Penney / Preston

Thought they both did really well.

For my money, Preston looks more 'ready' but that's not to take away from Penney's performance tonight - I do see some limitations in his game that I expect to get exposed over time, but the left back shirt should be his for the next game at least...it's not like we are blessed with options.

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

For my money, Preston looks more 'ready' but that's not to take away from Penney's performance tonight - I do see some limitations in his game that I expect to get exposed over time, but the left back shirt should be his for the next game at least...it's not like we are blessed with options.

I think the exact opposite. Penney looks ready to challenge but I think Preston is still a bit off the pace cos of the step up.

Quite a few of the boys who have watched the U23’s on a regular basis have known about these two for a while 

Penney has had two terrible loans where he just didn’t get games for some bizarre reason 

Preston has always looked a player to me and tonight he showed it again, he’s so confident as is Penney 

2 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Preston brings much needed energy and pace to the team. Penney seems to have knack of having time on the ball even when under pressure. Well played lads 

Called confidence that,  pair of them seemed to have it in abundance to be fair 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Interesting. I though Penney was superb whereas Preston didn’t look ready for me. Funny old game football is.