditional inclusion.

9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s said he wants players available to train every week - a bit different to choosing not to train

Reading between the lines he’s basically calling them crocks I reckon 

Agreed it’s just that Sonofbert2 was trying to pass it off as fact that players were choosing when they could and couldn’t play and train and that’s simply not the case and the manager has never said this.

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

I seem to remember Cc also saying that there were players at the club who he couldn't motivate too. Could it be that they are the same players?

1 minute ago, vulva said:

And another thing. Imagine Jos telling DC he can’t get these lads to train, or motivated enough to play. Even from the bench. 

A manager paid more than Carlos telling his boss he can’t motivate a   multi millionaire footballer. At a club where money is clearly very tight. Footballers who have had long careers under the likes of Sean Dyche et al. 

FFS Jos, give it a rest. The whole thing is laughable. 

What sanctions are available when a player or a small group of players decide that they want to be treated differently to the rest based on their past reputation and the amount they earn?