OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Not entirely sure what makes anyone think there will be any incomings?

Well, it was reported in the press, that Bruce was targeting a full back, which we now know to be a right back, a centre back, and a striker Not sure where Kebano fitted in then. Not convinced we’ll get all those though

30 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well, it was reported in the press, that Bruce was targeting a full back, which we now know to be a right back, a centre back, and a striker Not sure where Kebano fitted in then. Not convinced we’ll get all those though

We know that the press reported that and we know the press reported it’s a right back, but we don’t actually know anything do we? Has anyone at the club actually said anything (apart from us needing to raise money to avoid an embargo)?

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

We know that the press reported that and we know the press reported it’s a right back, but we don’t actually know anything do we? Has anyone at the club actually said anything (apart from us needing to raise money to avoid an embargo)?

That’s true, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see

52 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I didn’t know if Agnew had said anything. Don’t tend to listen to press conferences. We will see indeed.

Agnew said transfers were nothing to do with him & that it was up to SB & DC.

It is blatantly obvious we need to sell but the lack of any outgoings has me wondering if a large chunk of anything we receive is owed to "someone else" meaning the money that the club receives wont make much difference viz a viz FFP ?

Edited by sheriwozgod

28 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

It is blatantly obvious we need to sell but the lack of any outgoings has me wondering if a large chunk of anything we receive is owed to "someone else" meaning the money that the club receives wont make much difference viz a viz FFP ?

Just don't think money is being spent in the Championship. Can't think of one decent money deal even rumoured this window to date. 

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Typically deals are done much closer to or even on deadline day. With the Kebano deal off I am sure we are looking at other targets. 

To add to this, I think it's time we sent players out on loan even if we cover 60% or more of their wage. Players like Jones, Stobbs, Kirby, Jack Lee, Rce and others need game time.

For too long now we have had unrealistic expectations of what our players are worth or how much we expect from any loan deal (it nearly scuppered the Rhodes to Norwich deal). DC needs a reality check. The key to getting out of this FFP nonsense lies with player sales not fan loans.