Westwood

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Use what ever excuse you want but the way he is being treated currently is a disgrace and the cop out by the manager and club that a kid who prior to the start of the season had played 3 first team games being classed as a better option is a complete joke. Just be honest with us,

Why is it a disgrace ? 

What have they done to him ?

Are they bullying him ?

Have they stopped his pocket money? 

Be honest with who ?

You? 

You are a fan of a football club ?

Do you have shares in the club ?

What right do you possess to demand the club tells you what is going on with an employee ?

Its got nothing to do with you ..

If it has you may be told 

In the mean time stop making things up.

Wash your hand's it's tea time ......

giphy-2.gif

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Why is it a disgrace ? 

What have they done to him ?

Are they bullying him ?

Have they stopped his pocket money? 

Be honest with who ?

You? 

You are a fan of a football club ?

Do you have shares in the club ?

What right do you possess to demand the club tells you what is going on with an employee ?

Its got nothing to do with you ..

In the mean time stop making things up.

Wash your hand's it's tea time ......

giphy-2.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Perhaps Jos knew that Westwood played 18 games last season and only had three clean sheets. Perhaps he's seen better performances in training from Dawson and Wildsmith. Perhaps the manager knows the players better than you do.

And going on your last point, if you want Westwood back in the squad so desperately then surely Wildsmith leaving would be a good thing?

I'd snap your arm off for that currently!

31 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Perhaps Jos knew that Westwood played 18 games last season and only had three clean sheets. Perhaps he's seen better performances in training from Dawson and Wildsmith. Perhaps the manager knows the players better than you do.

And going on your last point, if you want Westwood back in the squad so desperately then surely Wildsmith leaving would be a good thing?

But 3 clean sheets in 18 game or 1 in 6 is still better stats than Dawson currently.

Perhaps the manager has been told he cannot play him which is nearer the mark but honestly if he is too expensive so be it but then dont not sell him or loan him out he is on a reported good wage even with us paying 50% of his salary that is less money we need to find to prevent another transfer embargo in January and June next season.

One of Wildsmith or Dawson should have gone out on loan young keepers learn more playing than they do training. Look at the two young keepers in Gunn and Ward both went out on loan and proved themselves at Championship teams both got sold to other premiership teams for silly money. Not that i want to sell a young player but playing week in week out improves them and increases their value Wildsmith is currently not being helped being sat on the bench each week.

29 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Why is it a disgrace ? - because a quality pro is not being allowed to play at any level first or under 23, even playing with the development squad he would help to improve them.

What have they done to him ? - stopped him from playing

Are they bullying him ? - Your choice does not allowing a person to do the job they are paid for class as bullying I don't think so!

Have they stopped his pocket money?  - No but he is not getting any appearance bonuses and most goal keepers get this and clean sheet bonuses - something we don't seem to have to worry about with Dawson currently

Be honest with who ? - The fans you know those people who keep paying for all of the mistakes made by DC every season

You? - Yes i am a fan and yes I contribute money to the club

You are a fan of a football club ? Yes since birth but I am also not a happy clapper

Do you have shares in the club ? - Yes I did but I gave them up so Milan could have the club

What right do you possess to demand the club tells you what is going on with an employee ? - What right do we have its called being a fan I am sure if we stopped supporting the team and giving them our hard earned cash they would be very quick to remind us.

Its got nothing to do with you .. - so you can say that about everyone.

In the mean time stop making things up. - in the mean time stop shouting everyone down when they don't agree with your point of view

Wash your hand's it's tea time ...... Got to walk the dog first .......... then i wash my hands

giphy-2.gif

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But 3 clean sheets in 18 game or 1 in 6 is still better stats than Dawson currently.

Perhaps the manager has been told he cannot play him which is nearer the mark but honestly if he is too expensive so be it but then dont not sell him or loan him out he is on a reported good wage even with us paying 50% of his salary that is less money we need to find to prevent another transfer embargo in January and June next season.

One of Wildsmith or Dawson should have gone out on loan young keepers learn more playing than they do training. Look at the two young keepers in Gunn and Ward both went out on loan and proved themselves at Championship teams both got sold to other premiership teams for silly money. Not that i want to sell a young player but playing week in week out improves them and increases their value Wildsmith is currently not being helped being sat on the bench each week.

True, but the results are better at the moment. Whatever the reason for that may be, it doesn't make sense to change the formula - at least not at the moment. If Dawson starts playing particularly poorly and costing us matches then fair enough, but from what I've seen he doesn't deserve to be dropped. The other thing is that although Westwood was great up until the end of the 2016/17 season, the vast majority of aging players tend to drop in form and capability once they're past their peak. For all we know Jos has seen in training that Westwood has lost his sharpness/agility since his injury.

Do you actually know for a fact that it's "nearer the mark" that Jos has been told that he's not allowed to pick Westwood? And if that is the case, then how could we send either Wildsmith or Dawson out on loan without backup?

48 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why is it a disgrace ? - because a quality pro is not being allowed to play at any level first or under 23, even playing with the development squad he would help to improve them.

What have they done to him ? - stopped him from playing

Are they bullying him ? - Your choice does not allowing a person to do the job they are paid for class as bullying I don't think so!

Have they stopped his pocket money?  - No but he is not getting any appearance bonuses and most goal keepers get this and clean sheet bonuses - something we don't seem to have to worry about with Dawson currently

Be honest with who ? - The fans you know those people who keep paying for all of the mistakes made by DC every season

You? - Yes i am a fan and yes I contribute money to the club

You are a fan of a football club ? Yes since birth but I am also not a happy clapper

Do you have shares in the club ? - Yes I did but I gave them up so Milan could have the club

What right do you possess to demand the club tells you what is going on with an employee ? - What right do we have its called being a fan I am sure if we stopped supporting the team and giving them our hard earned cash they would be very quick to remind us.

Its got nothing to do with you .. - so you can say that about everyone.

In the mean time stop making things up. - in the mean time stop shouting everyone down when they don't agree with your point of view

Wash your hand's it's tea time ...... Got to walk the dog first .......... then i wash my hands

When you quote someone you quote what they have put not what you have put and their name above it ...

Thats not accurate 

You're not accurate,  you make things up about things that are no business of yours ..

If you are so concerned go and ask Chansiri what's going off 

Ask Westwood what's going off ? 

Stamp your feet enough and you may get an answer you like.

I doubt it ........

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

People are very quick to forget the value of players - remember those crap players we had who could get a game under Carlos they were not worth the cash we paid them then when a new manager came in the goals of Nuihu and Joao kept us up and that loan defender Venancio was the rock at the back who also help the like of Thorniley to develop.

Westwood for all but last season when the whole first team were injured has been one of our most consistent performers, he helped the club to back to back defensive records, he was in the team of the year his first few season with us and regularly has been linked with moves away but instead agreed to a new deal to stay and help us get promoted.

Use what ever excuse you want but the way he is being treated currently is a disgrace and the cop out by the manager and club that a kid who prior to the start of the season had played 3 first team games being classed as a better option is a complete joke. Just be honest with us,

I also feel for Wildsmith show the second half of last season what a good keeper he is, if he continues to get no first team chance he will be gone as soon as the transfer window is open. 

wildsmith as 4 years left on his contract so I don't see him leaving in January unless we get an offer we cant refuse ……..whats it matter how many games dawson as played  , penney hadn't any before this season do think it's a disgrace that he's replaced the experienced fox .palmer been at  the club since the age of 12 and shunted aside for baker who had only played 1 game before this season . …..how on earth can the club play young players if you think that arnt worth a spot because they havnt played enough games .  

I’m happy with Dawson as no.1 

Think he’s done well. The clean sheets haven’t come because of other reasons, not cos of Dawson. 

He will drop the odd clanger here and there though, all keepers do, the best keepers in the world do. Let’s just not jump on his back when he does, Westwood has many times before. 

Edited by robowl4life

5 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Someone said earlier that if Westwood wasn’t in the equation then Dawson would be being praised as Penny and Thorniley are and they are right.

What also needs to be remembered is that Dawson hasn’t had a settled defence play in front of him. This defence is also missing the consistency Westwood was fortunate to have which included Loovens an Hunt.

Taking into account our general performances and the above, no wonder Dawson hasn’t had any clean sheets yet still IMO he can’t solely be blamed for a single goal conceded.

Agree with the thrust of this, but I would never describe Hunt as consistent 

Hunt was very consistent at going down injured after 64 minutes, sitting in the turf holding his hamstring, banging the turf in mild frustration and walking off with a forelorn look, swigging from a water bottle.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

No if re. Westwood.  No if either re. you talkingbollocks on this particular subject.

From time to time some players fall out with their club and are sidelined.  It happens and never without reason.

Agree, and the reason's Chansiri's ego - just like Hirsty matter too and other issues .

This isn't a court of law - don't need evidence of morale issues, just human nature so can infer.

However, Westy's tweet of FIFA goalie rankings must have gone down well with our 2 young keepers.

Like last year, when we were told all injured for Hutch to pop up and tweet that was rubbish.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Hunt was very consistent at going down injured after 64 minutes, sitting in the turf holding his hamstring, banging the turf in mild frustration and walking off with a forelorn look, swigging from a water bottle.  

We can look at Hunts appearances for Bristol at the end of season to see how many games he completes.

It may point towards the pitch at Hillsbrough for the amount of injuries we get.

18 hours ago, room0035 said:

People are very quick to forget the value of players - remember those crap players we had who could get a game under Carlos they were not worth the cash we paid them then when a new manager came in the goals of Nuihu and Joao kept us up and that loan defender Venancio was the rock at the back who also help the like of Thorniley to develop.

Westwood for all but last season when the whole first team were injured has been one of our most consistent performers, he helped the club to back to back defensive records, he was in the team of the year his first few season with us and regularly has been linked with moves away but instead agreed to a new deal to stay and help us get promoted.

I also feel for Wildsmith show the second half of last season what a good keeper he is, if he continues to get no first team chance he will be gone as soon as the transfer window is open. 

Agree Wildsmith needs to be playing somewhere.

14 hours ago, torryowl said:

wildsmith as 4 years left on his contract so I don't see him leaving in January unless we get an offer we cant refuse ……..whats it matter how many games dawson as played  , penney hadn't any before this season do think it's a disgrace that he's replaced the experienced fox .palmer been at  the club since the age of 12 and shunted aside for baker who had only played 1 game before this season . …..how on earth can the club play young players if you think that arnt worth a spot because they havnt played enough games .  

Youth deserves a chance at the right time, Penney has proved he is better than Fox, You or me could probably prove we are better than Fox but Dawson is learning as is Wildsmith. Wildsmith got a taste last season and performed well and has been rewarded with being dropped to the bench and not played. He is a kid and he will want first team football which will mean we either loan him out or he leaves.

What ever has happened with Westwood he is not playing any form of football be it first team or development games. If you have no intention of playing him so be it but then you look at the club in a transfer embargo because of financial losses then a 3rd choice keeper on in excess of £1m a year not playing, not in the team why why why has this been allowed to happen.

This guy in over 150 appearances has a record close to 1 clean sheet in every 3 or 4 games, he help us stay in the division in the first two years, was a pivotal reason why we got to two play off and now he is on the scrap heap never to play again.

Its like Real Madrid dumping Gareth Bale because they have a kid coming through who needs first team football you simply would not do it. Yes give youth a chance but we are also in a results game and if we finish a few points outside of the play off are we going to say never mind Dawson has been good for the experience or do we say if Westwood was playing we would have been in the play offs. Its your choice mine is currently the best option we have in goal is Westwood.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Youth deserves a chance at the right time, Penney has proved he is better than Fox, You or me could probably prove we are better than Fox but Dawson is learning as is Wildsmith. Wildsmith got a taste last season and performed well and has been rewarded with being dropped to the bench and not played. He is a kid and he will want first team football which will mean we either loan him out or he leaves.

What ever has happened with Westwood he is not playing any form of football be it first team or development games. If you have no intention of playing him so be it but then you look at the club in a transfer embargo because of financial losses then a 3rd choice keeper on in excess of £1m a year not playing, not in the team why why why has this been allowed to happen.

This guy in over 150 appearances has a record close to 1 clean sheet in every 3 or 4 games, he help us stay in the division in the first two years, was a pivotal reason why we got to two play off and now he is on the scrap heap never to play again.

Its like Real Madrid dumping Gareth Bale because they have a kid coming through who needs first team football you simply would not do it. Yes give youth a chance but we are also in a results game and if we finish a few points outside of the play off are we going to say never mind Dawson has been good for the experience or do we say if Westwood was playing we would have been in the play offs. Its your choice mine is currently the best option we have in goal is Westwood.

I'd agree the best option we had in goal was Westwood. I'm not so sure now.

If you're quoting other teams look at the problems with Man U and Pogba. That's causing problems in the dressing room to spill out onto the pitch and costing them loads of problems.

At the minute we don't seem to have any problems dressing room wise. I'm not saying this is why Westwood isn't picked because I don't know, but rumours going round suggest it could well be.