Westwood

On 22/09/2018 at 15:52, Philb125 said:

He’ll be another that leaves us and goes to a lesser team or as a back up player like he was prior to joining. 

The clammer for his return will seem odd just as it was for The attacking midfielder we had who I can’t even remember that was too good to be dropped yet has done nothing since his release. 

I'll have you know Lewis played 9 games for Northampton Town!

ok....point taken.

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Used to love the "Lewis is the answer" threads everytime we lost a few games.

Probably same posters that posting Westwood answer to our conceding problems. Plenty more of them to come this season would be my guess! 

On 22/09/2018 at 15:37, @owlstalk said:

Support Sheffield Wednesday not Kieran Westwood

We do. And with him, we may keep a clean sheet which on Friday would have put us in top 6.

Plus , it would give outfield players much more confidence - perhaps also to play in second half against Leeds.

Treating Westy - and others - this badly must damage morale and motivation, especially with senior players.  

And why doesn't Chansiri just follow City's example with unwanted Hart? 

Get some loan income in, while preserving asset value. Nuts.

I honestly can not name a single thing that Dawson has done wrong. He has been great, Jos has an eye for talent and is playing youngsters so that they see there is a pathway to the 1st team. Apart from Bannan our best players this year have been Penney, Thorniley and Dawson. Can't see the demand for Westwood. I love Westwood, but to me with Dawson and Wildsmith it was time for him to move on. Why it didn't happen i do not know, but i don't want to halt Dawsons development to play Westwood for 0 improvement. Dawson has not put a foot wrong. The big questions for me are (and we just will not know the answer to these). 1. Why was no one interested in Westwood in the summer? 2. What the hell was Carlos doing by not playing our academy talent?

4 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Do you know DC and the club haven’t tried this?

Im not one to stick up for DC for many reasons but I can’t believe we didn’t try and sell KW or loan him out. Maybe nobody wanted him and have heard / know he is a bad egg.

None of us know the ins and outs of the situation other than Dawson is and continues to be the first choice keeper. He is doing well given his limited experience and we collectively need to get behind him.

If it's owt like Hirsty's loan fee, no one would pay.

Of course, all fans need to back Dawson - it's owner I'm doubting.

How's this going down with players, morale - wise?

We can do top 6 if Chansiri would let Jos pick team.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I honestly can not name a single thing that Dawson has done wrong. He has been great, Jos has an eye for talent and is playing youngsters so that they see there is a pathway to the 1st team. Apart from Bannan our best players this year have been Penney, Thorniley and Dawson. Can't see the demand for Westwood. I love Westwood, but to me with Dawson and Wildsmith it was time for him to move on. Why it didn't happen i do not know, but i don't want to halt Dawsons development to play Westwood for 0 improvement. Dawson has not put a foot wrong. The big questions for me are (and we just will not know the answer to these). 1. Why was no one interested in Westwood in the summer? 2. What the hell was Carlos doing by not playing our academy talent?

This question definitely for me.

I can't honestly believe that we did not try to either sell or loan him out during the last transfer period. So why no takers?

While he did seem to struggle a bit on Friday, none of his errors lead to a goal. Their goal was just a bloody good shot. While I wouldn't go as far as saying it was unsavable, it's not the sort of effort you'd blame a keeper for conceding. So there's no complaints about letting one in on Friday from me. 

Clean sheet at Villa? That was unstoppable. 

Infact, I wouldn't put any of our dropped points this year down to goalkeeping errors. 

Their goal was top class.

Even Westwood at his absolute best probably doesn't save that. 

Most people with a brain cell would know that, but Fred McIvers solitary brain cell is usually preoccupied with fabricating stories. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, CraigSGM said:

While he did seem to struggle a bit on Friday, none of his errors lead to a goal. Their goal was just a bloody good shot. While I wouldn't go as far as saying it was unsavable, it's not the sort of effort you'd blame a keeper for conceding. So there's no complaints about letting one in on Friday from me. 

Clean sheet at Villa? That was unstoppable. 

Infact, I wouldn't put any of our dropped points this year down to goalkeeping errors. 

Have a look at lead up to Villa's goal. 

I coulda caught that poor clearance and clearly no verbal from Dawsy to help defenders. 

16 hours ago, fred mciver said:

We do. And with him, we may keep a clean sheet which on Friday would have put us in top 6.

Plus , it would give outfield players much more confidence - perhaps also to play in second half against Leeds.

Treating Westy - and others - this badly must damage morale and motivation, especially with senior players.  

And why doesn't Chansiri just follow City's example with unwanted Hart? 

Get some loan income in, while preserving asset value. Nuts.

he didn't keep many last season when he played …….

seen most games this season and never thought that the players have been lacking in confidence ..

i'd agree  leaving out westwood,jones,boyd,abdi would damage there morale just as it would dawson thorniley,penney,baker,preston if they got put on the back burner .

maybe he did and there wasn't any takers …….

you were around in the 70s and like the rest of us remember  when Charlton preferred bolder over the fans favourite turner and the stick bolder got was evil .big jack was proved right though , maybe jos will be as well .

This is the first time in years we have promoted young players into the team to play on a regular basis. This is the future and they are not letting us down. Others could make the grade as well with Preston and Kirby, Jos just needs to get a balance between youth and experience. Dawson has proved himself for me and is not injury prone, the only way to get experience is to play

Guest Willow Owl
2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Have a look at lead up to Villa's goal. 

I coulda caught that poor clearance and clearly no verbal from Dawsy to help defenders. 

Come on Fred thats ridiculous. Everyone has opinions but this is way over the top. Dawson is a top keeper in his own right and will only get better. Constantly comparing him to Westwood is only going to affect the lads confidence and being honest Westwood made a lot of errors last year and did not get a thread about him after every game. 

Judge him as Cameron Dawson and not Westwood FFS. 

Much has Ive been a fan in seasons gone by of Westy,the harsh reality is were up against it FFP wise and he along with a few others wont be here next season,if we can get rid of them before the end of the season its a bonus.

So we need to sort out replacements and where better than from within our own squad,players who will be on a fraction of the wages,last thing we need is another embargo next term or worse.

Guest Maxine
51 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Come on Fred thats ridiculous. Everyone has opinions but this is way over the top. Dawson is a top keeper in his own right and will only get better. Constantly comparing him to Westwood is only going to affect the lads confidence and being honest Westwood made a lot of errors last year and did not get a thread about him after every game. 

Judge him as Cameron Dawson and not Westwood FFS. 

He did judge him as Dawson.