One issue #SWFC has is the perception of high prices

There's much talk of ticket bundles for games and lots more of high pricing at Sheffield Wednesday FC.

An issue that's as big a deal as pricing that many/most people find too high for the standard/league of football that we're in, is the perception that we're now too expensive to bother with.

So - any ticket deals that come out, any 6 match bundles, any special offers, anything like that I think that not only should we help spread as far and wide as possible, but the club should invest for the first time in ages in a large scale marketing campaign to let people know about them.

No good having offers on if it's just one story on the official website and an email out to a decimated email list 

Let's do it big time, let's do it properly, and most importantly lets ALL (you, me, every reader of this site, every reader of any other site/group/twitter, and every single fan of Sheffield Wednesday) shout about it as hard and loud as possible.

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

I'll shout providing the deal is no more than £25 per game. I don't care that on average it might eat into my early bird Season ticket savings. Its gone way beyond that. Let's get some sense back into ticket pricing. We desperately need all the help we can get. 

Should be no more than £20 at the very, very top for 6 straight games regardless of category. If it works out bad for Phase 3 ST holders refund them. 

Totally agree zico. Get em coming through the door. Had an argument in the pub after match about cheap tickets only bringing 2000 to 3000 extra in.....Nobody ever knows about it. It needs pushing by the club, radio, internet, and papers and also they usually do it for a unattractive night match which doesn't help. 

the problem is he as to pitch the 6 match bundle higher than the equivalent  phase 3 season ticket …..summat like 25 quid kop ,30 quid north / grandstand seems about right but if that works out cheaper than a 90 quid member will have to pay then whats the point of having a membership if you can just keep buying a 6 match bundle ……..seems like it's abit of car crash to get the pricing right for this . 

12 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Should be no more than £20 at the very, very top for 6 straight games regardless of category. If it works out bad for Phase 3 ST holders refund them. 

I think your peeing in the wind with those prices coz that aint going to happen ….

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the problem is he as to pitch the 6 match bundle higher than the equivalent  phase 3 season ticket …..summat like 25 quid kop ,30 quid north / grandstand seems about right but if that works out cheaper than a 90 quid member will have to pay then whats the point of having a membership if you can just keep buying a 6 match bundle ……..seems like it's abit of car crash to get the pricing right for this . 

Clever clever money making schemes have made working stuff out ridiculously complicated. 7 potential categories of match. 2 different membership schemes etc

33 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Even before DC, even before MM, I said make 'normal' match day prices just a few pounds more than the average cost for a season ticket holder.

The main reason I buy my season ticket is because it guarantees me 'my' seat and gets me priority for away games.

I wouldn't be bothered if pay on the door was the same price as I'd paid.

So, yes, let's get this initiative promoted.

You might not be bothered pal..but there’s loads who would be demanding refunds on their st...the I’m alright jacks wud have steam coming out of their ears garymegson

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Clever clever money making schemes have made working stuff out ridiculously complicated. 7 potential categories of match. 2 different membership schemes etc

he's dug himself a right hole …….I don't see how he can make this 6 match bundle an attractive offer without making it cheaper than what a member would pay . 37 quid on saturday for a member in the  grandstand stick on some have paid 90 quid for the privilege so how can expect them to be happy if he suddenly announces it's only 30 quid to sit in there for someone who commits to just 6 games …….no doubt he'll come up with something but I very much doubt it will be cheap  

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People who think tiered ticket pricing, category ticket pricing, tiered memberships and all the various schemes and memberships are necessary are completely wrong 

it’s over complex, puts people off bothering, and really needs simplifying 

Not so sure on the membership, higher one has higher benefits, some folk may want that. In fact, I’d prefer refer if we had a bronze one too, with hardly any benefits. 

As an expat i’d Buy that, I’m sure a few others would too. Just 30 quid for membership, thank you email and a pin badge (if wanted)! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kobayashi said:

The ticket prices for the Hull game weren’t perception they were fact. They are perceived as a rip-off because they are a rip-off.

I’m not sure how anyone can argue otherwise 

We pay more than most for season tickets too 

42 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not so sure on the membership, higher one has higher benefits, some folk may want that. In fact, I’d prefer refer if we had a bronze one too, with hardly any benefits. 

As an expat i’d Buy that, I’m sure a few others would too. Just 30 quid for membership, thank you email and a pin badge (if wanted)! 

Fair points

Could I ask what your motivation for buying a £30 membership would be if you're abroad? Is it to feel part of the club? Or to put money into the club etc? Curious what your main reason would be for this as I'm currently working on something

Owlstalk Shop

I've said before and ill say it again!

People wouldn't complain as much if we were top of the league!

The big problem is, we haven't signed anyone, we aren't competing at the top end of the league and if the first half against Hull is anything to go by, the football is dreadful!

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair points

Could I ask what your motivation for buying a £30 membership would be if you're abroad? Is it to feel part of the club? Or to put money into the club etc? Curious what your main reason would be for this as I'm currently working on something

Correct, Membership used to be for supporting your club and priority of tickets not for discount rates and saving money... something seems to have shifted with ours and based on negativity of late I’d suggest not for the better. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair points

I can only answer for myself but when I moved abroad in 2005 I kept my membership on to more or less guarantee that when I came back for my twice yearly visits I could get tickets for the away games ……cant recall what the price was back then but it certainly wernt 50 quid .

• Like 1