theowlsman

OFFICIAL January 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

It is blatantly obvious we need to sell but the lack of any outgoings has me wondering if a large chunk of anything we receive is owed to "someone else" meaning the money that the club receives wont make much difference viz a viz FFP ?

Edited by sheriwozgod

28 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

It is blatantly obvious we need to sell but the lack of any outgoings has me wondering if a large chunk of anything we receive is owed to "someone else" meaning the money that the club receives wont make much difference viz a viz FFP ?

Just don't think money is being spent in the Championship. Can't think of one decent money deal even rumoured this window to date. 

Us and swansea are the only teams so far in the championship this window to do nothing, incoming or outgoing.

• Sad 1

Typically deals are done much closer to or even on deadline day. With the Kebano deal off I am sure we are looking at other targets. 

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Typically deals are done much closer to or even on deadline day. With the Kebano deal off I am sure we are looking at other targets. 

To add to this, I think it's time we sent players out on loan even if we cover 60% or more of their wage. Players like Jones, Stobbs, Kirby, Jack Lee, Rce and others need game time.

For too long now we have had unrealistic expectations of what our players are worth or how much we expect from any loan deal (it nearly scuppered the Rhodes to Norwich deal). DC needs a reality check. The key to getting out of this FFP nonsense lies with player sales not fan loans. 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

To add to this, I think it's time we sent players out on loan even if we cover 60% or more of their wage. Players like Jones, Stobbs, Kirby, Jack Lee, Rce and others need game time.

For too long now we have had unrealistic expectations of what our players are worth or how much we expect from any loan deal (it nearly scuppered the Rhodes to Norwich deal). DC needs a reality check. The key to getting out of this FFP nonsense lies with player sales not fan loans. 

Yep, shame there are no DC's and Doyen's at other clubs willing to pay over the odds for hasbeens like Jones, Abdi, Rhodes - we seem to be on the wrong side of both e.g. pay ridiculous money for gash, undersell our best players if and when we do sell (e.g Antonio, Brunt).  We even lost money on Hunt who was a Champ first team right back who cost us north of 2m GBP.

4 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Yes we certainly have to be more realistic about covering wages, and it’s important that those players are playing games. Too early for Rice though, but he definitely needs to step up to the U23s, and would be able to, if we sent some of the others out on loan

12 hours ago, LiamK2292 said:

Chelsea confirm Higuain, just in time to play us...

Which one is he ?

4 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Which one is he ?

I dont think it will make much difference either way to be fair

• Haha 1

He looks like a smoother version of Dave....mind you so does she!WTF:

His first name appears to be....Gonzo! Muppet.

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Get Wickham or Antonio back....

“Gi’ us all ya cripples”

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

West Brom on the verge of signing Jacob Murphy from Newcastle

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

West Brom on the verge of signing Jacob Murphy from Newcastle

I hope they get some right signings owt to stop pigs and weeds going up is a thumps up from me. 

• Agree 1

This thread though.  

dog-piss3.gif.74f5c2c810cdcd92d4e5fd4542ba0bba.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Think we're in for Jacob Marley. ^^

Is it a straightforward deal or is there a chain involved?

• Haha 5