OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

19 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Las Palmas want to terminate the loan of Hadi Sacko currently on loan from Leeds. A very pacey winger. 

I'd have him here, he's a very useful player, especially if you're bringing him off the bench with half an hour to go to use his pace against a tiring defence. Definitely not in Bielsa's plans apparently so he should be available cheap.

46 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Doubt there was ever any chance of him signing

The article says it was all agreed between the clubs but the player didn't want to come.

The encouraging bit I took from the article is the quote from Agnew showing that he recognises the need for a bit more pace in the side - if he's saying that then Bruce will surely be of the same opinion, so something might actually get done to address it before the end of the window.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

50 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just over a week to hopefully see some outgoings and a couple of loan signings. Very quiet so far. Be very disappointing if we don’t see any action at all. 

Agree but to be fair, as others have said, we're probably just in the loan and free agent market. Some loan deals happen nearer the close of the window. We definitely need an injection of some pace and physicality. That said, a few players have come back into the fold since Jos left and been like new players. I'm intrigued to see how the squad perform once Bruce is in charge and interested to see his stamp onto the team and eventually to see his own team. The main rebuild will begin in the summer but we could do with a couple of decent loanees to freshen things up and give us something different.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

40 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

The article says it was all agreed between the clubs but the player didn't want to come.

The encouraging bit I took from the article is the quote from Agnew showing that he recognises the need for a bit more pace in the side - if he's saying that then Bruce will surely be of the same opinion, so something might actually get done to address it before the end of the window.

Yep because Steve Bruce is working hard to get signing done in January. Not sure what team this guy plays for and has there been a change in the Owls kit to include gloves, a helmet and a bat. :duntmatter:

Bruce speaks with Moeen Ali (L) after England's final training session before West Indies Test

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I’d be delighted with the way things are going if I was a Brentford fan. In the championship with progressive owners and a new stadium being built. It will propel them forward. The club is so well ran that I wince when I tell him what’s going on at Wednesday.

How many places above us in league are they currently? Just sold highest rated player. I personally would not be happy.

12 minutes ago, Quist said:

How many places above us in league are they currently? Just sold highest rated player. I personally would not be happy.

Not sure, but I know they’re not begging the fans for cash in order to avoid a transfer embargo. I am personally not happy with that now.

And that’s ignoring the different expectations you’d likely have if you were a Brentford fan.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Yep because Steve Bruce is working hard to get signing done in January. Not sure what team this guy plays for and has there been a change in the Owls kit to include gloves, a helmet and a bat. :duntmatter:

Bruce speaks with Moeen Ali (L) after England's final training session before West Indies Test

I know Bruce is rather large, but he's not as heavy as that batsmen is suggesting.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

I doubt Bruce is exactly ringing round his agent mates - but DC will surely give him the final nod on any incomings.