Westwood

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

If Westwood has been acting the twàt then it’s probably gone down pretty well. Are you saying we have morale problems?

That's a pretty big IF. Last season , was just injured. Which is it?

Yes, unless our senior players are robots there may well be morale problems.

This guys given his all for years and suddenly Chansiri sends to Siberia - again.   

7 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

This guys given his all for years and suddenly Chansiri sends to Siberia - again.   

No if re. Westwood.  No if either re. you talkingbollocks on this particular subject.

From time to time some players fall out with their club and are sidelined.  It happens and never without reason.

I am all for youth and it is good to see the likes of Thorniley and Penney coming through in areas we are weak, but any other club in the league would have Westwood first choice and either Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan playing regularly 

How will people feel it come the end of the season we miss out on the play offs by a few points, Westwood guaranteed us another 5-10 points a season with the clean sheets and the organising of the back 4, Dawson does not have this yet and Lees is not a captain for me as he is too quiet. 

But if we are not playing Westwood why is he still at the club on £20,000 a week its yet another mistake that has been allowed to happen by those in charge. DC does not seem to have any idea how to run a football club as a business and instead lets the fans pay for the consistent errors. 

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I am all for youth and it is good to see the likes of Thorniley and Penney coming through in areas we are weak, but any other club in the league would have Westwood first choice and either Dawson or Wildsmith out on loan playing regularly 

How will people feel it come the end of the season we miss out on the play offs by a few points, Westwood guaranteed us another 5-10 points a season with the clean sheets and the organising of the back 4, Dawson does not have this yet and Lees is not a captain for me as he is too quiet. 

But if we are not playing Westwood why is he still at the club on £20,000 a week its yet another mistake that has been allowed to happen by those in charge. DC does not seem to have any idea how to run a football club as a business and instead lets the fans pay for the consistent errors. 

He's not on 20k a week and the rest of your argument is based on pure fantasy.

The prices are too high, other mistakes have been made too but your argument to connect the issues directly based on pure guesswork doesn't wash.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

The prices are too high, other mistakes have been made too but your argument to connect the issues directly based on pure guesswork doesn't wash.

Agreed mate 

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Keiren Westwood is on at least £20,000,

We are paying high price for everything but the club are doing jack to get rid of players not needed, Westwood is rated one of the best keepers outside of the Premier league do you honestly think no team wanted him. Crap we were probably demanding a silly transfer fee that scared everyone off. Like the £3m loan + wages we asked for with the Rhodes deal, only when Norwich let the press know and the club realised they had no other options did they lower their asking price.

We have Westwood and Jones on around £20,000 a week each that over £2m a season sat in the stands. This is definitely not a well run club. 

We then get a good young left back who in a few season if we sold him make us a packet and guess what he is in the last 6 months of his contract did we learn anything from GH and SC last season - I am thinking the answer to this is no.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We are paying high price for everything but the club are doing jack to get rid of players not needed, Westwood is rated one of the best keepers outside of the Premier league do you honestly think no team wanted him. Crap we were probably demanding a silly transfer fee that scared everyone off. Like the £3m loan + wages we asked for with the Rhodes deal, only when Norwich let the press know and the club realised they had no other options did they lower their asking price.

We have Westwood and Jones on around £20,000 a week each that over £2m a season sat in the stands. This is definitely not a well run club. 

We then get a good young left back who in a few season if we sold him make us a packet and guess what he is in the last 6 months of his contract did we learn anything from GH and SC last season - I am thinking the answer to this is no.

I've highlighted the bits in bold that you're guessing with.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

i'd be interested to in how you know how  the Rhodes deal was brokered …………..I've  no idea how much any player earns but no doubt that westwood & jones would be well paid which is probably the reason they are happy to stay and see out the last big contracts of there careers . ….you'll say loan them out but A someone as got to want them & B they have got to want to go …...these are experienced players probably with famiies maybe they don't want to move 100-150 miles away and live in a hotel for the next 8 months . 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Absolutely no evidence of morale problems then. I didn’t think so either.

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i'd be interested to in how you know how  the Rhodes deal was brokered …………..I've  no idea how much any player earns but no doubt that westwood & jones would be well paid which is probably the reason they are happy to stay and see out the last big contracts of there careers . ….you'll say loan them out but A someone as got to want them & B they have got to want to go …...these are experienced players probably with famiies maybe they don't want to move 100-150 miles away and live in a hotel for the next 8 months . 

So the last 3 season Keiren Westwood has had 16 clean sheets, 17 clean sheets then spent a lot of last season injured.

I agree why would anyone want a keeper who is rated as one of the best keepers currently outside of the top division, will get you double figures in clean sheets when playing 35+ games a year.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So the last 3 season Keiren Westwood has had 16 clean sheets, 17 clean sheets then spent a lot of last season injured.

I agree why would anyone want a keeper who is rated as one of the best keepers currently outside of the top division, will get you double figures in clean sheets when playing 35+ games a year.

Previously helped to get double figures in clean sheets when playing 35+ games a year.

• Thanks 1

People are very quick to forget the value of players - remember those crap players we had who could get a game under Carlos they were not worth the cash we paid them then when a new manager came in the goals of Nuihu and Joao kept us up and that loan defender Venancio was the rock at the back who also help the like of Thorniley to develop.

Westwood for all but last season when the whole first team were injured has been one of our most consistent performers, he helped the club to back to back defensive records, he was in the team of the year his first few season with us and regularly has been linked with moves away but instead agreed to a new deal to stay and help us get promoted.

Use what ever excuse you want but the way he is being treated currently is a disgrace and the cop out by the manager and club that a kid who prior to the start of the season had played 3 first team games being classed as a better option is a complete joke. Just be honest with us,

I also feel for Wildsmith show the second half of last season what a good keeper he is, if he continues to get no first team chance he will be gone as soon as the transfer window is open. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

People are very quick to forget the value of players - remember those crap players we had who could get a game under Carlos they were not worth the cash we paid them then when a new manager came in the goals of Nuihu and Joao kept us up and that loan defender Venancio was the rock at the back who also help the like of Thorniley to develop.

Westwood for all but last season when the whole first team were injured has been one of our most consistent performers, he helped the club to back to back defensive records, he was in the team of the year his first few season with us and regularly has been linked with moves away but instead agreed to a new deal to stay and help us get promoted.

Use what ever excuse you want but the way he is being treated currently is a disgrace and the cop out by the manager and club that a kid who prior to the start of the season had played 3 first team games being classed as a better option is a complete joke. Just be honest with us,

I also feel for Wildsmith show the second half of last season what a good keeper he is, if he continues to get no first team chance he will be gone as soon as the transfer window is open. 

Can't agree with that bit because I don't honestly know if it is true.

There have been rumours that he has fallen out with either Jl or DC and that's why he's not number 1, on the other hand there's also rumours that he refused to train with the first team and refused to recuperate by playing with the U23's because he believed he was better than that.

It's easy to slag off one or the other but as I said at present it's all rumours.

^^^ You must have a boat load of inside info to saying the way he is being treated is a disgrace. You know his wage too. If you didn’t know all the other players wages too then I’d say you were Westwood’s Mrs. You must work fro the club or something.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Perhaps Jos knew that Westwood played 18 games last season and only had three clean sheets. Perhaps he's seen better performances in training from Dawson and Wildsmith. Perhaps the manager knows the players better than you do.

And going on your last point, if you want Westwood back in the squad so desperately then surely Wildsmith leaving would be a good thing?

You might be taken a bit more seriously if you didn't contradict yoirself so often and state speculation as fact to make a point.

Those crap players you talk of were last years wastes of money, sat on their backsides getting paid for nowt examples of the club wasting money.

Dawson has done nothing wrong to date to warrant your clamour for Westwood's return or claims re. clean sheets and goals conceded.  God help us if he actually does drop an obvious clanger at any point like those dropped by Westwood in his more recent appearances for the club and whilst playing with an obvious injury.

He was given a route back to the first team, the same route taken by everyone else under Jos but thought himself better.

You make some valid points generally with regard to the club's spending and prices but trying to twist this into fitting into that hole based on ours and Dawsom's decent start overall just doesn't make sense so you're having to fill in the gaps with fibs.