Press conference live now

Listen carefully to what Jos is saying, really carefully because he does still struggle with making his point in English.

The players he is selecting are in the team because they are young, fit and able to train every day.

He is consistently leaving out Westwood, Abdi, Jones, Hutchinson and Boyd. Who are all apparently now fit.

If I had the job of selecting a team Abdi, Jones and Boyd would get nowhere near the match day squad based on their performances when they have been seen.

That leaves Westwood who Only Jos seems not to rate, and Hutchinson who has never been fully fit and has an awful disciplinary record. One can only conclude that he does not like what he sees in these two on a daily basis in training.

Either that or you believe he’s an outright liar. That I do not believe 

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I believe him when he says he's building a team for the future based on young fit players who are going to actually be at the club after 30th July 2019.

Is there deeper issues? 

I think the only issue, and understandably is that some players have probably got the hump on at not playing. 

And if I'm honest...Id have the hump on because I'd be desperate to play too. I would. Especially if i was used to being picked when I declared myself 75% and was one of the big names in the club. 

I'd not be happy.  

It'll be water of a ducks back to Jos. I don't think he cares one jot about being popular or a players mate. 

It might be a bit of a hardcore way of doing it. But I genuinely think he's trying to put the club and the long term good of the first team. It'll be a choppy ride.

But actually. Good! It's time someone did.

His obstacle will be results and a fanbase who are paying over the odds for their football. 

They won't give him the time to pull this long term plan off if he doesn't get results. We all know that. 

good points 

BUT it still doesn't seem logical 

it seems to me that if there is no interference or mass argument with the exiled players and the present situation is solely his prerogative, that he is cutting his nose off to spite his tache 

I get the thought/theory that he wants to evolve the club out of the mess he inherited, but whilst we are paying these players shed loads he owes it to the club  to keep them match fit and ready 

A) It's stupid to deny yourself experience even if injury prone

B) The value of these players is sinking like a stone if they aren't considered good enough even to play in the U23s 

Forget injuries for a minute, if we can, going back 2/3 years it's eye watering for DC how many completely wasted millions in wages we are paying to players we actually signed  but were frozen out by CC and now Jos ,  back to Mcgugan, Bus, Lachman, Melo, Urby The 3 loan wingers  can't remember their names FFS and  now Abdi Jones Boyd Westwood Hutch  and I've prob missed a lot more 

We waited years for a bit of real cash to throw at it  and TBH it's absolutely criminal that DC's money has just been thrown away and still is by Jos. He wasn't given the chance to buy players due to the embargo  so for this season he needs to use all available players not overly rely on kids  then when and if we can trim off the surplus he can build - 

IF he lasts that long pursuing this madness personally I'm losing patience I can see him gone after the next 3 matches 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Listen carefully to what Jos is saying, really carefully because he does still struggle with making his point in English.

The players he is selecting are in the team because they are young, fit and able to train every day.

He is consistently leaving out Westwood, Abdi, Jones, Hutchinson and Boyd. Who are all apparently now fit.

If I had the job of selecting a team Abdi, Jones and Boyd would get nowhere near the match day squad based on their performances when they have been seen.

That leaves Westwood who Only Jos seems not to rate, and Hutchinson who has never been fully fit and has an awful disciplinary record. One can only conclude that he does not like what he sees in these two on a daily basis in training.

He picks Matias when he’s fit and he has the worst fitness record of all of them 

Fletcher can’t play twice a week 

Just seems all a bit daft to me 

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

He picks Matias when he’s fit and he has the worst fitness record of all of them 

3 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

If he was a strong character he would portray that in his conferences, to me he seems like a rabbit in headlights 

you see him different from me then coz I see a bloke who doesn't back down …it would be very easy for him to go down the route of playing the old and infirm and continue the crap we have had since the Huddersfield debacle ,that he realises that will get us nowhere and has the guts to do something different even though it cops him a load of flak from those that get upset coz there favourites arnt playing makes him far from a "rabbit in the headlights" in my eyes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yet again ... a depressing dull uninspiring pre match conference...like previous pre match conferences it’s like we’ve lost already .. before a ball is kicked ...no wonder our players are under confident .. ...no motivation .... it’s the managers dull drepressing manner that’s rubbing off on everybody 

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you see him different from me then coz I see a bloke who doesn't back down …it would be very easy for him to go down the route of playing the old and infirm and continue the crap we have had since the Huddersfield debacle ,that he realises that will get us nowhere and has the guts to do something different even though it cops him a load of flak from those that get upset coz there favourites arnt playing makes him far from a "rabbit in the headlights" in my eyes 

Agree.

You don't have to be a ranter and raver or dominate a room to have a strong character. How many of those types that are are merely playing a role anyone. A caricature in some cases.  I my experience it is often the quietest people who go about their business without the soundbites that are often the strongest willed. 

image.png.60447abf39584ef8e488ac86d7ab604b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Agree.

You don't have to be a ranter and raver or dominate a room to have a strong character. How many of those types that are are merely playing a role anyone. A caricature in some cases.  I my experience it is often the quietest people who go about their business without the soundbites that are often the strongest willed. 

image.png.60447abf39584ef8e488ac86d7ab604b.png

to right, but he does dominate that numptie who asks the questions at the pressers.every week he tries to goad him and every week jos doesn't bat an eyelid and gives him nothing but a look of contempt ……..think he's a top bloke and really hope he's given a decent length of time to try and  turn things around …….  

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

to right, but he does dominate that numptie who asks the questions at the pressers.every week he tries to goad him and every week jos doesn't bat an eyelid and gives him nothing but a look of contempt ……..think he's a top bloke and really hope he's given a decent length of time to try and  turn things around …….  

He gave him short shrift today when he answered a question, it was twisted slightly in the repeat and he was in like a flash "That's not what I said"

Highlighted the last line of your post.  Whoever is in the hot seat will need time to turn around things as they are.  

31 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Yet again ... a depressing dull uninspiring pre match conference...like previous pre match conferences it’s like we’ve lost already .. before a ball is kicked ...no wonder our players are under confident .. ...no motivation .... it’s the managers dull drepressing manner that’s rubbing off on everybody 

.I don't think the point of  pressers are to inspire the players to greater deeds...…..I thought he was very positive about the game tomorrow and certainly didn't see any defeatism in what he said ……. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He gave him short shrift today when he answered a question, it was twisted slightly in the repeat and he was in like a flash "That's not what I said"

Highlighted the last line of your post.  Whoever is in the hot seat will need time to turn around things as they are.  

he or whoever certainly will ….I  see jos as the len Ashurst of modern times ...the bloke who starts to clear up the mess the club are in and like len he'll probably not be the one who gets to reap the rewards of dealing with all the crap .

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

he or whoever certainly will ….I  see jos as the len Ashurst of modern times ...the bloke who starts to clear up the mess the club are in and like len he'll probably not be the one who gets to reap the rewards of dealing with all the crap .

Think you might be right. He's going to need to get some short term results to turn the tide now if he's to have a chance of following through with a rebuild in the mid to longer term. 

Short term crap for long term gain won’t work I’m afraid. He came with a reputation of building a strong team ethic. This appears the most split camp I think I’ve ever seen. Maybe like carlos he will tell us the truth after he’s left?

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Short term crap for long term gain won’t work I’m afraid. He came with a reputation of building a strong team ethic. This appears the most split camp I think I’ve ever seen. Maybe like carlos he will tell us the truth after he’s left?

Might be a split camp. Might not.

Who knows. When the Radio Sheffield goon today tried to shoehorn in a comment about the older players not having the right spirit Jos pounced on him like a flash saying they were the reporters words.

If it is a split camp though. ..it'll only be until the summer and then...

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We've got no money to spend as you well know.

That's the truth. We do the best we can to bring the young ones on and keep our status in this division.

Btw I think Jos is building a good team ethic .. it's bound to upset the players who won't get on board.

They're getting the boot next summer.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

So according to Jos....

Dawson/Wildsmith are better than Westwood

Kirby is better than Hutchinson and Abdi

Preston is better than Boyd

Shaw is better than Jones

Get this joker out of my football club. He hasn’t got a clue!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

I don’t rate Jos at all as my recent posts show but I didn’t feel like he gave off these vibes at all. He talks rounduns and his opinion on players is ridiculous but I think he believes in himself. Not sure it’s a defeatist attitude, I just think he’s delusional.

4 hours ago, Maxine said:

So its all Jos's fault regarding Westwood.

No, that’d be Westwood’s

4 hours ago, torres said:

Difference is those lot will have bought in to what Jos is doing