Press conference live now

he seems a very strong character with clear ideas of how he wants to go about turning the team around ….. I hope it works for him and he can survive to the end of the season and help with the rebuilding that we certainly need in the summer .

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

As always good, well thought out points. For me I have no issue with young, promising players being played with a view to the long term. 

But what I cannot fathom is the logic of having a bench full of youngsters who in some cases have literally never played a first team team in their lives. Asking them to come on and close out a close fought game simply makes no sense. That would be the perfect time to utilise the experience of Hutchinson and Boyd without standing in the way of young players development. And I'm really not sure that chucking entirely inexperienced youngster into such a high pressure situation can really be good for their development.

And this is what worries me. All for bringing in youngsters, but it has to be done right. In the mean time we need results. I’m poohing my pants going into the derby with a bench like last week, yet alone the first team. 

Guest Bulgaria

I think it's perfectly obvious as to why Jos is refusing to play the some of the squad.

Something has gone off, things have been said and he is digging his heals in 

Why would any manager of swfc not want the help of Westwood, Hutchinson, Boyd and Jones on the pitch..?

Unless they had broke some club rule or summat.

I know nothing but to me it stinks of Jos being told he can't play certain players and he's making it out to be his decision.  Either way, the problem for Jos is that whilst the results continue as they are, more and more people will start to question him personally. 

My biggest concern, alongside the current run of results, it the possible negative impact this could be having throughout the squad.  Big characters not playing (some will be very close to those in the current team) unfortunately their voices will become louder and louder after each and every poor result/performance.    

35 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I think it's perfectly obvious as to why Jos is refusing to play the some of the squad.

Something has gone off, things have been said and he is digging his heals in 

Why would any manager of swfc not want the help of Westwood, Hutchinson, Boyd and Jones on the pitch..?

Unless they had broke some club rule or summat.

Based on Boyd's last few performances, I certainly wouldn't be picking him.  Hutchinson is a player I like, but is a booking or injury waiting to happen; unless his recklessness can be coached out of him (for his own protection and the team's benefit) I can't see Jos picking him.

jos aint a liar I believe what he says regards no contract issues and chansiri not telling him he cant play those 5 players . but now im convinced that jos has to go , how can he justify not using Hutchinson,boyd ,westwood.  jones is finished fair enough , abdi if he has been training for a few weeks then why not give him some u23 games ,he says there is no issue regards fallouts etc its purely for footballing reasons ,jos has defo lost the plot .

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he seems a very strong character with clear ideas of how he wants to go about turning the team around ….. I hope it works for him and he can survive to the end of the season and help with the rebuilding that we certainly need in the summer .

If he was a strong character he would portray that in his conferences, to me he seems like a rabbit in headlights 

I find it baffling that the likes of Westwood, Hutch, Abdi, Boyd and Jones are completely frozen out. If they are fit, then they need to be included in the match day squad, as they give us much needed experience and nous.

Our bench these days is full of kids, which limits us severely.

Jos's explanation that their non inclusion is due to footballing reasons just doesn't wash. I genuinely hope that I am proved wrong, but his single minded belligerent approach to team selection is something that is going to come back and smack him in the chops. And if that does happen, the blame lays firmly at his door.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Exactly, and he really seems like he doesn't care whether his way is liked or not. Like any of those drill sergeants, they know they don't need to please anyone but do their jobs. As his boss, DC has given him some sort of orders, and the academy seems to be on high priority.

If Jos was not as quiet and reserved and would just tell you funny anecdotes at press conferences instead of being quite direct, what then? I think some people would be making even more guesses. But footballing reasons does include moaning, that is for sure.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

And.....

I wouldn't think that he's not frightened of much if he's eyeballing Hutchinson and Westwood on a regular basis.

Conducting press conferences in your third language when the team are drawing criticism would make anyone appear a bit uncertain/hesitant.

Edited by Costello 77
  • Thanks 1

Not sure where this is heading, players, apparently all bar three, are now fit, yet they are even left out of U23 games. How can they improve their sharpness, if they aren’t allowed game time. As a consequence,  our bench is often full of young players, who don’t really merit a place on the bench. That isn’t good for our play off hopes, and it isn’t particularly good for their development. 

Edited by gurujuan