Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, torres said:

I’m not sure how anyone can argue otherwise 

We pay more than most for season tickets too 

Only Norwich has higher season ticket pricing in the Championship

And yet our prices are often given as being brilliant value for money

Thats how price conditioning works

So we have 3 year ST's, 1 year ST's.

Early bird ST's, phase 2 at a higher price, phase 3 at an even higher price. Half yearly STs from January. 

£90 membership with benefits, £50 membership with slightly less benefits.

6 game ticket bundles being planned. 

7 different POTG categories, and folk who aren't net savy wouldn't have a clue which game is which category. 

Plus of course different prices for kop, south stand, grandstand, north stand, west stand lower and NW corner(on the rare occasion they are used).

Plus the usual different price structures for over 65's, under 21s, under 17s, under 11s, under 5s etc etc. And do they still do reduced rates for armed forces?

Is there a course we can go on to study all this?

When my 3 year ST ends in May, I'm thinking of not renewing. 

Totally bewildered as to how I'll then still be able to watch the team I've supported since 1958.  

A warm fireside and Sky Now at £12.99 a week seems more and more tempting to me. 

Our cheapest adult season ticket is the second most expensive in the Championship

Our membership prices (both) are more expensive than anyone else in England

Our average cheapest POTG ticket last season (£32) was the most expensive in the division.

Our replica shirts cost £59 (for a second grade version)

There's a perception of high prices because the price of everything IS high. 

If the club wants to shake off that perception, it needs to lower prices across the board rather than trying to improve marketing techniques. 

But we can't lower prices because of the calamitous financial state the club is in.

Complete shambles from top to bottom. 

We're paying top end Premier League prices for what is almost certainly going to be a fight for Championship survival.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

2nd highest season ticket charges in the league

One of the highest pay on the day prices in the country  - never mind the league 

Yet it's just a perception about us being fleeced???

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Our cheapest adult season ticket is the second most expensive in the Championship

Our average cheapest POTG ticket last season (£32) was the most expensive in the division.

If the club wants to shake off that perception, it needs to lower prices across the board rather than trying to improve marketing techniques. 

But we can't lower prices because of the calamitous financial state the club is in.

We're paying top end Premier League prices for what is almost certainly going to be a fight for Championship survival.

You have hit the nail on the head mate. DC needs to learn that the supporters ARE the club,and without them the club is nothing, and stop ripping off the people you need the most.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

However due to these quite sickening prices the club runs smoothly and is at the cutting edge of customer service and really look after the loyal supporters...............................................................................hmmmmm maybe not  

5 minutes ago, torres said:

2nd highest season ticket charges in the league

One of the highest pay on the day prices in the country  - never mind the league 

Yet it's just a perception about us being fleeced???

There's no perception about it . We are being robbed blind.

8 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

When my 3 year ST ends in May, I'm thinking of not renewing. 

Totally bewildered as to how I'll then still be able to watch the team I've supported since 1958.  

A warm fireside and Sky Now at £12.99 a week seems more and more tempting to me. 

In exactly the same position. 

Unless prices are cut for 19/20 (no more than £350 a ST if we're in League One), I don't think I'll be getting one. 

Getting absolutely no joy out of being a Wednesday fan whatsoever.

Match day experience has turned sour as the fanbase is so split. WAWAW has never been further from the truth. 

Everything is a complete rip off, because those at the top know we're addicted and take advantage of that loyalty. 

Years and years spent putting in the hours through the poo, and the light at the end of the tunnel now further away than ever. 

I said earlier in the summer I wasn't going to extend my three year ST and will let it run out at end of this season and make a decision then depending on next year's prices. Yes, I can afford it, but I'm not prepared to be ripped off anymore . So if there is the usual massive price hike for next season I will just pick and choose my games . As a ST holder of over 30 years it will be hard not to renew, but I'm not prepared to be ripped off anymore.

32 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Over the last ten years I've never paid more than £21 a match for my Kop season ticket...now it's £10 a match cos' I'm a coffin dodger lol 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Over the last ten years I've never paid more than £21 a match for my Kop season ticket...now it's £10 a match cos' I'm a coffin dodger lol 

King of the I'm Alright Jacks lol

I think the problem is a difference in outlook between DC and a lot of the supporters. From comments at the meeting the other Monday DC expects fans to support the club financially just because they are supporters. If he makes membership £90 fans should pay it even if it is over priced and much more than other clubs charge. Almost a case of "I don' mind paying £50 over the odds because the money will benefit the club."

On the other hand a lot of supporters look at the prices and think they are being ripped off. Where each individual supporter draws the line on how much money they will spend to support the club will vary from person to person. Some are unable to pay the prices demanded, some can afford the prices but don't want to feel ripped off and some would pay what is demanded and more if needed.

I can understand DC's attitude, he is putting in £M's and he is asking the fans for a few extra quid. What he has to understand is that he is a multimillionaire, very few fans are. Also DC is the actual owner of the club while the fans only feel like they own the club.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's a right bargain to be fair 

What age do you have to be to qualify?

Over 80

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

King of the I'm Alright Jacks lol

That's not the point I'm making...season tickets are value for money...after the outcry of the first season ticket prices the cost went from £17.78 a match to £18.10 a match. people on here were saying that season ticket holders were somehow betraying the POTG supporters. Not one of our lot would have minded £20 POTG prices for the rest and most of them now wouldn't despite the " rip off" s/t prices. A bit like your snide comments

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Many fans won't put their money in now - because of the perception that its being wasted

This is the other perception

That money is being wasted
That we're going to lose our best players
That we're potentially gonna end up in a relegation scrap
That fans seem to be blamed for pretty much everything
etc

Wednesday can and should do better

Needs an immediate positive PR drive on top of the other things going on currently around the club that have been positives.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

That's not the point I'm making...season tickets are value for money...after the outcry of the first season ticket prices the cost went from £17.78 a match to £18.10 a match. people on here were saying that season ticket holders were somehow betraying the POTG supporters. Not one of our lot would have minded £20 POTG prices for the rest and most of them now wouldn't despite the " rip off" s/t prices. A bit like your snide comments

I think that season ticket pricing is fair when you look at it like that

If everyone could afford that route it'd be ace

£18/£20 a game is great

Owlstalk Shop