Press conference live now

Just now, full fathom five said:

Haven't listened to it, but did he genuinely say that??? I find that staggering, not for ability surely?

He said there was no fall out , nothing contractual and no orders from the chairman..................it is his decision alone not to include them in the squad and to continually ask why is disrespectful to the players he is picking.

11 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I find that impossible to take at face value. If he really believes that you have to ask serious questions about his player judgement. When all the deadwood leaves at the end of this year do we really want Jos to be the man who decides on their replacements....

I certainly don't

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

He said there was no fall out , nothing contractual and no orders from the chairman..................it is his decision alone not to include them in the squad and to continually ask why is disrespectful to the players he is picking.

So it's based on ability? if so the mans a fool.

So we now know the reason Westwood and Hutch are not playing is because they are not ready for first team football. The question i would have followed that up with is what is Jos and his coaching team doing to get them ready for first team football. The answer to this question would have told you all you needed - I am have to ask the chairman.

What team in January is going to come in for a player that is fit and has not played for 6 months. So we will be paying the wages of Westwood, Hutchinson, Abdi, Jones, Boyd until at least the summer another few million spunked down the drain by the chairman and manager.

If we don't get positive results tomorrow and against the blunts Friday the call for Jos head are going to get loader. You can get beaten by a better team but give it a go, at the moment we are not making it difficult to beat us most games we are making it very easy not doing the basic sufficiently well enough. 

He's not allowed to pick westwood, anything else said is just towing the party line 

People know this and i would suspect that the local journo's know this, which means if they do know this then they are more afraid of repercussions from the club rather than their journalistic integrity 

16 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I think our case is different. You have to upset the chairman to be gone. Carlos proved that, he only went because he lined Swansea up. Convenient how we agreed to part company and then gets a job straight after and we get screwed for compensation.

Fans opinion doesn’t really matter to him Chansiri, unless it dramatically affects his finances. 

Not saying either way if I want him gone or not because I don’t know, but can we actually afford to sack him anyway? 

Understand where you're coming from and I agree with a lot of what you are saying.  Seems to me this manager is as stubborn as Carlos was and if you're not getting results and the if fans feel you're not using all the options available to you for whatever reason it won't be long before it turns toxic and Lukuhay's position will soon become untenable if it hasn't already?

4 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

He's not allowed to pick westwood, anything else said is just towing the party line 

People know this and i would suspect that the local journo's know this, which means if they do know this then they are more afraid of repercussions from the club rather than their journalistic integrity 

If that's the case then so much for Jos being his own man. I thought he was renowned for not being a yes man when we employed him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

If that's the case then so much for Jos being his own man. I thought he was renowned for not being a yes man when we employed him.

It is the case, and maybe he took the job knowing what was coming and who would have to be moved on 

51 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I have less respect for this man the more I here from in 

Just blatant blatant lies 

Whats the truth then Freshy?

We've got it first hand from the team manager who takes training every day.

You have a witness for the prosecution to disclaim with named sources ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Understand where you're coming from and I agree with a lot of what you are saying.  Seems to me this manager is as stubborn as Carlos was and if you're not getting results and the if fans feel you're not using all the options available to you for whatever reason it won't be long before it turns toxic and Lukuhay's position will soon become untenable if it hasn't already?

Said the other day, lose to Norwich and then United and it’ll turn very unpleasant, possibly nasty. 

No idea if this woukd force the chaimsns hand though. I think he’d just blame the fans somehow 

57 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So he genuinely believes Westwood and Hutch aren’t even good enough to be in the squad. Absolutely baffling. 

Did you listen to the interview? He didn't say they aren't good enough - he actually alludes to their fitness, their shape, and the amount of training they've had. At no point did he say "they aren't good enough"

Not many of us like the decision, which is fine. But it's important for folk to stop making stuff up. 

He will ultimately live or die by his decision to leave these players out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It’s a good point Snoots.

Can I ask you though. Do you believe everything Jos is saying? Or do you think there are deeper issues with regards to these players and other things around the club?

8 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well if that’s the case then no manager in history has ever lied to the media 

Blind leading the blind. Westwood and Hutch just magically dropped 

Imagine united dropping de gea with no explanation. And no I’m not comparing the two, but in terms of the roles they play for their squad it’s similar 

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

So he's not a yes man but he's happy for the chairman to dictate to him who he can and cannot pick. Right ok :wacko:

Not what i said is it, I said that maybe the impending situation was explained to him before he signed and he knew as of the beginning of the season that if westwood wasn't sold it would become a potential problem the following season, and  maybe he agreed to take the job on those terms