Worst Signing Ever

10 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Probably Atty Nuhiu.

Both for his goal & assist rate over the last 3 years; & managers picking him ahead of better players. Particularly Joao in 15/16.

His rare goal flurry last season, May save him from being the worst; but definitely a contender.

That may be the most single stupid thing available to read on the entire internet at present. It is heroic. 

There have been so many ..but it’s Abdi and Rhodes for me.

..based on the money spent and the return, unfortunately they transcend pretty much everyone else.

Through no fault of their own, just should never have been signed. 

People mention Jeffers - yes he was poor but cost £700K...an amount almost unheard of these days.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Patrick Blondeau!!   Without a doubt.

Reported fee of £1.8m in 1997 (?) A large amount at that time.

Played 6 games. -  and every one a disaster IIRC.

Don't know how much we moved him on for, or if he left on a free.

Thinking back even a 'free' would have been too much.lol

I agree 100%.

Anyone suggesting Rhodes is laughable, he had the confidence kicked out of him by a clueless manager who  by his own admission changed his game from being one of the most successful strikers at this level to something that didn't suit him and made him look bang average.

It didn't work out for Rhodes but that was down to a poor manager and not ability.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

It didn't work out for him and don't bare him any malice, he's still our player and could come back. 

Form is temporary,class is permanent 

He wont come back sadly as we cant afford him, I think that's half the reason he didn't get much game time under Jos last season and the same as what is happening with Westwood.

Best we can hope for is promotion or that he has a fantastic loan, scores goals and someone comes in for him.

For constantly underachieving over many seasons, I'd have to go for Ian Nolan.

Although to understand how bad the Jeffers signing was, remember that we had no money and our chairman at the time had just made a big statement about not having injury prone players in the squad!

For financial reasons, the Rhodes deal was the worst. We didn’t need him and we paid £8m for him and £6.5m in wages over a 3.5 year contract. I don’t rate him and he wasn’t as good as any of the strikers we had at the time whilst acknowledging we had some injuries when we acquired him. Consequently, we are now struggling against FFP and this deal has a large part to play in it. I feel harsh saying it as he’s a nice guy and it always appeared he really wanted to come here and be successful, but it’s been a disaster. 

The others in order are Abdi, Jeffers, De Bilde. 

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

For financial reasons, the Rhodes deal was the worst. We didn’t need him and we paid £8m for him and £6.5m in wages over a 3.5 year contract. I don’t rate him and he wasn’t as good as any of the strikers we had at the time whilst acknowledging we had some injuries when we acquired him. Consequently, we are now struggling against FFP and this deal has a large part to play in it. I feel harsh saying it as he’s a nice guy and it always appeared he really wanted to come here and be successful, but it’s been a disaster. 

The others in order are Abdi, Jeffers, De Bilde. 

De Bilde and his dogs, Simon Donnelly and Phil O'Donnell. RIP. Wim Jonk, Andy Hinchliffe.

It's not as if we didn't give it a go staying in the Premier all those years ago.

And the most controversial, worst signing ever.....

The lunatic, Paolo Di Canio

Good player, but a mentalist. No sorry THE Mentalist

Taxi for Dave Richards?

article-2305295-01FC42030000044D-867_634x461.jpg