Fessi warm up

49 minutes ago, ANDY said:

ive got a feeling hes played his last match for us  

the way he walked round applauding north,kop and south struck me as he knew he was going  

Oh god.

State of our fans when it comes to Nando. 

If he's off, then bringing him on for 20 minutes again makes sense. 

He nearly got injured too. 

1 hour ago, Bleeder said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but as an individual and in terms of his ability to fit into an effective team,  I believery FF would make us a better side.

Clearly Jos has his reasons.....

My point was, football simply isn't a case of saying "Well he's a better player than him, therefore he must play." The England team suffered for years with that theory. There's a strong argument to suggest the fact we're still a Championship club is down to that way of thinking also.

Although they have their similarities, Forestieri and Matias are different players. They have differing skill sets. No player is the same. I don't see why there needs to be a comparison with Matias anyway...can Forestieri and Matias not play in the same team?

By the way, I am in no way disputing what a fantastic player Forestieri is. And I'm fully behind the notion that if we are to be successful in the current guise, then we need to get the best out of him. What I don't subscribe to is this idea that Forestieri has his own set of rules. If Jos believed his attitude was part of the issue down at Brentford, then why should we question it? Especially considering the two results we've achieved without Forestieri.

Like I've continued to say...it'll do nobody any harm this last week. Forestieri will now know he can no longer be a luxury...he either performs and works hard for the team, or he'll be out, and somebody else will come in to replace him who has proved can produce results at this level. 

Win win. 

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

My point was, football simply isn't a case of saying "Well he's a better player than him, therefore he must play." The England team suffered for years with that theory. There's a strong argument to suggest the fact we're still a Championship club is down to that way of thinking also.

Although they have their similarities, Forestieri and Matias are different players. They have differing skill sets. No player is the same. I don't see why there needs to be a comparison with Matias anyway...can Forestieri and Matias not play in the same team?

By the way, I am in no way disputing what a fantastic player Forestieri is. And I'm fully behind the notion that if we are to be successful in the current guise, then we need to get the best out of him. What I don't subscribe to is this idea that Forestieri has his own set of rules. If Jos believed his attitude was part of the issue down at Brentford, then why should we question it? Especially considering the two results we've achieved without Forestieri.

Like I've continued to say...it'll do nobody any harm this last week. Forestieri will now know he can no longer be a luxury...he either performs and works hard for the team, or he'll be out, and somebody else will come in to replace him who has proved can produce results at this level. 

Win win. 

Kin ell mate.... no problem with any of that... including the first paragraph. As I said.... and it's an opinion only, I believe that with the other 10 players in that side, FF gives us more than Matias..... that's all...

:tango:

3 hours ago, roaminowl said:

I've been reading comments like this almost from the moment he signed for us. He's still here.

Yes, but did you seem him swing his shirt round his head singing “Marching on Together”.

That was the real giveaway for me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Although a generalisation, I have slight concerns over the type of people who are in the ground early enough to watch the warm ups. And indeed study the warm ups. 

I stopped at traffic lights in Norway on holiday today, and a team of Norwegian young ladies were going through a pre-match warm-up.

I promise you, you would arrive early to watch it.

• Haha 1