Hooper and Lee won't play again this year

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Money isn't happiness. I bet it's frustrating as hell for Lee and Hooper. You ever had a period in your life where you've had nothing to do and no purpose? It can really damage someone's mental health. 

I feel sorry for both of them regardless of what money they are on.

I wouldn’t feel sorry for them , hooper don’t exactly look devastated does he ? Don’t get me wrong I don’t blame the bloke , but I’d say his mental heath is just fine ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

You can forgive/accept one bad season injury wise. But to still have the same issues now given we replaced the medical staff because we deemed them inadequate is absolutely appalling. 

If I were DC, id want to know why this is happening still to the severity it is. Unless of course there’s more to it than that. 

Hirst , Westwood and now Abdi who is apparently  fit but not allowed or good enough to play for the under 23’s . For all the stick the long term injured players are getting I am sure they are just as sick as the fans , career threatening injuries are no joke . 

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Can a manager override the medical team's advice?  Surely if they say no then they can't play.  In this day and age of H&S I'd be surprised that a manager would have the final say.  Wouldn't the club be opening up themselves to all sorts of legal ramifications?

If Carlos knew by putting Kieran back in it would threaten his career I just don’t see why he would do that and I’m getting stick for thinking that way . 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

If Carlos knew by putting Kieran back in it would threaten his career I just don’t see why he would do that and I’m getting stick for thinking that way . 

People have to have someone to blame, you have stuck your head up above the parapet to defend him so you get the brickbats.  In time they will come to blame for it.  End all your future posts with "Carlos is Evil".... Good luck

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No surprise FF is out injured again. Another one who was playing with an injury back end of 16/17 season. 

Carlos has a lot to answer for. The fact Lee, Hooper, Hutch, FF, Fletch, Lees, Bannan have all been sidelined since the two years under Carlos is absolutely no coincidence to me. All key players who were overplayed and overworked. 

I mean Hutch is a perfect example. Everyone knew his problem with injuries, yet he pretty much played week in week out for over a season.

What exactly do you mean by overworked ? Playing twice a week occasionally .  I don’t buy Fessie is now injured because of Carlos . Thought Jos sorted our fitness problems out , how long does it take to get a footballer fit ? 

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Lee's first hip operation was apparently unsuccessful. Coupled with him coming back for the Forest game last September then being asked to play a full 90 three days later (which came as a big surprise to Lee himself) it was only a matter of time before he broke down again.

Last I heard his hip seemed to be OK - he had a knee injury that was very concerning but things were looking up. Not sure what the latest setback is. 

It does seem he wasn’t eased back in playing the full 90 so soon after returning . 

Abdi, Matias, Fessi and Lee. All light weight build, no surprise to me they break down on a regular basic. 

Hooper, well, he's on the opposite scale, but a natural athlete he is not.

Next time we sign a player, I hope we take into account that the Championship is a tough physical marathon of a league, and scout robust players like Reach.

Edited by theoldtimer

9 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

Abdi, Matias, Fessi and Lee. All light weight build, no surprise to me they break down on a regular basic. 

Next time we sign a player, I hope we take into account that the Championship is a tough physical marathon of a league, and scout robust players like Reach.

Reach never gets injured cos he never puts a tackle in 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, theoldtimer said:

Tbf I think we have.

Pelupessy for example.

Just now, optimisticowl said:

True, albeit he’s generally too busy putting great crosses in and scoring classic long range goals, but then again, he can’t be perfect. :rolleyes:

Come on, we all know penalties, tap ins and long range goals don’t count

• Haha 1