Fessi warm up

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Everyone has their job and we look more of a team now. But FF makes it a winning team 

I agree.

It seems to me that the manager is very much for a team ethos and it's showing.

Just pointing out that goalscorers are part of a team.

In all fairness FF hasn't started the last 2 games and we've won. We shouldn't change a winning team, regardless. Carlos got slated and ultimately undone for playing his favourites even when not fully fit or out of form.

Let Jos do his thing.

9 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

In all fairness FF hasn't started the last 2 games and we've won. We shouldn't change a winning team, regardless. Carlos got slated and ultimately undone for playing his favourites even when not fully fit or out of form.

Let Jos do his thing.

But we only won AFTER Jo’s brought FF on....not a coincidence. The Energy wasn’t there yesterday like it was on Wednesday so Jo’s should have made changes at half time IMO.

Top player.

5 minutes ago, Stan Dupowls said:

But we only won AFTER Jo’s brought FF on....not a coincidence. The Energy wasn’t there yesterday like it was on Wednesday so Jo’s should have made changes at half time IMO.

Top player.

He is a top player.

Jos will use his talents as he sees fit.

Double win for Wednesday.

14 hours ago, Andybradowl said:

From where I was sitting today in the south towards the kop it seemed as though Lee Bullen had to make Fessi put his hi viz thingy on and then pushed him in the back with both hands to get him to warm up on the touchline before he came on.

Hope i saw this all wrong but just wondered if anyone else saw the same?

Probably no real drama, and if there were petulance, well done Bullen. 

Saw FF warming up in front of the north before the match. He didn't do any of the exercises properly that the trainer was doing with the group. Contrast that with Sam Hutchinson who did all the warm up professionally. FF's body language suggested disinterest. Stood with his hands in his pockets at one stage. If I'd have been the trainer he'd have peed me off as it was rather disrespectful BUT is this sort of thing something that you have to 'let go' for FF as he is such a talisman...as yesterday showed...OR does he get benched until his falls into line?

46 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

But he didn't against Wigan, Hull or Brentford...

Scored in two of those though didn’t he. Including winning his own penalty. If others had done their bit ie fletcher and some of our defenders at Wigan then the collective would be even higher up the table.

Hes our biggest attacking threat and should be in the side based on form since his return. One bad game at Brentford against the others doesn’t stack up. 

Edited by Bluesteel

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Scored in two of those though didn’t he. Including winning his own penalty. If others had done their bit ie fletcher and some of our defenders at Wigan then the collective would be even higher up the table.

Hes our biggest attacking threat and should be in the side based on form since his return. One bad game at Brentford against the others doesn’t stack up. 

I was been a little facetious to be honest, and I agree, that long term, if we are to be successful, Forestieri must play.

But the fact remains, we've won three games this season, and in all three games, he didn't play. In every game Forestieri has started, we've failed to pick up a victory. How long that trend continues, who knows? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Forestieris goals per game tally does though, he’s our best player along with Joao. 

Fernando hasn’t been a passenger this season and has impacted every game including today for the better. I don’t think it would be two wins without him.

Matias was likely rewarded for a good game in midweek and I generally agree with the idea of no favourites. But for me if FF is fit and on form as he has been he should be playing. 

This all day long.

Forestieri can be frustrating at times but even when not at his best (for whatever reason) he is better than Matias will ever be.

Matias can be decent at times but in terms of pace, energy,  skill, finishing, (usually) effort, FF is streets ahead.

2 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

Saw FF warming up in front of the north before the match. He didn't do any of the exercises properly that the trainer was doing with the group. Contrast that with Sam Hutchinson who did all the warm up professionally. FF's body language suggested disinterest. Stood with his hands in his pockets at one stage. If I'd have been the trainer he'd have peed me off as it was rather disrespectful BUT is this sort of thing something that you have to 'let go' for FF as he is such a talisman...as yesterday showed...OR does he get benched until his falls into line?

This is nothing new with Nando. 

He's a cracking player, but we all know there is a bit of baggage there and he's a bit high maintenance. 

Sometimes he's up for it and plays like a man possessed, then there are those occasions where he looks like he wants to be anywhere but a football pitch. 

24 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

This all day long.

Forestieri can be frustrating at times but even when not at his best (for whatever reason) he is better than Matias will ever be.

Matias can be decent at times but in terms of pace, energy,  skill, finishing, (usually) effort, FF is streets ahead.

If only football was as black and white as this...

35 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I was been a little facetious to be honest, and I agree, that long term, if we are to be successful, Forestieri must play.

But the fact remains, we've won three games this season, and in all three games, he didn't play. In every game Forestieri has started, we've failed to pick up a victory. How long that trend continues, who knows? 

It’s a good sign and I’m sure the others will take confidence from it. We can get stronger when Winnall and co come back too.

I just get the impression we need to make the most of Forestieri as who knows how long we might have him.

48 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

If only football was as black and white as this...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but as an individual and in terms of his ability to fit into an effective team,  I believery FF would make us a better side.

Clearly Jos has his reasons.....

Think some players just don't like warming up. 

I never did.  I used to prefer to sit in a hot bath. 

Leather a couple part the keeper and then get back in for a quick drink and sit with a hot water bottle under my hamstring till kick off.

Carlton used to nip up to the guests lounge for a brandy with 10 minutes till kick off. 

Each to their own.

33 minutes ago, ANDY said:

ive got a feeling hes played his last match for us  

the way he walked round applauding north,kop and south struck me as he knew he was going  

Even we wouldn’t be daft enough to risk an injury or a red for a player lined-up for a lucrative loan deal.

We can try to guess or we can just smile and enjoy the wins.