OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

42 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

According to wiki in the last 3 years he has played 13 league games and no games at all this season! That can’t be correct surely? 

On the contrary, I think that suggests its nailed on....... WTF:

EDIT: Thought you meant our interest in him...Transfermarkt reckons 13 appearances this season (all comps and reserve). Who knows. 

Edited by Morepork

We have made tentative enquiries about Bree before. Around the time we signed Winnall, we were also enquiring after Bree. This was mentioned to me by someone associated with Barnsley FC, but Barnsley did not want 2 of their squad coming to SWFC, in addition, the money offered was not enough.

Bree would be a good and welcome addition to the team. I know from speaking to a number of friends who are Barnsley fans, that he was rated pretty highly by the staff. Bruce obviously knows him and his skill set, so this may well be a 'runner'.

In a not at all totally made up rumour by me, the story tommorow is that we are trying to get Bolasie on loan. Signed for Villa to play under Bruce, cut his loan short at Villa because, well, he stole Dean Smiths dog or something, Everton didn't know he was coming back and hes with the u23s, he wants to play under Bruce again so is coming here. See, dead easy this, who needs Penguin.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

We have made tentative enquiries about Bree before. Around the time we signed Winnall, we were also enquiring after Bree. This was mentioned to me by someone associated with Barnsley FC, but Barnsley did not want 2 of their squad coming to SWFC, in addition, the money offered was not enough.

Bree would be a good and welcome addition to the team. I know from speaking to a number of friends who are Barnsley fans, that he was rated pretty highly by the staff. Bruce obviously knows him and his skill set, so this may well be a 'runner'.

Though in fact, Bruce rarely chose to play him

4 minutes ago, djstatic said:

Nixon says interest in Forestieri but we want 14m. Way too much IMO. 8 and I would get rid. 

Considering age and recent injury record £8m wouldn't be a bad price....but doesn't solve FFP black hole allowing us to recruit, therefore best to keep him for next season rather than sell him and not be able to replace, assuming we are embargoed.

We won't be able to sell for 14. I would imagine he was on the list of players Forest were looking at if Jokanovic signed. He is neither consistent or injury free enough for us anymore. There is still the court case to defend as well even though that should not come to much you would hope 

The asking price for Forestieri of 14 million is basically him in his prime from 2 years ago. He's now 29 and hasn't done much in the past 2 years to warrant anyone spending that kind of money on him. We'd be lucky to get half that in truth. Reach is our most saleable asset right now and the only player we'd get north of 10 million for.