Nottingham Forest 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

3 issues for me.

Doesn't know his best 11.

Dropping players for non footballing reasons.

The worst fullbacks in the division (4 years now and still not addressed).

We aren't good enough to cope with that.

Penney has put a foot wrong yet but we are lucky he has come through. He probably needed a rest and with tonight potentially the easiest of our 3 games in the week it should have been the best game to do it but the other full-back options aren't great as you say.

It's not addressing the open shape with Reach playing an attacking role along with 3 other attackers and Joao out of position that bothers me.

Onomah looks to have talent but lack discipline. He shouldn’t be the CDM.

Reach needs his position sorting by out. Based on the last two performances I’d drop him.

Baker looks out of his depth to me. 

Fox did okay tonight but Penney has to come back in. 

Matias needs to get a LOT more involved or he’s out the team the second FF comes back. 

Nuhiu poor again. Fletcher looked much sharper. 

Dawson didn’t do much wrong but god I wish we had Westwood marshalling that defence. Lees isn’t a shouter and the rest are kids. 

Not all doom and gloom certainly but much to sort out. 

2 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Onomah looks to have talent but lack discipline. He shouldn’t be the CDM.

Reach needs his position sorting by out. Based on the last two performances I’d drop him.

Baker looks out of his depth to me. 

Fox did okay tonight but Penney has to come back in. 

Matias needs to get a LOT more involved or he’s out the team the second FF comes back. 

Nuhiu poor again. Fletcher looked much sharper. 

Dawson didn’t do much wrong but god I wish we had Westwood marshalling that defence. Lees isn’t a shouter and the rest are kids. 

Not all doom and gloom certainly but much to sort out. 

Agree with pretty much all of this and it’s a plus 1 from me.

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

3 issues for me.

Doesn't know his best 11.

Dropping players for non footballing reasons.

The worst fullbacks in the division (4 years now and still not addressed).

We aren't good enough to cope with that.

Are we sure it's Jos that's keeping Westwood out of the team though, as opposed to powers higher up the club?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Fox was probably 1 of our best 3 players tonight. Ye, he’s been very poor since he has come to the Club but you’ve got to give credit when he’s had a decent game. 

What?

I refuse to give him credit for managing 1 decent game followIng a dozen or more poor ones. 

I expect more than this. WE should expect more than this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Fox was probably 1 of our best 3 players tonight. Ye, he’s been very poor since he has come to the Club but you’ve got to give credit when he’s had a decent game. 

Sure you didn't fall asleep and was dreaming of how you would like Fox to play, he was his usual DREADFUL!

but he wasn't on his own!              :angry:

To answer to all of the above. I don’t rate Fox and he’s been a bad signing but tonight he played alright. One has to watch the game and give a balanced opinion on what you’ve seen not on previous games or the general consensus. For me Reach, Matias and Baker were the worst performers on the night and were all 5/10 and there were a few others that were borderline. 

18 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Says it all about just how bad we are if Fox is one of the better performers 

Just how far we have fallen 

Get that but come on.. we are a crap side.

Not only are we crap but we don’t even break sweat... 

How have Leeds suddenly turned into a team that sweat blood for 90 minutes and swarm all over the opposition? 

We just look lethargic, slow, uninterested 

flippingfed up of watching Shyte like tonight. God knows how those who went feel 

26 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Alarmed to the point of near laughter when grabban jogged inside Lees to take up a dangerous position with the ball.

Lees doesn't look right to me.

Spot on. Apart from the already stated individual horror shows tonight, Lees looked shot/lost - not sure which. Not the first time, this season or last. 

He is our Captain....

Now, unless that means you have to be the only one willing to be giving out gifts at local hospitals at Christmas, he shouldn't be. Watched him closely last season (appreciate curbed by injury - but with an eye on likelihood he would take over from Glen) and as much I have enjoyed his presence for the first 3 years, a leader on the pitch he ain't. Sometimes, people need to look to their leader for inspiration, direction or a kick up the ass, none of which are forthcoming from Tom.

I just couldn't help feel that is what we needed tonight, from the first minute to the last.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EssexOwl said:

Spot on. Apart from the already stated individual horror shows tonight, Lees looked shot/lost - not sure which. Not the first time, this season or last. 

He is our Captain....

Now, unless that means you have to be the only one willing to be giving out gifts at local hospitals at Christmas, he shouldn't be. Watched him closely last season (appreciate curbed by injury - but with an eye on likelihood he would take over from Glen) and as much I have enjoyed his presence for the first 3 years, a leader on the pitch he ain't. Sometimes, people need to look to their leader for inspiration, direction or a kick up the ass, none of which are forthcoming from Tom.

I just couldn't help feel that is what we needed tonight, from the first minute to the last.

Absolutely.

• Thanks 1