Steve Bruce

59 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If my memory is correct after we beat them 1-0 on the opening day of the season a few years ago this absolute tool posted this rant about Tom Lees and made himself look a bloody idiot.

To coin a phrase, I'm sure.some on here will have it.

Oh yeah, it was a video wasn’t it. 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Shouldve worked that one out myself really. The villa fans obviously don’t have a sense of humour at the moment though 

Bruce should really have worked out that compounding his pre-match error in identifying FF as the threat would probably not get any better by bringing back into attention with a bit of a joke would not go down well with the Villa fans.

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

Gotta be a bit of dry, gallows humour, from Bruce.

Probably slipped up mentioning FF in pre-match press conference and then is taking the p*ss out of himself in the post match one.

Quite amusing really.

It is for us, not sure if we would see it like that if it was our manager making the gaff and then following it up with a quip after a defeat. Bruce is not exactly flavour of the month with their fans as it is.

Can't believe he didn't realise FF was suspended - well, i can but it is beyond ridiculous

Not only is it HIS job to come up with game plans for each opposition - but he has a raft of analysts and assistants/coaches at his disposal to call on to get this information. In fact he should be meeting with his analyst and going through this very stuff - who is suspended, who was subbed off last game injured (if applicable), who is likely back from injury, stats from last game, stats average over the last 5 games etc

This smacks to me of a tired manager who isn't putting the legwork in - coupled with a talented yet hugely underperforming squad churning out unacceptable results/performances then it's looking ominous

14 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Shouldve worked that one out myself really. The villa fans obviously don’t have a sense of humour at the moment though 

We all get sense of humour failure after a bad defeat. Especially at home.

He was surely making a joking reference to his pre match gaffe. (I hope).

• Like 1