Hooper and Lee won't play again this year

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

We don’t have a couple hundred thousand? 

Lee I’m gonna guess around 15k, X 8 =120k

Hooper I’m gonna guess around 30k X 8= 240k

thats 360k, Christ actually a lot of money when you consider it’s only 2 players

The figures you quote are per week wages not per month. The pay off amounts would be over 4 times as much.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I feel the same but what else could it be? Chansiri doesn’t seem one whose reluctant to part with cash, so I doubt it’s anything to do with bonuses 

It very possibly is. Partly at least, considering we were under embargo and have been gently shafted by FFP this year. 

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I feel the same but what else could it be? Chansiri doesn’t seem one whose reluctant to part with cash, so I doubt it’s anything to do with bonuses 

No idea. But something isn’t right. It’s like the Blair Witch Project. Players walk off with a groin strain and disappear for 12 months. 

Look at Hooper as an example. Bullen did an interview in the Star January 4th 2018, 3 weeks into his injury saying he had been ‘set back a couple of weeks’. 

Who’s treating them, that crackers bird from Misery?

The whole thing just doesn’t add up. 

• Haha 1

They both signed extensions under CC during his reign, which was good business at the time, both big earners especially Hooper so releasing them or selling them is not happening.

Given all the injuries I would not be surprised if they both left at the end of this season when there deals run out.

What I can't get my head around is HOW they have both been out for so long? Forestieri ruptured his ACL, it does not get any worse than that for a footballer surely?!?! and he has come back and started playing regularly quicker before them.

Would love to see them come back and get fit and give us a some more memorable games but i doubt it.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

Then they should do the decent thing and sod off. Had plenty of fat pay packets for doing nowt. It’s crippling us 

this is 2018 no1 but no1 tears up a 25-30k a week wage up because its the right moral thing to do ,it just aint happening . as for hooper he is on 29k a week and has put quite a bit of weight on as for k lee he has been advised to retire or long term it will/might impact on his health but knowing Kieran he just don't want to give up because that's his character ,that comes from  a very good source believe it or don't . I don't see either playing again . our wage bill of none playing players is totally crippling it must be not far off half our total 28m million wage bill.

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

this is 2018 no1 but no1 tears up a 25-30k a week wage up because its the right moral thing to do ,it just aint happening . as for hooper he is on 29k a week and has put quite a bit of weight on as for k lee he has been advised to retire or long term it will/might impact on his health but knowing Kieran he just don't want to give up because that's his character ,that comes from  a very good source believe it or don't . I don't see either playing again . our wage bill of none playing players is totally crippling it must be not far off half our total 28m million wage bill.

Roll on the summer of 2019

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Roll on the summer of 2019

yer we might lose 80% of our crocks but as chansiri admitted that's when the football league come for us ,im beginning to wonder if that's why some of jos`s crazy ideas of droping hutch,westwood,boyd for these 16-18year olds is because we already know we wont be able to sign anyone next summer that's my big worry . 

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yer we might lose 80% of our crocks but as chansiri admitted that's when the football league come for us ,im beginning to wonder if that's why some of jos`s crazy ideas of droping hutch,westwood,boyd for these 16-18year olds is because we already know we wont be able to sign anyone next summer that's my big worry . 

So complicated but to not be able to sign anyone is bad news

Really disappointing news for the club, the players themselves  and fans alike, but deep down I suspect most of us are far from surprised.

Given this and the Winnall setback we the fans really need to get behind the lads who do pull on the shirt and do our bit and hope that the young ones continue to develop, the senior pro's like Tom Lees regain their confidence and Jos along with DC can find one or two gems from abroad or the lower leagues who can improve the squad on what will be a very tight budget in January.

Although it pains me to say it, we the fans, must not make comparisons with anything the scrubbers from S2 may or may not achieve this season as this will simply heap more pressure on players and management alike who right now have enough on three plate.

Let's give Jos time to work and develop the young ones, their is much talent within the U18's and U23's and I just have a sneaky feeling that in 12-18 months time we will have a team of homegrown talent to be proud of.

• Like 1