Hooper and Lee won't play again this year

7 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Players like Abdi who have done naff all for the club , I agree, but Keiren Lee deserves a little more respect after what he has done on the pitch for us.

If his fitness allows it, I'd like to think we'd offer Kieran Lee a coaching role if he's forced to retire.

7 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

It's not like they _have_ been playing for us much this year either, so it doesn't really pose a problem for team selection. I hope Jos will be boosted by having Fessi, Marco Matias, Sam Winnall and Joost van Aken back soon-ish, other than that I'm considering our other long term injuries as gone and possibly not playing for us again. Less disappointment that way.

Not quite sure that having JVA back will be much of a boost, I'm not convinced that he's any better than Morgan Fox TBH.

9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos rushed him back to save himself. It failed. Now he's ended the career of one of the best central midfielders I've seen in a Wednesday shirt.

Some legacy that man left.

That is just speculation on two counts.

I guess you are one of those who blamed most of our injuries on Carlos. It’s very clear now that wasn’t the case.

I know a lot is being blamed on Carlos and the medical staff both back then and now still. Now I've no love for Carlos, but Lee & hutch, maybe Nando too seem the sort of characters that would just want to go out pull the shirt on, put a shift in and play and help the team/rest of the lads out even if not fully fit to play. I know I've done it in the past and no doubt a few on here will have too that have played, you hate being stuck watching others out there playing. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

4 hours ago, sw1867 said:

If players weren’t being played to save bonus payments, to so many players, I am sure the PFA would be involved. Especially if the club weren’t able to substantiate another reason for players not being picked.

Said it before, so many players would surely not be happy just to sit on their basic salary, foregoing hefty bonuses for months. Why would they agree to have it trotted out that they are injured as well - it wouldn't do their future salary negotiations with any club any good would it!

Something is wrong and has been for a long time but I can't see players sitting out pretending t be injured for months. The issues with Westwood, Jones, Boyd and probably Abdi who has had nondescript injury after injury are another matter.

For me on this one there is a number of issues that need addressing internally. We have a horrible history of having players who join us who've been mentioned in this post and then have injuries. So my question here is what / how many physio's / rehab staff do the club have in assisting players to get back upto match fitness? Are the correct structures in place to deliver?

So concentrating on FF when his knee went and he played on until the play off's and we did'nt prosper - but instead of having the procedure's booked in already with the selective surgeon at the end of the 16/17 season he started last season then broke down. Then he went for the operation and missed the majority of last season - who was making this decision at the time? CC or the Medical team?

Keiron Lee sounds potentially ill advised if the first operation did not go well and basically has to start again with the process and also his rehab. On a personal aspect I had a hip operation last September ( Femouroactabular Impingement - FAI ) in English I had my bone shaved to increase my movement. The surgeon had advised that this was like this since I was 15 i'm 40 now and If i was playing football recovery time would be 9 months to be playing again, thankfully now I'm back upto full fitness (if you can call it that!) My physio has been fantastic in assisting getting me back to normal. Now personal stuff aside as I'm not a professional sportsman but for Keiron Lee how has he been managed by the club for his journey? Not very good by the sounds of things which is very frustrating for us as fans as he is a major part in the team but also for him as an individual.

The other players - Abdi, Hutchinson, Hooper, Boyd, Winnall - others that I can't think of but are never in the frame and is costing us a stupid amount of money thrown down the drain as we sign players to join the retirement home...The scottish lads in the late 90's, Hinchcliffe, Jonk, De Bilde the list is long. This culture has to change along with ensuring that the rehab / physio  side is also becomes addressed so that these recurrences can be reduced so we can have our best 11 on the field at all times.

Going forward I seriously hope that Jos has the balls to have a massive exodus next summer so we can basically start from scratch to ultimately get where we want to be!

Anyway rant over! WAWAW  

The immediate concern is that we are down to 3 forwards.

Without FF, Hooper, Matias or Winnall we only have Joao, Nuhiu and Fletcher to rotate among 3 shirts. Fletcher is brittle and needs managing carefully.

Really need one or more back ASAP.

6 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

that statement annoys me more than anything I have read, how can you call Lee a burden when you have no idea what's going on, I don't know about Hooper but in Lee's case the treatment over the last few weeks by the club doctor has been unprofessional 

When it’s gone on this long I can’t help but feel it’s a burden. If the club know they won’t play again then what’s the point of all this? And elaborate on your point about Lee being treated unprofessionally?