• Fletcher
    • Reach
    • Penney
    • Nuhiu
    • Palmer
    • Joao

16 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Dawson 2 - shambolic performance

Should have at least got a hand to their goal and probably should have saved it. Was 6 foot off his line for no reason. His decision making was awful. His kicking was terrible and he can't catch. 

Needs dropping. 

Baker 4 - out of his depth. Torn apart by saiz time and time again. 

hector 6 - steady but lazy with the ball. 

Lees 6 - steady but isn't a captain 

Thorniley 5 - steady butjust passed it back to Dawson every chance he got. 

Penney 6 - did okay 

Pelupessy 4 - anonymous. Not sure what he does 

Bannan 4 - anonymous tonight. Never got Into the game. Compare his set pieces to Douglas..... Poor 

Reach 7 - gets a 7 for his goal other than that didn't do enough. Doesn't look as fit as last season. 

Fletcher 4 - won nothing against janson. Slow and lethargic. Past it 

Forestieri 6 - huffed and puffed but just fell over most of the game. Still struggling to find any real form.

Saiz ran the game whilst nando was a  passenger for most of it. 

Subs 

Palmer 6 - better than baker but still no where near good enough. Rb a real issue for us 

Nuhiu- 2 - back to being dreadful

Slow poor touch and poor decision making. Needs moving on.

Joao - 2 - lazy and didn't get into the game. You never know which joao your gonna get. 

Jos 3 - one of th3 most one sided games I've ever seen. We were dominated from the first minute to the last minute. Tactically got it all wrong. 

Subs were ineffective and had zero impact on the game. 

There's no game plan with this team. We just turn up and sort of wing it. 

Leeds had a very particular style of play and cut us open time and time again. 

On another night this could have been a cricket score. 

I try to get behind jos but it's very difficult. 

When was the last time we played well for 60 70 minutes of a game? 

I can't remember either. 

Frustrating. 

Crikey,thats erm..................................................................harsh,or a wind up.

31 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

That's the most frustrating thing for me, we go to Villa & totally outplay them, then allow Leeds to come here & do it to us.

Consistently inconsistent as someone said on a thread previously.

Perhaps one of those teams is mid table mediocrity and another is top of the league.....I don't know for certain, just a wild guess

Dawson 7 some decent saves.Bit Flappy. Cant criticise his short pass outs - clearly instructed to do so.

Lees 9 MoM. Wonderful tonight. Save after save. Immense. Leeds pal picked him out as our saviour.

Hector 8 very impressive. Like his coolness on the ball. Eats up the ground. 

Thorniley 7 thought he got caught out a few times first half. But part of a brave and resilient defence.

Penney 7 plenty of promise and some super moments, but also guilty of over-playing once or twice. Really exciting prospect.

Baker 7 did well on a very tough night. 

Bannan 7 a quieter night, but worked his nuts off. His creative side was off tonight. Huge miss v WBA.

Reach 8.5 What a goal !!! Played well all night. His shot on 92 was travelling too. Lovely runs first half and nice right footed cross. 

Pelupessy 8 tennacious and energetic. Nicked many a ball.

Forestieri 7 excellent first half, disappeared second. Real handful, but no chances. Will be better for the run-out. Maybe shine Wednesday and we need his creativity without Bannan.

Fletcher 8 worked like a lion with little support. Great flick ons, especially for Adam’s goal. Tremendous work in our own box. Saving headers and blocks 

We were a distant second best. But Jos has turned us into a very resilient side. Terrific point.

Dawson 3 - Bag of nerves, poor handling, indecisive, poor distribution.

Baker 4 - Not quite ready for the step up for me.

Lees 6 - Reasonably solid defensively, usual poor distribution.

Hector 8 - Best of the back line & MOTM for me.

Thorniley 7 - Didn't do much wrong.

Penney 6 - Great 1st half, concentration disappeared as the match went on.

Reach 6 - A wonder goal but pretty anonymous after.

Pelupessy 6 - Tigerish in the 1st half, overrun in the 2nd.

Bannan 6 - Good 1st half, not on it in the 2nd. Put free kicks into the opposition box FFS.

Forestieri 7 - Worked his socks off & frightened them to death in the 1st, tired in the 2nd.

Fletcher 6 - Worked hard, some good link play.

Palmer 6 - Did ok.

Joao 5 - Had his can't stand up, can't pass, can't shoot hat on tonight.

Nuhiu 5 - Similar to Joao 

Jos - 1st half 8, 2nd half 4. Sitting back on a 1-0 lead allowing the opposition to taken the initiative was totally the wrong decision.

Another ref who wanted the viewers to remember him not the players or the game ..

We scrapped and fought against Leeds AND the officials. 

Forestieri would have been better brought on for impact at A later stage In my opinion (that's not saying anyone agrees with this I just don't rate FF as a 90 mins player)

Two great goals that neither goal  keeper could save..

1-1 move on to West Brom 

UTO ......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Another ref who wanted the viewers to remember him not the players or the game ..

We scrapped and fought against Leeds AND the officials. 

Forestieri would have been better brought on for impact at A later stage In my opinion (that's not saying anyone agrees with this I just don't rate FF as a 90 mins player)

Two great goals that neither goal  keeper could save..

1-1 move on to West Brom 

UTO ......

If he'd got the penalty (looked like one to me from where i was sat) in the first 5 minutes,there would have been no better impact.

17 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dawson 7 some decent saves.Bit Flappy. Cant criticise his short pass outs - clearly instructed to do so.

Lees 9 MoM. Wonderful tonight. Save after save. Immense. Leeds pal picked him out as our saviour.

Hector 8 very impressive. Like his coolness on the ball. Eats up the ground. 

Thorniley 7 thought he got caught out a few times first half. But part of a brave and resilient defence.

Penney 7 plenty of promise and some super moments, but also guilty of over-playing once or twice. Really exciting prospect.

Baker 7 did well on a very tough night. 

Bannan 7 a quieter night, but worked his nuts off. His creative side was off tonight. Huge miss v WBA.

Reach 8.5 What a goal !!! Played well all night. His shot on 92 was travelling too. Lovely runs first half and nice right footed cross. 

Pelupessy 8 tennacious and energetic. Nicked many a ball.

Forestieri 7 excellent first half, disappeared second. Real handful, but no chances. Will be better for the run-out. Maybe shine Wednesday and we need his creativity without Bannan.

Fletcher 8 worked like a lion with little support. Great flick ons, especially for Adam’s goal. Tremendous work in our own box. Saving headers and blocks 

We were a distant second best. But Jos has turned us into a very resilient side. Terrific point.

How can players get that high when we didn't touch the ball for most of the game??

5 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

How can players get that high when we didn't touch the ball for most of the game??

They average 7.5.

I thought this young and emerging side held out brilliantly against a far better side. Could even have nicked it with Reach’s final rocket.

I always post my marks before I read others, so my opinions don’t get coloured by others. I also compare my marks with those of my teenage son (two teenage sons tonight) in the car on the way home.

Their view mirrors mine. Outplayed by a better team, but a really good backs to the wall show.

6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Well thats my point shat all over then innit  :rolleyes:

No its not mate not at all its my take on the incident sat in front of a 50" TV with replays slow motion etc etc I was a hundred mile away from Hillsborough not on the Kop...

But the ref was  Clattenbergish.. 

Sky even put up the stat that up to tonight he has given the most fouls in collective games than any other ref this season !!

My opinion on Foresteri still remains, he's a massive gift to our club but he has that fatal Latin flaw, he cheats his way round a football match that's the way he is .

Again in my opinion he's not a 90min player and that why he's at Wednesday and not in the Premier league playing every week ..the same way Rhodes is in the championship and Westwood can't find a club they simply aren't up to premier standard 

Again MY opinion and  not everyone's on here, if we all had the same Neil would be bankrupt !!!

At least I have the guts to give my opinion and not sit hitting negs all night 

And not replying.

@Ian that doesn't include you ....

Dawson 6 despite some dodgy moments and poor distribution some good saves that earned a point 

baker 5 not quite ready but doesn’t lack effort, still think he’ll make a decent player 

penney 6 decent against tough opponents seemed to move into midfield and almost scored 

thorniley 6 stuck to his defensive duties well natural defender for me 

lees 6 defended well awful distribution 

hector 7 best of our defensive unit did well 

bannan 6 didn’t get on ball enough but great effort 

pellupessy 5 forgot he was playing at times 

reach 7 fantastic goal close to getting another but not involved enough 

fletcher 6 isolated thus no impact 

forestieri 7 the only player who seemed to worry them harshly treated by ref

nuhui 5 played to deep should have been on last man 

jaoa 5 not involved 

overall poor couldn’t keep hold of the ball seemed scared to play but battled well 

Player ratings

Sheffield Wednesday: Dawson (6), Thorniley (6), Hector (7), Lees (7), Baker (6), Bannan (6), Pelupessy (6), Penney (6), Forestieri (6), Reach (7), Fletcher (6)

Subs: Palmer (5), Nuhiu (n/a), Joao (n/a)

Leeds: Peacock-Farrell (6), Ayling (6), Jansson (6), Cooper (6), Douglas (5), Klich (8), Phillips (6), Harrison (5), Saiz (7), Alioski (7), Roberts (6)

Subs: Forshaw (n/a)

Man of the match: Mateusz Klich

sky sports marks. Think these are about right. I saw 11 players doing there best and earning a good point against the best in form team of division. We 4 points off top of table after 10 games. Keep it up Jos and co. Under 18 captain rice in squad too, brilliant management. All those people who cant understand why we could not play like we did against villa aint it obvious leeds are a much better team.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

They average 7.5.

I thought this young and emerging side held out brilliantly against a far better side. Could even have nicked it with Reach’s final rocket.

I always post my marks before I read others, so my opinions don’t get coloured by others. I also compare my marks with those of my teenage son (two teenage sons tonight) in the car on the way home.

Their view mirrors mine. Outplayed by a better team, but a really good backs to the wall show.

Why are people scoring so low when we got a draw against a very good side. Also seen a fantastic goal. Dawson made a few errors but nothing costly but is being scored way to low. Baker had a good game against good players yet because he not pele he not good enough according to some.