What a refreshing change in attitude

19 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I agree with the coco bit...but if George hirst was up front we might have lost..fletcher and Matias are streets ahead of him

Well we don't know that and never will sadly.

Just now, fred mciver said:

Sorry, in your job thought you'd have read page 13 of FFP question thread about SXS (Harrowby's post).

You and Trevor need to sharpen up this guys PR for us. 

I only read the 1st and the last post of any thread, tells you 90% of what you need to know the rest I just guess reason out.

Whose Trevor?

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

I'd rather see any player despite age or experience if they play well consistently.

Football is littered with inconsistency, you aren't going to get 11 players that are 8/10 every week

Forestieri hasn't performed in a big game yet

What I'm saying is the majority of fans appreciate these lads are learning whilst delivering a good standard of performance in the first team, it's positive to see the investment in the academy / u23 infrastructure is bringing a benefit to the club, which can be long term and sustainable

21 minutes ago, torres said:

We are happy to see them because the ''first team'' players are not great 

No, that's ridiculous, for nearly two decades the development players were ignored. The development of youth has helped many clubs out of bad situations and put a few on top, extreme examples are Manchester united and Barcelona who were at the very top by developing youth. Or should we just go back to doing the same thing we were doing for all those years? And getting a few more Abdi and Jeffers in. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BRUCE LEE said:

Football is littered with inconsistency, you aren't going to get 11 players that are 8/10 every week

Forestieri hasn't performed in a big game yet

What I'm saying is the majority of fans appreciate these lads are learning whilst delivering a good standard of performance in the first team, it's positive to see the investment in the academy / u23 infrastructure is bringing a benefit to the club, which can be long term and sustainable

I agree in the main.  But age should not be a factor in picking a side only ability and having confidence that the player you pick can justify their place.

5 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

No, that's ridiculous, for nearly two decades the development players were ignored. The development of youth has helped many clubs out of bad situations and put a few on top, extreme examples are Manchester united and Barcelona who were at the very top by developing youth. Or should we just go back to doing the same thing we were doing for all those years? And getting a few more Abdi and Jeffers in. 

Sorry, but what the hell are you on about?? Your reply makes no sense in relation to what i posted

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

When an 18 year old substituted for....a 19 year old last night.

I don't care what anyone says, that warms the soul of all but the most ardent of miserable gets!

and there are some real miserable souls on here.

I also thought it was very interesting that Kirby rather than Jones was brought on last night when Jos was changing formation. It must have given him confidence that the manager trusted he could deliver and from what I saw (albeit from my armchair) he didn't let Jos down at all. In fact none of them did.

I'm not sure we can play this many in a Championship match yet but last night was a great step forward for them and the academy.

Yeh it’s fantastic,  last night we gave game time to a young Alex Hunt and Connor Kirby .... if previous managers were still here that midfield would have had David Jones in it without doubt and maybe 1 young lad would have had 10mins off the bench 

were struggling in a lot of areas of the pitch right now, the managers ability is still open to debate in some areas but I’m very very pleased we’ve got a manager that at least has the spine to play the young lads that he deems good enough 

Dawson,Wildsmith,Hunt,Baker,Nielsen, Kirby, Penney and Borukov .... all have the potential to be established first team players at Sheffield Wednesday 

Edited by Guest

Just now, sw1867 said:

Not like you to criticise negativity before it’s even happened! You’re the most negative poster on here.

Change the record, it’s fuc*ing boring.

Are you for real?  I back the club, players, Chairperson in the face of the moaners on here.  I just know that soon as one of these youngsters makes a mistake he will be vilified and I for one will be defending him.   

Yeah its great and we all really hope it pays off.

But lets just remember that we still have no idea whether any of them (including Wildsmith & Dawson) are going to be good enough to play most of their career at Championship level or above.

It is ultimately that of which the success or otherwise of this forced venture will be judged.

Lets hope we get our first league win soon because it is certainly a lot easier for young players to come into a successful team than a struggling one.

The other positive about the U23's and 18's coming through is the potential for actually making money from a player sale.

Barring 2 or 3 first team members the chance of recouping any of the financial outlay on them is very low where as a good prospect coming through and doing well could bring a decent fee.

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

It was the best thing for the team, but I just hope poor Hunt is ruined because of being hauled off after 45 mins on his debut... 

Hopefully not... but I can see why it was done. I think he was lacking in a little confidence, would would have been worse would have been the whole experience if kept on knocking his confidence even more.