Almen Abdi is BACK

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos said he wont' drop any youngsters from the under 23's to accommodate Abdi's return as he doesn't want to stall their progress either

I think he right abdi needs to prove himself .ive given up on abdi could leave now for me

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos said he wont' drop any youngsters from the under 23's to accommodate Abdi's return as he doesn't want to stall their progress either

Missed the interview so forgive the below..

Presumably as Lee and Hooper both went straight in to the U23's and he's said this about Abdi, does this indicate his 'level' is currently much below theirs? 

Trying to understand the difference between Lee being accomodated for the U23s in CM but Abdi not being. 

Abdi has been the source of many jokes and much frustration on here, and rightly so given what little we've had from him in return for a huge outlay and he's been written off so many times.

But then again so was Matias - and now he's proven everyone wrong by getting fit and becoming a first team regular. I'd love Abdi to return in a similar way, although I obviously wouldn't bet on it.
  • Like 3

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet that's music to almens ears.

I will be surprised if we see him start any game for the first team this season.

A massively expensive mistake, bought to keep Fessi happy and all that has happened is he has cost us upwards of £6m.

For me come January get him out on loan anywhere and release him in the summer.

20 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Missed the interview so forgive the below..

Presumably as Lee and Hooper both went straight in to the U23's and he's said this about Abdi, does this indicate his 'level' is currently much below theirs? 

Trying to understand the difference between Lee being accomodated for the U23s in CM but Abdi not being. 

Lee is a quality player that we want back in the first team, Abdi isnt! As soon as his contracts up he will be gone

It sounded as though Abdi is not looking like a footballer at the moment has train hard and get intensity back. Sounded as though he was not showing a lot of enthusiasm probably realised he is past it.

He was finished when he arrived and just think he was not aware his engine had run its course, it has probably now started to sink in.