• Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Penney
    • Nuhiu
    • Palmer
    • Joao

3 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Dawson 2 - shambolic performance

Should have at least got a hand to their goal and probably should have saved it. Was 6 foot off his line for no reason. His decision making was awful. His kicking was terrible and he can't catch. 

Needs dropping. 

Baker 4 - out of his depth. Torn apart by saiz time and time again. 

hector 6 - steady but lazy with the ball. 

Lees 6 - steady but isn't a captain 

Thorniley 5 - steady butjust passed it back to Dawson every chance he got. 

Penney 6 - did okay 

Pelupessy 4 - anonymous. Not sure what he does 

Bannan 4 - anonymous tonight. Never got Into the game. Compare his set pieces to Douglas..... Poor 

Reach 7 - gets a 7 for his goal other than that didn't do enough. Doesn't look as fit as last season. 

Fletcher 4 - won nothing against janson. Slow and lethargic. Past it 

Forestieri 6 - huffed and puffed but just fell over most of the game. Still struggling to find any real form.

Saiz ran the game whilst nando was a  passenger for most of it. 

Subs 

Palmer 6 - better than baker but still no where near good enough. Rb a real issue for us 

Nuhiu- 2 - back to being dreadful

Slow poor touch and poor decision making. Needs moving on.

Joao - 2 - lazy and didn't get into the game. You never know which joao your gonna get. 

Jos 3 - one of th3 most one sided games I've ever seen. We were dominated from the first minute to the last minute. Tactically got it all wrong. 

Subs were ineffective and had zero impact on the game. 

There's no game plan with this team. We just turn up and sort of wing it. 

Leeds had a very particular style of play and cut us open time and time again. 

On another night this could have been a cricket score. 

I try to get behind jos but it's very difficult. 

When was the last time we played well for 60 70 minutes of a game? 

I can't remember either. 

Frustrating. 

????? this takes the p'ss

4 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Should have at least got a hand to their goal and probably should have saved it. Was 6 foot off his line for no reason. His decision making was awful. His kicking was terrible and he can't catch. 

Needs dropping. 

Penney 6 - did okay 

Bannan 4 - anonymous tonight. Never got Into the game. Compare his set pieces to Douglas..... Poor 

Reach 7 - gets a 7 for his goal other than that didn't do enough. Doesn't look as fit as last season. 

Forestieri 6 - huffed and puffed but just fell over most of the game. Still struggling to find any real form.

Subs 

Palmer 6 - better than baker but still no where near good enough. Rb a real issue for us 

Joao - 2 - lazy and didn't get into the game. You never know which joao your gonna get. 

Jos 3 - one of th3 most one sided games I've ever seen. We were dominated from the first minute to the last minute. Tactically got it all wrong. 

I can't remember either. 

Frustrating. 

Either poo joke or you're an idiot

Dawson 6

Baker 5

Penney 7

Lees 6

Thorniley 7 MOM 

Hector 7

Bannan 5

Pelupessy 7

Reach 6

Forestieri 6

Fletcher 6

No one really outstanding but everyone battled really hard against a much improved Leeds side. 

Negative for me is they fannying about at back with Dawson rolling ball out to defenders all time, it's suicide football and we were lucky we didn't concede from these tactics. 

I don't blame Dawson as it's obviously tactics he's been instructed to do. 

Can’t get my head around some of these scores, The dross we have watch at times in the last 20 years (some as little as 6-12 months ago) and we are handing out scores of 5 and below for last night.  The first half as a contest was played at a fantastic pace and although leeds had the better chances we played some decent stuff. Second half needs some praise for effort and bravely.  

Finally with the keeper I get the feeling some want Dawson out so they can just say I told you so.  Not his greatest game but a massive over reaction 

8 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Needs dropping. 

Penney 6 - did okay 

Subs 

I can't remember either. 

Frustrating. 

Which one is you? :biggrin:

Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

8 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Needs dropping. 

Penney 6 - did okay 

Subs 

I can't remember either. 

Frustrating. 

Flipping heck, a bit harsh to say we drew with top of leauge

Really like Hector. He gave us so much flexibility being able to keep adapting formation by being able to change to a 4 at back and him screening, as well as him pushing in to midfield 4 pushing bazza further forward. Composed on the ball, strong, good in the air...what's not to like

Baker still not good enough yet. Much rather have Palmer there and that's saying something. Doesn't really offer anything going forward, positional sense all over show, and can be rash i.e. Needless free kick at kop with their player facing north stand

Felt Dawson was poor too. Still stand by distribution being worse than Westwood and Wildsmith. Struggled big time with crosses today which I thought was his strength in the past

3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I would agree with you on most your assesment but Lees turned his back on their goalscorer when he shot. He should be throwing himself in front of it. Other than that one instance he was very good .

I think if we scored the game from what we see at the match, then again if we can watch it back, there would be big differences. Didn’t see that.

But under constant pressure from an excellent Leeds side with 64% possession and full of speed and dynamism, I thought our defence, led by Lees, were immense.

Dawson 5

Baker 4

Lees 7

Hector 7

Thorniley 7

Penney 6

Pelupessy 4

Bannan 5

Reach 7

Forestieri 6

Fletcher 6

Palmer 5

Nuhiu 3

Joao 4

The 3 CB’s did very well for us, a busy night for them and they more than held their own. Another Screamer from Reach, it’s a Praise from me, well done Wednesday against a very good side.

10 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Dawson    -    4    We have a good young keeper on our hands but tonight he was poor, I have mentioned after a few games that he worries aerially as he has a tendency to stay when he should come out and vice versa and leeds had obviously done their homework...………...looked really nervy and unsure all night.

Baker    -    4     Another young un who will hopefully improve but I am still of the opinion that he aint ready for this standard just yet

Lees    -    7.5    Thought he defended well tonight

Thorniley    -    6    Not quite up to recent standards but did OK

Hector    -    6    Strange mixture of some good defending but really poor distribution

Penney    -    7    Took the wrong option on a few occasions but overall very impressive again

Bannan    -    6    Worked hard but a rare bad passing performance

Pelupessy    -    5    Did Ok ish first half but almost non existent second half,  backed off far too much (check out the goal)

Reach    -    7    Looks much better  higher up the pith IMHO , faded second half but a class goal and a celebration to match

Fletcher    -    6   Battled but never got the upper hand

Forestieri    -    7    Good to see him back, looked our most dangerous threat

Palmer    -    5    Got caught out of position far too much

Nuhiu + Joao    -    5    Limited service but didn't add anything

OVERALL

2nd best for long periods tonight and we were badly overrun in midfield......surprised JL didn't change TBH.

Just far too many hit and hope and careless passes, but taking everything into account I was glad of the point.

Just about spot on, would give Reach man of match. Absolutely stole a point tonight with that second half performance.

Lees, Hector, Thorniley and Reach - 7

Penney, Bannan - 6

Fletcher, Forestieri, Pelupessy - 5

Dawson, Baker - 4

Dont like giving 4’s out but those 2 were very poor on the night. Baker is not ready and Dawson was nervy all evening. Whether a game against Leeds on a Friday night on sky coupled with what happened to Kirkland years ago had something to do with it?

Dawson - 4, Looked nervy, made two errors that on a different day could have led to a goal, feel like he didn't command his area very well either, lack of experience was evident in games like last nights,

Baker - 5, Not surprised he went off, looked completely out his depth, one good contribution going forward after solid work from FF.

Penney - 7, Looks the real deal, a threat down the left hand side all game, tackled well and worked hard, full of energy.

Lees - 7, Solid, another good game for the captain, looks more comfortable with Hector at his side.

Thorniley - 6, Fine, worked hard.

Hector - 6, OK, really good in the tackle but not a ball player but the way Leeds played forced us to play out from the back (which none of our CB's can do).

Bannan - 5, Marked out the game, engine is always there but the few chances he had to create did not deliver.

Pelupessy - 6, Good game, got stuck in and did what we asked of him well.

Reach - 6, Apart from the wonder goal like the rest of our midfield struggled to get into the game but always works hard and wants to make things happen.

Forestieri - 6, Lively spark and the right choice to start him, lost count of how many times he got fouled, but the magic he brings on the ball opens so many doors for us. Doesn't play well with Fletcher, needs more mobility and quicker thinkers around him.

Fletcher - 5, Struggled a lot with the hit and hopes we sent up to him, but i don't think anyone else would have done much better.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

12 hours ago, Kenners3896 said:

Needs dropping. 

6 foot off his line for no reason? Do you know about goalkeeping? Played there or coached it? 

His positioning for the goal was 100% spot on. He’s stood there to cut out through balls, charge down 1v1’s and narrow the angle for shots, it’s what you’re taught from the age of about 10. Can’t save it and Lees in front needs to not turn his back.

I thought he was poor tonight, but to blame him for the goal was laughable.

8 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Why are people scoring so low when we got a draw against a very good side. Also seen a fantastic goal. Dawson made a few errors but nothing costly but is being scored way to low. Baker had a good game against good players yet because he not pele he not good enough according to some. 

Why so low?

Its pretty easy to understand.

The better you play as an individual the higher mark you get.

Its out of 10

10 being the highest if you have played brilliantly.

Dawson - 6 Didn't do too much wrong, but hardly inspired confidence from his defenders.

Baker - 6 Thought he did better then vs Villa. Worked hard, and did his job well enough.

Lees - 6 Just can't look past that half-harted attempt to block Klich shot. Turning his back... Just so poor :sad:

Hector - 7 Strong, composed, did well.

Thorniley - 6 Did very well at CB, but just lacked pace when we switched to 4 at the back, and him to LB.

Penney - 7 Did well again. When we pushed him up the pitch, he didn't get to see enough of the ball, and overdid couple of times when better option was available.

Reach - 7 That goal !!!

Pelupessy - 6 Tried his hardest, but yesterday lacked bit of quality on the ball.

Bannan - 5 Didn't do anything of note, and got stupid 5'th booking. When he is not in top form, we are struggling to create anything.

Forestieri - 6 Worked very hard, dropped deep to get on the ball and make things happen. Given lack of service he received, think that he did good enough.

Fletcher - 6 Ineffective. seen little of the ball, and when he did failed to do much for him. Nice lay down for Reach goal, though.

Dawson 5

Baker 6

Lees 7

Hector 7

Thorniley 6

Penney 6

Bannan 5

Quagmire 5

Reach 7

Fletch 5

FF 6

MOM Reach just nicks it for me for that goal, just ahead of Hector and Lees. Yet again the opposition run rampart straight through the middle of the pitch, Bannan was due an off game, Quagmire just doesn't protect the defence, running around doesn't protect the centre of defence, it needs to be disciplined, and he needs to when to make a challenge. We missed Matias's workrate (didn't think I'd ever type that), and to be honest, I still don't know what our best formation/system is - does Jos?

Any team watching knows exactly how to play against - a high press and they are guaranteed at least a point out of us.

By the way, Leeds were very good, but we were fortunate to come away with a point.

18 hours ago, torres said:

Why so low?

Its pretty easy to understand.

The better you play as an individual the higher mark you get.

Its out of 10

10 being the highest if you have played brilliantly.

Patronising. Sorry only you intelligent enough to understand the scale for awarding grades. What a numpty to post such a basic point and expect it to educate anyone. The simple point i made and others have also questioned is obviously way above you. So me thinks for you its very hard to understand. Out of ten your post is a 0. Its low because you assume everyone is as thick as you are. 

• Haha 1