Press conference live now

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he didn't say any of that and of course they arnt better but he's looking at the bigger picture and trying to change the ethos of the club ….none of those you mention have a future here so it stands to reason why he prefers blooding the younger element who may have  ….sure it will cost us some games as he goes thru the process of change but in the long run it can only be beneficial for the club . …if he disregards the young'uns and keeps playing those you champion what happens at the end of the season when they all get released ….he'd have to start again and this season would have been a waste of a year . …..we finally have a manager who's trying to build something rather than just accumulate players and hope they fit into the team ...I think he's far from a joker who hasn't got a clue .  

don't agree about all of that , regards future matias has been here 3.5 years and been injured nearly all the time and contract up in the summer surely not keeping him on are we? then we have Hutchinson yes injury prone but he is here for 2 more years lets get 40 games out of him than pay him for 2 years to do nothing. im all for the future ie dawson penney thornily etc but putting kids in like rice,shaw,kirby,lee,hunt those lads are 2 years away minimum then they will need a loan move like the mentioned 3 to gain experience . I don't think everything jos has done is bad but he has created a problem in the camp now by having 5 who are now outcasts . 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

don't agree about all of that , regards future matias has been here 3.5 years and been injured nearly all the time and contract up in the summer surely not keeping him on are we? then we have Hutchinson yes injury prone but he is here for 2 more years lets get 40 games out of him than pay him for 2 years to do nothing. im all for the future ie dawson penney thornily etc but putting kids in like rice,shaw,kirby,lee,hunt those lads are 2 years away minimum then they will need a loan move like the mentioned 3 to gain experience . I don't think everything jos has done is bad but he has created a problem in the camp now by having 5 who are now outcasts . 

it's probably only a problem to the 5 and i'm sure the club would let them leave if they want out  ……….i'm sure those that are playing every week are happy enough .would bannan & penney have signed new deals if they wernt ..

Of all the older players, most of whom have carried long time injuries , can anyone say with all honesty that  any of them with possibly the exception of Westwood are any better than the ones playing? Hutchinson, whilst a good player, is always an accident waiting to happen if we follow his record, either with injuries or his disciplinary record. Abdi has proved to be an injury room regular, more injured than available. Boyd's form, when playing , has been only so-so. Matias seems to be a mystery, certainly not certain of a place. The enigma is Westwood.Injured and out of form, or certainly not match-fit at the start of the season, is he brought back immediately to replace a young relatively inexperienced Keeper who has not let the side down (mistakes have been made by defenders more than any other) This is a decision that only someone CLOSELY involved with the everyday work done by the players involved can make - whether we like it or not.

18 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Big Mick or even Bruce are better than Jos mate. If you think the players I mentioned in my post are better than Westwood, Hutch et al then you are the joker mate as you know absolutely nothing about football 

You should take what he said and consider his opinion. Its based on fact and football knowledge. My opinion is the joker is you ignoring the obvious and making out the players you favour would put us in a better situation is pure fantasy. 

12 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Of all the older players, most of whom have carried long time injuries , can anyone say with all honesty that  any of them with possibly the exception of Westwood are any better than the ones playing? Hutchinson, whilst a good player, is always an accident waiting to happen if we follow his record, either with injuries or his disciplinary record. Abdi has proved to be an injury room regular, more injured than available. Boyd's form, when playing , has been only so-so. Matias seems to be a mystery, certainly not certain of a place. The enigma is Westwood.Injured and out of form, or certainly not match-fit at the start of the season, is he brought back immediately to replace a young relatively inexperienced Keeper who has not let the side down (mistakes have been made by defenders more than any other) This is a decision that only someone CLOSELY involved with the everyday work done by the players involved can make - whether we like it or not.

Spot on, I don't get why some think they know more about players form and fitness from behind a keyboard than the manager does who sees them play, train and discuss private medical issues individually with each member of the squad. Madness.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

You should take what he said and consider his opinion. Its based on fact and football knowledge. My opinion is the joker is you ignoring the obvious and making out the players you favour would put us in a better situation is pure fantasy. 

Don’t be ridiculous. Of course we’d be in a better position if Westwood was playing. I think Hutch would be a big improvement too in either defense or midfield. Jos has been here almost a year and has NO IDEA what his best team is. He drops the one player who has actually been decent in our pathetic run in Hector. But go on mate, you keep on sucking his balls because we’ll be bottom by Christmas with him in charge!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 hours ago, torryowl said:

he didn't say any of that and of course they arnt better but he's looking at the bigger picture and trying to change the ethos of the club ….none of those you mention have a future here so it stands to reason why he prefers blooding the younger element who may have  ….sure it will cost us some games as he goes thru the process of change but in the long run it can only be beneficial for the club . …if he disregards the young'uns and keeps playing those you champion what happens at the end of the season when they all get released ….he'd have to start again and this season would have been a waste of a year . …..we finally have a manager who's trying to build something rather than just accumulate players and hope they fit into the team ...I think he's far from a joker who hasn't got a clue .  

Cost us some games??? The understatement of the century. We’re going down with him in charge!