Nottingham Forest 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday

2 minutes ago, jomaco said:

Yep that was awful still believe we can do something if we can just get the balance right, get a few players back from injury etc. - anyone's game this year

And I will add, everyone needs to fight!!!! And pay attention to where you are standing and moving to lol

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Jos's team selections starting to worry me a bit.

Not time to panic but very disappointing and concerning that after we were wide open on Saturday he chose to go with the attacking 4 with Reach too far forward again and also went with a box-to-box midfielder at the expense of a holding player in an away game.

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The league is open and I still think we can do something if we get the balance right. 4-2-3-1 doesn’t suit us. Rather we go 4-3-3 without a conventional number 10.

Agree.  Despite having the 10 I don't think we got close enough to our centre forward. 

If that's going to be the case I'd rather have the extra man in the middle.  

Dare I say I'd be tempted to have Joey behind Bannan and Onomah. 

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well tonight he's stayed very deep. But he's a strong lad and looks capable of driving forward. First time I've seen him but I'd say he needs to be a bit further forward 

Yep.

He tried to play the quarter-back role but lacks the eye for creativity that Bannan has.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that Bannan-Onomah-Reach should have been Reach-Bannan-Onomah. 

Bannan is our game controller. Reach is all left foot. Onomah is not a CDM.

Hey-ho. Early days. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You do know he's suspended so would be difficult to give him a chance.

Der yes obvs!! when he's back from suspension give him ago as before suspension he wasn't starting  init!!  But also Westwood not convinced by CD in certain situations.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not time to panic but very disappointing and concerning that after we were wide open on Saturday he chose to go with the attacking 4 with Reach too far forward again and also went with a box-to-box midfielder at the expense of a holding player in an away game.

3 issues for me.

Doesn't know his best 11.

Dropping players for non footballing reasons.

The worst fullbacks in the division (4 years now and still not addressed).

We aren't good enough to cope with that.

1 minute ago, Half time Bovril said:

Der yes obvs!! when he's back from suspension give him ago as before suspension he wasn't starting  init!!  But also Westwood not convinced by CD in certain situations.

So not time to give him a go yet then! lol

Too one sided for me.  Everything going down the left.  Joao ineffective and Reach ineffective.  Matias hardly given a touch.  Ash Baker not ready yet.  Everything still going through Bannan.  Still one tactic playing out from back.  No urgency, Dawson still rolling out in extra time. Disappointed :mellow:

Edited by Rev Owl

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Agree.  Despite having the 10 I don't think we got close enough to our centre forward. 

If that's going to be the case I'd rather have the extra man in the middle.  

Dare I say I'd be tempted to have Joey behind Bannan and Onomah. 

Even that I’m not a massive Joey fan, I totally agree