Almen Abdi is BACK

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos said he wont' drop any youngsters from the under 23's to accommodate Abdi's return as he doesn't want to stall their progress either

Good.

Like many others I was excited at the thought of Almen Abdi signing for Wednesday but since his arrival here, he has been nothing but a complete and utter waste of a contract.

The sooner we can get him off the wage bill the better.

32 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Missed the interview so forgive the below..

Presumably as Lee and Hooper both went straight in to the U23's and he's said this about Abdi, does this indicate his 'level' is currently much below theirs? 

Trying to understand the difference between Lee being accomodated for the U23s in CM but Abdi not being. 

Probably because Lee and Hooper have made massive contributions to SWFC over their time here and have earned the right to be given a chance. Abdi, despite being through no fault of his own, hasn't and would make a big difference if the decision was mine also.

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

It sounded as though Abdi is not looking like a footballer at the moment has train hard and get intensity back. Sounded as though he was not showing a lot of enthusiasm probably realised he is past it.

He was finished when he arrived and just think he was not aware his engine had run its course, it has probably now started to sink in.

that's a lot of assumptions to take from 1 sentence... I'm not saying that you are wrong, but to read that much into it takes some mind-set!!

Don’t expect him to feature. I see him

being on the sidelines playing cards with Boyd and Jones. Interesting comments from Jos saying that he won’t feature in under 23’s games! I read this as maybe he has a bad attitude and he won’t stunt the growth of young players. Other senior players that have been injured have been involved in under 23 games.

I really want to see Abdi back on the pitch and proving all the haters wrong.

For some reason I don't get the sense of a player that is taking the wee wee , that is happy to sit back and take his wages.

Just think, if he had been fit and playing he would have gone to the World Cup with Switzerland . I think that would have motivated him even if playing for us didn't.

I reckon he has had a terrible run with injuries , with one causing another just like Lee is experiencing now.

I reckon Jos isn't playing him in the U23's because he has nothing to prove. If he's fit, he's in the squad.

Almen Abdi - one of the players of Euro 2020 . You heard it here first .

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Quist said:

It sounded as though Abdi is not looking like a footballer at the moment has train hard and get intensity back. Sounded as though he was not showing a lot of enthusiasm probably realised he is past it.

He was finished when he arrived and just think he was not aware his engine had run its course, it has probably now started to sink in.

Anything else you want to assume?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I really want to see Abdi back on the pitch and proving all the haters wrong.

For some reason I don't get the sense of a player that is taking the wee wee , that is happy to sit back and take his wages.

Just think, if he had been fit and playing he would have gone to the World Cup with Switzerland . I think that would have motivated him even if playing for us didn't.

I reckon he has had a terrible run with injuries , with one causing another just like Lee is experiencing now.

I reckon Jos isn't playing him in the U23's because he has nothing to prove. If he's fit, he's in the squad.

Almen Abdi - one of the players of Euro 2020 . You heard it here first .

Hi Mrs Abdi

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Quist said:

Still think there is a attitude problem lurking with regrad to Abdi. For Jos to say that regarding the u23's but had no problem with Lee and Hooper with them, there's more to this than just his rehabilitation.