Neils Totally Forgotten 11

19 hours ago, torryowl said:

that's not how I remember him …..I had  him down as someone way past his best who was here for one last pay day .he hardly played in  his last season and no surprise the club released him .

He was terrible when he came to us , years past his best,

remember him against mansfield away mid seventies think we lost 3v1, was embarrassing how slow he was

On 05/09/2018 at 20:41, torryowl said:

a random 11 of the 60/70s forgotten or   not very good 

barry watling

tom horrobin

gary hull

jim craig 

john Collins  

Adrian wall

mick kent 

bobby hope 

andy proudlove 

eddie prudham 

stevie downes 

In the summer at a boot sale a bloke noticed my Wednesday stickers and said his best mate at school was someone called Adrian Wall, could I remember him playing for us? I couldn't but sure enough he did !  He was from Creswell.

Jim Craig was at the end of his career but he'd won a European Cup winners medal with Celtic!

Best thread this year, by gum we've seen some rubbish haven't we!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

In the summer at a boot sale a bloke noticed my Wednesday stickers and said his best mate at school was someone called Adrian Wall, could I remember him playing for us? I couldn't but sure enough he did !  He was from Creswell.

Jim Craig was at the end of his career but he'd won a European Cup winners medal with Celtic!

Best thread this year, by gum we've seen some rubbish haven't we!

we certainly have ...its sad fact that the list of crap players over the years far outweighs the very good .BUT  when you consider we arnt a car crash of a club then  what must it be like supporting the likes  Hartlepool, Rochdale,bury , sheff utd, Carlisle etc etc . 

On 05/09/2018 at 22:29, Earlsfieldowl said:

David Billington has to be in there - cost a million and never played for us.

..retired at 21 due to knee injuries. 

Never mind - someone got there first.

I remember him because someone had programmed every young Peterboro player to be a superstar in the then-current edition of Champ Manager.  So I was expecting him to be fantastic.

Spurs signed Matt Etheridge and Simon Davies from them at the same time I think, both of whom were actually great players.

4 hours ago, owlinexile said:

David Billington.  A winger we signed from Peterborough in the 90s who I think may have actually played for us once?

Came as part of a double signing with Mark McKeever. Neither did anything for us.