So Jos has now nailed his colours to the mast.

I mean...I get it (to an extent), insofar as this club needs a refresh.

A clearing out of the old and bringing in of new players...but to be seemingly excluding players on the basis that they are too "old", particulaly ones who could assist the team (think Westwood and Hutchinson, not so much Boyd, Jones) seem a bit bonkers to me.

I suppose Jos has picked his hill to die on.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed it’s just that Sonofbert2 was trying to pass it off as fact that players were choosing when they could and couldn’t play and train and that’s simply not the case and the manager has never said this.

There is hard evidence, a tweet from a player himself, of this happening re. training at least.  It is very obvious what is going on if you read between the lines unless you don't want to see it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

What sanctions are available when a player or a small group of players decide that they want to be treated differently to the rest based on their past reputation and the amount they earn?

20 minutes to go tomorrow, 1-0 up. Norwich getting a grip of midfield.

Who do you want coming on? Shaw, Penney, Kirby, Stobbs or Sam Hutchinson. 

Simple question. These 3 points might keep us up. 

Just now, SiJ said:

I mean...I get it (to an extent), insofar as this club needs a refresh.

A clearing out of the old and bringing in of new players...but to be seemingly excluding players on the basis that they are too "old, and not available to train every week, play every week and not so many games in the past months also" particulaly ones who could assist the team (think Westwood and Hutchinson, not so much Boyd, Jones) seem a bit bonkers to me.

I suppose Jos has picked his hill to die on.

Just now, vulva said:

20 minutes to go tomorrow, 1-0 up. Norwich getting a grip of midfield.

Who do you want coming on? Shaw, Penney, Kirby, Stobbs or Sam Hutchinson. 

Simple question. These 3 points might keep us up. 

Penny to left . Move Fox into centre half as a extra body and allow Hector to step into a defensive  midfield position  and squeeze their man in the floating number 10 position?

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Penny to left . Move Fox into centre half as a extra body and allow Hector to step into a defensive  midfield position  and squeeze their man in the floating number 10 position?

Not for me. I’d bring on an experienced £25k per week player, proven at this level. 

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is hard evidence, a tweet from a player himself, of this happening re. training at least.  It is very obvious what is going on if you read between the lines unless you don't want to see it.

Please provide me with this hard evidence that players have been choosing when they train and when they play and I will happily stand to be corrected.

You have stated it is fact and you have stated hard evidence exists to prove this do this shouldn’t be a problem for you.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Please provide me with this hard evidence that players have been choosing when they train and when they play and I will happily stand to be corrected.

You have stated it is fact and you have stated hard evidence exists to prove this do this shouldn’t be a problem for you.

Westwood thread.

Player telling the world he's fit and only missed one training session since June ahead of being left out of preseason friendly.

If he was fit then why did he miss the session that led to his exclusion from the game?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Westwood thread.

Player telling the world he's fit and only missed one training session since June ahead of being left out of preseason friendly.

If he was fit then why did he miss the session that led to his exclusion from the game?

So in actual fact you have absolutely no hard evidence at all that players have been choosing when they train and we’ll they play but decided to pass it off as fact anyway.

At first it seemed most of these players were missing due to being injured. Then it became a debate that they were being left out due to their attitude and having fallen out with Jos and the club OR for financial reasons so we didn't have to pay bonuses, trigger new contracts etc etc. 

Even with what Jos has said today (and yes I watched it) his explanation that these players are being left out due to previous injuries, seemingly giving up on them because they haven't been available for matches and training seems bizarre to me. I understand why managers like a settled side etc, but does a manager really leave out a goalkeeper of Westwood's quality because he's been injured too often in the past? His league appearances the last 4 seasons have been 43, 34, 43, 18. I just don't believe it.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

So in actual fact you have absolutely no hard evidence at all that players have been choosing when they train and we’ll they play but decided to pass it off as fact anyway.

The evidence is from the player himself to somewhat stupidly bemoan the decision not to play him.  

Like I said, people have made up their minds and see what they want to see.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Dawson has been spot on so no need for Westwood. Hutch is not better than Onomah or Bannan in my opinion, As for the rest i don't see anyone better than who is currently on the pitch. Happy to stick with Jos.

I think Cameron's doing OK as well and the guy needs our support more than ever. I am going with the theory however that KW's omission is more for non football matters, be it money, ego, clash of personalities etc. As for Sam, I can see the football reasons why a manager couldn't trust him to give a 90 minute performance without it becoming a story about him, god only knows we need some ballast in the centre circle.

As for Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Marco......pffttt.

I'm sorry to say it (patience wearing thin with FF sadly as well) but we simply can't rely on some of these guys. Week after week after week is just endless talk and speculation about injuries and comebacks as likely as an Oasis reunion concert. A number of players (ie.Fletch) could easily break down tomorrow afternoon as well adding to our woes.

One criticism of Jos I do have is messing about with that back line every week. A back line with Penney, Lees, Hector, Thornily, Palmer in it should be good enough to get better results than we're getting. I thought his team selection for the QPR match in particular was poor.  

I actually think we're in an OK position right now considering the wreckage which was left last Christmas (think Burton at h), it's only 2 weeks ago we were in the play-offs spots! We're fragile at the minute and another tough (Derby Day) month of results and the place could go in to meltdown resulting in more tweaking of the hamstrings.

We're in transition and it can go one of two ways. The only way we're going to move forward here is by sticking together and backing the team, starting against Norwich.........there's no other way.

See you tomorrow & UTO       

• Like 1
  • Haha 1