Hooper and Lee won't play again this year

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Then they should do the decent thing and sod off. Had plenty of fat pay packets for doing nowt. It’s crippling us 

I'd suggest that Kieran Lee has done plenty during his time at SWFC.

More than enough to not have bo11ocks posts like this aimed at him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, torres said:

Does anyone have a clue what injury Tiger Hooper even has?

I saw him walk off against Forest, i could have sworn they said thigh strain at the time.

A year out with a thigh strain is some going!!!

Not as bad as Abdi’s veruka though.

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What Luhukay just said in his press conference.

No surprise really. But I doubt we'll ever see them in a Wednesday game again. 

Can't see either of them playing for us again.

And yeah, I think Lee is completely f00ked to be honest.

Even if he did make a return, you've got to think he will be a shadow of the player he once was.

Rushing him back from hip surgery was tantamount to negligence imo.

It's too much of a coincidence to have these career threatening injuries around the same time. The policy on bringing players back and declaring them fit was obviously flawed with long term consequences.

I would love to hear Carlos's honest assessment of it, as he is getting the blame for basically ending two players careers. 

Keiran Lee was our best player. A premiership class box to box midfielder with an eye for goal. 

Hooper scored goals and linked up play. We haven't another forward like that. 

Although both players were first names on the team sheet, I feel Jos has worked round them now knowing he would be likely to never have them available.

It's the same with Abdi..undoubted class but when a player is injured and unavailable as much as he has been, you don't really leave a place in the squad never mind the first the team for them. 

Edited by Bannofan

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Just pay them off and release them in January, not really losing out as we’d be paying them until June/July anyway. 

Absolute burden to the club and enough has to be enough now. Never seen anything like it and don’t think I will again 

Problem is, we don't have the money to pay them off 8 months early...

2 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

It's too much of a coincidence to have these career threatening injuries around the same time. The policy on bringing players back and declaring them fit was obviously flawed with long term consequences.

I would love to hear Carlos's honest assessment of it, as he is getting the blame for basically ending two players careers. 

Keiran Lee was our best player. A premiership class box to box midfielder with an eye for goal. 

Hooper scored goals and linked up play. We haven't another forward like that. 

Although both players were first names on the team sheet, I feel Jos has worked round them now knowing he would be likely to never have them available.

It's the same with Abdi..undoubted class but when a player is injured and unavailable as much as he has been, you don't really leave a place in the squad never mind the first the team for them. 

Have to agree.

I'm certain much of this stems from those first two seasons under Carlos and his allegedly lax fitness regime.

It's caught up with some of these players and may well have irreparable damage.

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Problem is, we don't have the money to pay them off 8 months early...

We don’t have a couple hundred thousand? 

Lee I’m gonna guess around 15k, X 8 =120k

Hooper I’m gonna guess around 30k X 8= 240k

thats 360k, Christ actually a lot of money when you consider it’s only 2 players

Hooper walked off under his own power nearly a year ago, Think he's probably as buggered as Lee. 

It's a shame, especially for Lee because he genuinely is/was a class act, but they are done as far as playing for Wednesday is concerned.  

Actually worried we might offer them new contracts though, it's the sort of insane thing you expect Wednesday to do.

25 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Then they should do the decent thing and sod off. Had plenty of fat pay packets for doing nowt. It’s crippling us 

The sad state of affairs is we (if reports are to be believed) are in fact crippling them. The least we can do is honour their contracts after doing so. 

You can forgive/accept one bad season injury wise. But to still have the same issues now given we replaced the medical staff because we deemed them inadequate is absolutely appalling. 

If I were DC, id want to know why this is happening still to the severity it is. Unless of course there’s more to it than that. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

thats 360k, Christ actually a lot of money when you consider it’s only 2 players

You are confusing weeks with months. ^^^^

3 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Hooper walked off under his own power nearly a year ago, Think he's probably as buggered as Lee. 

It's a shame, especially for Lee because he genuinely is/was a class act, but they are done as far as playing for Wednesday is concerned.  

Actually worried we might offer them new contracts though, it's the sort of insane thing you expect Wednesday to do.

I'm convinced they will get new deals 

It'll be ''pay as you don't play'' deals knowing us 

Edited by torres

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Your math is off by a factor of 4 or so, assuming they’re on 15k-30k per week not months. 

• Haha 1