Westwood

We have made a decent start and I am quite prepared to accept some of the unusual tactics and selections as Jos probably knows what he is doing. But what is still really bugging me is that our best goalkeeper is being wasted. We didn't sell him, he didn't go in the loan window so we have one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship being paid serious money and being wasted. I do not accept Jos' assertions that he is third choice based on ability and performance and with our back line still looking shaky, Westwood in goal would be an immediate improvement. Does anyone know what is really going on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s obvious why he isn’t in the reckoning

People need to look past the PR 

We won’t see Westwood again 

Forgive me for appearing to be thick but what is obvious? The general opinion is that he has had a major fall out with Jos and that is why he isn't even training with the first team. He has made it clear that he is fit and willing and able to play. I know that the club is focusing on using our younger and cheaper players more but while he is still with us, it doesn't make sense.It would be kind of decent if the club told us at least some of the truth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Andrew Robinson said:

Forgive me for appearing to be thick but what is obvious? The general opinion is that he has had a major fall out with Jos and that is why he isn't even training with the first team. He has made it clear that he is fit and willing and able to play. I know that the club is focusing on using our younger and cheaper players more but while he is still with us, it doesn't make sense.It would be kind of decent if the club told us at least some of the truth.

Don't think with the current chairman and manager and comms team that we are the sort of club to dish dirt

Maybe if Roy Keane was in charge

Either way - I'd honestly just forget about Westwood - he's no longer in the picture

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

We have made a decent start and I am quite prepared to accept some of the unusual tactics and selections as Jos probably knows what he is doing. But what is still really bugging me is that our best goalkeeper is being wasted. We didn't sell him, he didn't go in the loan window so we have one of the best goalkeepers in the Championship being paid serious money and being wasted. I do not accept Jos' assertions that he is third choice based on ability and performance and with our back line still looking shaky, Westwood in goal would be an immediate improvement. Does anyone know what is really going on?

manager prefers one player over another …..he seems to prefer matias to FF …...which I find stranger but he's the bloke charged with getting results and its hard to argue with those we've had recently . ……..IF  something as gone off between westwood and the club it's not really fair to either party to make it public 

My opinion is we have a had a few strong willed characters in the dressing room over the last few years.. some no doubt disruptive/highly opinionated perhaps (KW).

Jos has seen this, no doubt evaluated it all and for the greater good of the team is looking past these players regardless of stature at the club and past glories (FF)

which he has stated as such in interviews, some may have already gone and is now forging a new team together with limited resources and eager youngsters.

What i was told is that it all stems back to last Christmas when he refused to stop in the team hotel on Christmas Day for the Nottingham Forest match, especially with it being 45 mins down the road (probably wanted to be with family)....

He hasn't played since.

4 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It’s not based on ability and performance

How many more times will this have to be spelled out

Once would probably do. 

3 possible reasons

1) Jos thinks Dawson is a better keeper

2) Jos has fallen out with KW/ thinks he's disruptive

3) There's a contractual/ finance reason. 

You've already ruled out 1, so is it 2 or 3, and how do you know?

7 minutes ago, James1986 said:

What i was told is that it all stems back to last Christmas when he refused to stop in the team hotel on Christmas Day for the Nottingham Forest match, especially with it being 45 mins down the road (probably wanted to be with family)....

He hasn't played since.

Heard this too

25 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Personally couldn't give a monkey's about the background to the story. I'm just pleased we're giving a young talented keeper the opportunity to progress and develop.

Agree with this. Think the focus shouldn't be on Westwood.... he is the past. In Dawson we have a very bright young keeper who is performing well. Think the focus should be on him.

27 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

This is where it gets irritating though DC said the matchday prices are so high to fund the players on the pitch yet the players on the pitch are youth players (all be it they are doing well) but that doesn’t justify actions. It seems like no one really wants to tell truth at the club 

The funniest thing about it all is when people try and justify that Dawson is the better keeper. Or that it’s all about development of youth, which is just not true. No war has Westwood just all of a sudden become a useless keeper. 

It reeks of similar goings on to the GH situation. 

13 minutes ago, James1986 said:

He hasn't played since.

Well, don't leave it at that.

Who told you ?? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, James1986 said:

He hasn't played since.

i remember Lee Bullen , when asked about the injury situation saying before the Brentford match a couple of days later that Westwood "wasn`t available" with no mention of any injury.