Almen Abdi is BACK

2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

That’s why send him on loan somewhere either gains his fitness and sharpness back or someone will maybe take an interest and buy him 

we cant send him on loan til January and his contract runs out at the end of the season so highly unlikely that anyone would be daft enough to pay a fee for him when they could get him for nowt . 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we cant send him on loan til January and his contract runs out at the end of the season so highly unlikely that anyone would be daft enough to pay a fee for him when they could get him for nowt . 

Fair dos but JOS said he isn’t playing him or giving him game time anyway find it unlikely we’d see him before January anyway as long as other lads continue to perform he’ll not get in squad so then send him on loan. The gist of my conversation is get him on loan to make him easier to shift cause by looks of things he’s no longer needed with us. 

Edited by Lomas613

3 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Why? Do you seriously want Abdi back in the side?  Hes garbage and when his contract is up he will be released, we wont get a fee for him, hes hardly kicked a ball in 2 years!

Maybe under a manager who has a clue how to get the best out of his players we might just see the Abdi we signed who at the time was head and shoulders above anything in our midfield.

11 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sounds to me like he has NO CHANCE of playing with Jos in charge.Won’t even put him in the reserves. Frozen out like Jones and Boyd by the looks of it.

Thereby hangs a tale!   We have a number of players returning to training, but not at full fitness.

We have an U23 Squad that is playing like a good side 

What do we do? Do we halt the progress of these young lads to accommodate the advancement of a possible first teamer, or do we keep them together, and try to achieve fitness for Abdi? 

At one time, it would have been easy! Put him in the Reserve team until he attained the proper level of fitness. Unfortunately, we do not have a reserve team. This is the folly! 

2 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Why? Do you seriously want Abdi back in the side?  Hes garbage and when his contract is up he will be released, we wont get a fee for him, hes hardly kicked a ball in 2 years!

We've never seen a fit Andi in a Wednesday shirt. If you're asking if I want to see the Abdi that played for Watford in our side then the answer is yes, yes I do. And you should too. 

He's not yet at the age to retire so he's got to work hard if he still wants a contract anywhere. That's the best possible situation for both us and Abdi - just look at Matias who seems to be fighting for an extension. We may still get a good game or two out of Abdi this season if there are no setbacks.

I don't think Jos would even mention Abdi being back unless he was prepared to give him a chance at some point, provided that Abdi proves himself on the training field.

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Maybe under a manager who has a clue how to get the best out of his players we might just see the Abdi we signed who at the time was head and shoulders above anything in our midfield.

Hes gonna have to work a lot harder and put a lot more effort in than he has done every time ive seen him in a blue and white shirt!