One issue #SWFC has is the perception of high prices

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Correct, Membership used to be for supporting your club and priority of tickets not for discount rates and saving money... something seems to have shifted with ours and based on negativity of late I’d suggest not for the better. 

Thanks Phil

With the introduction of billionaire chairmen though is it not strange to be putting your money in from afar like that?

Why not for instance buy a shirt or something instead where you get something tangible back for yourself?

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Obviously.

But that's not the point.

Maybe not!

But I don't think for one second that cheaper prices will see an increase in attendances, why? Because we haven't signed anyone, we are not competing in the league and the football is crap at times.

People will always find an excuse not to go!

And in previous seasons when he has reduced ticket prices it's not like we've had 30,000 plus!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I can only answer for myself but when I moved abroad in 2005 I kept my membership on to more or less guarantee that when I came back for my twice yearly visits I could get tickets for the away games ……cant recall what the price was back then but it certainly wernt 50 quid .

Yeah very fair point and I'm sure that's the case for many other folk abroad too.

I think if there's a reasoning like that and it works financially then it makes total sense

Owlstalk Shop

We don't have the luxury of this, we need money because the club show no sign of off loading players not playing such as westwood, Jones, matias, abdi, so they need to increase the income and with 17,000 empty seats in the first home game of the season it's not rocket science where they should look.

£30 is plenty 6 games pack, look at millwalls away ticket plan or Sunderland ticket plans we could do a lot to copy them. 

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Maybe not!

But I don't think for one second that cheaper prices will see an increase in attendances, why? Because we haven't signed anyone, we are not competing in the league and the football is crap at times.

People will always find an excuse not to go!

And in previous seasons when he has reduced ticket prices it's not like we've had 30,000 plus!

Ok

I do agree that a club needs to be competing to attract a significant number of people to the game

However whenever the reduced prices have been announced and put on sale could you point to one single piece of marketing and advertising the club has done to ensure that all those who no longer go (as they believe it to be too expensive, or have been priced out) have seen that it's on offer?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thanks Phil

With the introduction of billionaire chairmen though is it not strange to be putting your money in from afar like that?

Why not for instance buy a shirt or something instead where you get something tangible back for yourself?

Post / Delivery in South Africa means my 30 quid membership probably delivers more than a 59 shirt! I’d at least get an email!!! 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We don't have the luxury of this, we need money because the club show no sign of off loading players not playing such as westwood, Jones, matias, abdi, so they need to increase the income and with 17,000 empty seats in the first home game of the season it's not rocket science where they should look.

£30 is plenty 6 games pack, look at millwalls away ticket plan or Sunderland ticket plans we could do a lot to copy them. 

its a moot point that we had 17k empty seats …..the capacity is 34 k and 3k of them are for away fans of which hull took around a 1k so in reality we had around 8-9k that were available to us that remained unused ………...I agree that £30 is plenty for the 6 game bundle  but if that works out cheaper than what a member pays then that cant be right . 

25 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I've said before and ill say it again!

People wouldn't complain as much if we were top of the league!

The big problem is, we haven't signed anyone, we aren't competing at the top end of the league and if the first half against Hull is anything to go by, the football is dreadful!

DCs justification for high ticket pricing has been the push for glory and better players. Now that's gone by the wayside I'd expect ticket prices to be reduced. Problem is that he's already taken money off around 18-20k of us. Money that he can't give back. No way can he give people a better deal than the majority. He's well and truly stuck with the monster he's created. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, torres said:

I’m totally against how much we charge away supporters. I feel ashamed of our club for that.

As a regular away follower with Wednesday it ends up costing our own fans as other clubs replicate the price 

they can only charge us the same as they would there own fans so I don't think your scenario is correct .

40 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I've said before and ill say it again!

People wouldn't complain as much if we were top of the league!

The big problem is, we haven't signed anyone, we aren't competing at the top end of the league and if the first half against Hull is anything to go by, the football is dreadful!

There was uproar when we top half/playoffs about ticket prices. What was the top price for the blades game ...£50? 

Just now, torres said:

It is. (Or at least more than they usually charge)

Barnsley springs to mind 

Barnsley would have charged there highest category which was a double whammy for there supporters, ripped off when they came to us and then ripped off by there own club when we came to them …...

9 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

Totally agree zico. Get em coming through the door. Had an argument in the pub after match about cheap tickets only bringing 2000 to 3000 extra in.....Nobody ever knows about it. It needs pushing by the club, radio, internet, and papers and also they usually do it for a unattractive night match which doesn't help. 

What are the numbers of attendance when we play cup games at reduced entry fees?.

DC has created this environment, overly complex pricing for the casual fan. 

A 6 games bundle would be perfect it’s been shouted about / recommend by fans at meetings for the last 3 years and should have been part of a big June/July marketing push alongside season tickets....but let’s be honest it’s after the horse has bolted stuff because the take up is low.

We have the highest prices in the league 

The highest membership in probably world football

Highest shirt prices in the league

Fans are getting fed up, I couldn’t care less that we haven’t signed anyone, I’m more than happy to go with what we’ve got squad wise with realistic expectations of a mid table finish and maybe if the stars align a tilt at the playoffs.

Our chairman surely cannot believe that pricing is in line with current expectations of this squad.

They then bring out a £90 membership scheme....cloud cuckoo land 

Fans will not put up with it, it’s going to get worse before it gets better and I think DC will take it personally.

6 games for £160 would go some way to getting back on a level with fans income and expectations.

Edited by Box_Man
  • Like 2

This has been a major problem since the start of Chansiri's tenure when the club brought out a price list with about 10 different categories for each stand.  It made the story 'SWFC have the highest ticket prices in the country' based on the category 'A' prices (which no one knew if we were ever going to actually use) which was picked up by the national media.  It also made it impossible to tell how much a particular game was going to cost until shortly before, and put the onus on the fans to actually dig around the club's website to find the price. 

It was a massive own goal as it created the perception in the wider market that the high prices were even higher and had the club branded as rip-off merchants in the national media.  Tickets for away fans are consistently expensive which leads to a fresh burst of negative publicity via social media every home game.

The club has never attempted to address this perception and barely publicises when we have cheaper tickets.  It's almost like Chansiri doesn't WANT the cheap ticket days to be a success in case it proves him wrong...

10 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Should be no more than £20 at the very, very top for 6 straight games regardless of category. If it works out bad for Phase 3 ST holders refund them. 

If the ST prices aren't such a rip off in the first place he wouldn't be having to come up with things like membership and this six game ticket . When you look at what other championship clubs charge for ST's we are being taken for a ride. The high ST prices then has the knock on effort of every other form of ticket having to be priced higher so ST holders don't lose out. 

Lower ST prices and e anyone benefits,  even pay on the day fans. 

DC has made a complete mess of pricing through greed .