Kieran Lee

We miss the midfield metronome. Goes back to our shambolic transfer policy. 

Bannan... Sits too deep and it makes us drop back. 

Jones... See above. 

Hutch... See above. 

Pelupessy... As above. 

K. Lee.. Is the only one of our central mids by trade that gives us forward momentum and breaks to join the attack and get into the box causing opposition defenders problems with marking. The others are too static preferring to just sit, this then leaves our strikers isolated and without the midfield support needed to break teams down. 

For me jos needs to go back to last seasons basic when we looked good 

5-2-1-2 with reach playing behind joao & Nuhiu, only difference for me would be a small tinker of reach at lwb and Nando in behind the two up top to support and roam around in a free role to find space. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

sadly I cant see hooper or lee ever coming back , hooper has had several setbacks and has been out 8 months , lee aint played for nearly a year both have major issues with there hip ,both seem to try to step up there training and then suffer pain and swelling , I don't know if there is a magic sponge what could work for either . 

16 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Why do some have to be so negative saying things like ‘I can’t see him playing again’ or ‘he’ll never be the same’. 

We don’t know and so until we’re told something different let’s just wish them a full recovery and look forward to seeing them play again.

Because he has played 10 games in 2 seasons can you not see why people

would worry?

4 minutes ago, thommowl said:

People said we need Forestieri back because we're crap Forestieri comes back and we're still crap. Now if we get Hooper back or Lee back and we'll be reyt. Er no we'll still be crap 

Its called going in the right direction and getting better than what we are now. Nobody thinks we are gonna make the play offs apart from the chairman. We just need to stop the rot and start improving and getting these two back would be a step in that direction and hopefully stop us being "crap".

There’s plenty of professional footballers that have spent this amount of time out injured and in some cases even more, and still come back to play .... what’s with everyone writing them off !!?   Come on lads get a grip 

44 minutes ago, thommowl said:

People said we need Forestieri back because we're crap Forestieri comes back and we're still crap. Now if we get Hooper back or Lee back and we'll be reyt. Er no we'll still be crap 

That's the spirit !

:biggrin:

40 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Because he has played 10 games in 2 seasons can you not see why people

would worry?

Lee played 15 times last season and 28 the one before that.

:huh:

At the risk of being accused of being negative :stuwinky:... 

Hes not been fully fit for the best part of two years and what age is he now... 30? 31? If Lee comes back and can play week in week out I’ll be pleasantly surprised, let alone whether he can be one of the league’s top midfielders again.

I’ve got similar thoughts about Hutchinson and Hooper to be honest. If we had freedom to wheel and deal and they weren’t on such lucrative contracts I’d be trying to replace all three with younger, fitter, hungrier players. 

2 hours ago, torres said:

Baffles me people pinning hopes on Lee.

Nowhere near as yet.

When he does come back it’ll be months before he’s close to being right.

Probably won’t see him back to anything like til next season 

Agree.

The longer he's out and the bottom we are the better Lee will get. The old football cliché, sometimes you have your best games sat on the bench.

Reality is, lee a good player but won't change our fortunes on his own. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Its called going in the right direction and getting better than what we are now. Nobody thinks we are gonna make the play offs apart from the chairman. We just need to stop the rot and start improving and getting these two back would be a step in that direction and hopefully stop us being "crap".

But i got told we built from the back with Joao in attack. We've not built from the back n Joaos not in attack. So on that basis we're very much not going in right direction