Worst Signing Ever

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Probably Atty Nuhiu.

Both for his goal & assist rate over the last 3 years; & managers picking him ahead of better players. Particularly Joao in 15/16.

His rare goal flurry last season, May save him from being the worst; but definitely a contender.

What??

Blokes a legend

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Patrick Blondeau!!   Without a doubt.

Reported fee of £1.8m in 1997 (?) A large amount at that time.

Played 6 games. -  and every one a disaster IIRC.

Don't know how much we moved him on for, or if he left on a free.

Thinking back even a 'free' would have been too much.lol

And got himself sent off prob on purpose 

In 1997 when Please was manager he decided he would spend £1.6m on Jim Magilton and give him £16k per week. I was 14 at the time and it's the angriest I've ever been about a player signing. Dreadful player on big money (meaning he pretty much had to be played) which made our team worse and we ended up scrapping against relegation.

I'll never forgive David Pleat.

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

The double swoop for Phil O'Donnell (RIP) and Simon Donnelly was a monumental mess.

Both decent players, but on huge wages and spent almost all their time on the treatment table. It was symptomatic of the slide the club was on at the time.

To be fair like most Scottish imports after the 80s they were out of their depth in the Premiership despite coming from celtic, when your playing against players of the quality of our 3 division 90% of the season it made them look good. 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

that's a tough question ……...lots of players have turned out to be disappointing signings but the one i'd go for would be de bilde a player with undoubted ability but gave the biggest impression of all  that he was only here to get as much as he could for the least amount of commitment ……...just going on lack of ability I don't think I ever saw a worse player than peter feely ……..

I have never hated a player more than De Bilde. 

39 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

In 1997 when Please was manager he decided he would spend £1.6m on Jim Magilton and give him £16k per week. I was 14 at the time and it's the angriest I've ever been about a player signing. Dreadful player on big money (meaning he pretty much had to be played) which made our team worse and we ended up scrapping against relegation.

There are many other things that David Pleat  should never be forgiven for.:wacko:

1 minute ago, oldtawnyowl said:

There are many other things that David Pleat  should never be forgiven for.:wacko:

I hate Pleat with a burning passion. From the eyes of a child, I watched him dismantle my childhood team, letting players like Waddle, Walker, Bart-Williams, Sheridan, Bright and Hirst (with a fair few others) go and replacing them with dross like Magilton, Sedloski, Sanetti, Oakes, Trustfull, McKeever, Collins, Billington, etc. 

He was the beginning of the end for us, I'd argue we still haven't recovered from his tenure.

51 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Yeah...........i remember him getting rid of Sheridan , and then a few weeks later saying we needed someone who could "manipulate the ball".............Jim Magilton was his answer...........to$$er.

• Thanks 1