Hooper and Lee won't play again this year

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

There is no sentiment in football. I have seen the likes of Hooper and Lee have as many poor games as good games. Lee is a decent honest footballer but for some to say he is Premier league class is getting ahead of themselves. Hooper on the other hand gives me the impression he doesnt look after himself when it comes to his personal fitness.

I feel for Lee, but Hooper i can't wait to get shut of.

1 hour ago, torres said:

Does anyone have a clue what injury Tiger Hooper even has?

I saw him walk off against Forest, i could have sworn they said thigh strain at the time.

A year out with a thigh strain is some going!!!

The original injury wasn't too bad but then

he hurt his hip at the driving range

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

We don’t have a couple hundred thousand? 

Lee I’m gonna guess around 15k, X 8 =120k

Hooper I’m gonna guess around 30k X 8= 240k

thats 360k, Christ actually a lot of money when you consider it’s only 2 players

Will be even more when you realise you've forgotten they get that much per week not per month.:CEO:

I don't feel sorry for anyone who reputedly earns around 30k a week whether it's a short career or not , in a year that adds up to £1.5M a year , most people won't earn that in their working lives, if they've invested well in their 10 year career they should be well sorted !

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

I don't feel sorry for anyone who reputedly earns around 30k a week whether it's a short career or not , in a year that adds up to £1.5M a year , most people won't earn that in their working lives, if they've invested well in their 10 year career they should be well sorted !

Money isn't happiness. I bet it's frustrating as hell for Lee and Hooper. You ever had a period in your life where you've had nothing to do and no purpose? It can really damage someone's mental health. 

I feel sorry for both of them regardless of what money they are on.

Lee's first hip operation was apparently unsuccessful. Coupled with him coming back for the Forest game last September then being asked to play a full 90 three days later (which came as a big surprise to Lee himself) it was only a matter of time before he broke down again.

Last I heard his hip seemed to be OK - he had a knee injury that was very concerning but things were looking up. Not sure what the latest setback is. 

We seem to always have certain players that are never fit, it's been going on for years.

Steve Adams, played every game for Plymouth in there promotion season, we sign him and hardly kicks a ball for us.

We had the 3 scottish players, Phil Scott, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell, always seemed to be out injured.

Akpo Sodje, had a few supeb games for us then was out injured and never returned same player.

Andy Hinchcliffe and Wim Jonk were always out injured.

Before all these was David Hirst, played nearly every game in his first few seasons then started picking injuries up, one from stepping on a bloody stone if I remember right. :duntmatter:

We're cursed I tell thee. 

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

We seem to always have certain players that are never fit, it's been going on for years.

Steve Adams, played every game for Plymouth in there promotion season, we sign him and hardly kicks a ball for us.

We had the 3 scottish players, Phil Scott, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell, always seemed to be out injured.

Akpo Sodje, had a few supeb games for us then was out injured and never returned same player.

Andy Hinchcliffe and Wim Jonk were always out injured.

Before all these was David Hirst, played nearly every game in his first few seasons then started picking injuries up, one from stepping on a bloody stone if I remember right. :duntmatter:

We're cursed I tell thee. 

It’s part of the Sheffield Wednesday recruitment process 

We sign players with good potential but with questionable fitness/injury levels, been doing it for as long as I can remember 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s part of the Sheffield Wednesday recruitment process 

We sign players with good potential but with questionable fitness/injury levels, been doing it for as long as I can remember 

We could sign a player who has never been injured jn 10 years, he would retire after 6 months with us due to some bizarre illness noone has ever heard of

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We could sign a player who has never been injured jn 10 years, he would retire after 6 months with us due to some bizarre illness noone has ever heard of

It’s because we got them on the cheap, and if fully fit we wouldn’t have stood a chance of signing:

Sam Hutchinson 

anthony gardener 

almen abdi 

gary Hooper 

just a few I can think of over the last 5 years 

3 hours ago, torres said:

Does anyone have a clue what injury Tiger Hooper even has?

I saw him walk off against Forest, i could have sworn they said thigh strain at the time.

A year out with a thigh strain is some going!!!

I was at Forest and it looked nothing serious to me, was hardly limping or anything, I expected him back next game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I was at Forest and it looked nothing serious to me, was hardly limping or anything, I expected him back next game.

I think we must have a torture chamber 

''What's up Hooper?''

''Just a slight thigh strain i think''

''We will see about that, pass me the chainsaw please nurse!''

3 hours ago, the monk said:

Sounds like it may be crippling the players also , ever thought of that or do you think they have chose to lose massive chunks of a short career?

No they haven’t chose to and yeah it’s sad . Both have been paid very well by the club though and will both will have done incredibly well out of the club and the game , hooper  especially . Part of me thinks can’t blame them for sitting there taking the money , the other half is sick of having god knows how many crocks sat there who are finished getting paid for nowt 

• Like 1