OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Could have better but I don’t think we did too bad on Antonio when you add the sell on fee that we apparently got. Forest got loads more for him because he was brilliant for them. He’d been pretty average for us in his last season, if I remember rightly.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Could have better but I don’t think we did too bad on Antonio when you add the sell on fee that we apparently got. Forest got loads more for him because he was brilliant for them. He’d been pretty average for us in his last season, if I remember rightly.

Did we make any profit from the Wiggins deal ?

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The typical m0ngo fans were getting on Antonio's back making him want to leave.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Bizarrely, ITFC are being linked with Jenkinson & Ibe 

Could mean they are available at least 

Ibe, seriously?! Get in there Brucey! 

58 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

At the time £3m for Brunt was not far off. Antonio we did bad business on.

Pretty sure we made a profit (only small) on Hunt though

Antonio didn't end up being bad business tho. We ended up getting nearly 5 million for him with the sell on clause and lets be honest when he was with us he never looked like he'd be a premier league player !

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Antonio didn't end up being bad business tho. We ended up getting nearly 5 million for him with the sell on clause and lets be honest when he was with us he never looked like he'd be a premier league player !

Genuine question: How did we get £5m for him?

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Roughly we signed him for nearly £1M. Sold him for about £1.7M and then got 10 or 20% from West Hams £7M transfer. We made a couple of million from a player worth 10× that now. Nuch worse players are moving for triple those figures and more nowadays. Guess the markets only exploded like thst in the last few years. 

On 25/01/2019 at 12:44, TheEnchanter said:

Roughly we signed him for nearly £1M. Sold him for about £1.7M and then got 10 or 20% from West Hams £7M transfer. We made a couple of million from a player worth 10× that now. Nuch worse players are moving for triple those figures and more nowadays. Guess the markets only exploded like thst in the last few years. 

It has. But players like odubajo moved from the league below for more than Antonio. Milan was desperate for cash.