What a refreshing change in attitude

By fans on Owlstalk.

Not long ago, idea of playing U-23 or U-18 (God forbid) player was shutt down, and very quickly on here.

There was an idea present that no youngster should get a chance if he haven't spent seasons on loan to lower league clubs. Now we are calling for those same youngsters to start games and push under performing seniors out of starting 11.

I'm proud how we are prising everything that this young players do well, and reffer from criticism when they make mistakes that are quite understandable, due to their young age, lack of experience, and sinergy with first team players.

Long may it continue, and it could be the start really special at S6.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, malek said:

By fans on Owlstalk.

Not long ago, idea of playing U-23 or U-18 (God forbid) player was shutt down, and very quickly on here.

There was an idea present that no youngster should get a chance if he haven't spent seasons on loan to lower league clubs. Now we are calling for those same youngsters to start games and push under performing seniors out of starting 11.

I'm proud how we are prising everything that this young players do well, and reffer from criticism when they make mistakes that are quite understandable, due to their young age, lack of experience, and sinergy with first team players.

Wait till we lose a couple then the shout for the old guard will be heard.  

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

When an 18 year old substituted for....a 19 year old last night.

I don't care what anyone says, that warms the soul of all but the most ardent of miserable gets!

It was the best thing for the team, but I just hope poor Hunt is ruined because of being hauled off after 45 mins on his debut... 

5 minutes ago, malek said:

By fans on Owlstalk.

AMEN to that brother.

Let's push on now and really encourage these lads to come good

Owlstalk Shop

Agree it is refreshing to see Wednesday giving youngsters a shot and the fans backing it. We could see some real talent coming out of the current crop. Well done to Jos for doing this rather than just playing most experienced players. Hope we all have the patience to let Jos see this through.

1 minute ago, poite said:

Just imagine if we had sacked coco after the Huddersfield game like we should have done and got Jos in then. 

We'd had seen George hirst up front last night 

I agree with the coco bit...but if George hirst was up front we might have lost..fletcher and Matias are streets ahead of him

10 minutes ago, malek said:

By fans on Owlstalk.

Who needs signings, Mr C simply made all the signings required over the last three years, including the under 23s who are now ready to challenge for first team starts.

:Chansiri: 

For me developing and playing your own home grown players is what a football club should be about. Investing in the youth set up rather then paying stupid wages and transfer fees for greedy mercenaries is how it should be done..it also stops clubs getting into the mess we currently find ourselves in. 

• Thanks 1

In the situation we are in financially it makes sense to make the most of the academy/U23 infrastructure Chansiri has invested in

Our young keeper situation is enviable, Thorniley looks a settled member of the first team, Kirby and Penney are ready to feature with Lee, Borukov and Hunt are coming through 

I think I speak for the majority in saying we would all MUCH rather see these lads out on the pitch learning than players like Boyd purely earning

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

For me developing and playing your own home grown players is what a football club should be about. Investing in the youth set up rather then paying stupid wages and transfer fees for greedy mercenaries is how it should be done..it also stops clubs getting into the mess we currently find ourselves in. 

It also brings some skill and meaning back to the game being able to bring "our own" through the youth ranks and prepare them to play at a higher level. We are going to get more out of these players than players who were simply looking to fund their retirement when they joined SWFC

1 minute ago, BRUCE LEE said:

In the situation we are in financially it makes sense to make the most of the academy/U23 infrastructure Chansiri has invested in

Our young keeper situation is enviable, Thorniley looks a settled member of the first team, Kirby and Penney are ready to feature with Lee, Borukov and Hunt are coming through 

I think I speak for the majority in saying we would all MUCH rather see these lads out on the pitch learning than players like Boyd purely earning

I'd rather see any player despite age or experience if they play well consistently.