Do Brentford really have 48 hours more recovery time than SWFC?

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone who thinks this is true should simply just stop watching football

The focus levels, concentration, sheer speed and velocity of the game, plus physical challenges mean that it's nothing like someone going to work in Sheff. 

Nothing like.

But our players don't do any of that.

:biggrin: IT'S A JOKE :biggrin:

23 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Yes, ignore them.

We used to play every day for hours on end during our school holidays and I'm talking full pelt. Rarely got any pulls ir injuries and when we did, our bodies and joints were so used to the rigours of playing all the time that our bodies just laughed in the face of injuries.

I've also heard experts say that if every professional player simply played 90 minutes of football EVERY day instead of training, then his body, sinews and fitness would be at the absolute optimum for......

well a 90 minute game on a Saturday.

Makes chuffin sense!

Booo to training, ya can't beat playing football to prepare for playing football FFS!

Total trollop. Marathon runners train in a way that means leading up to the race they are a few miles short of the end goal because if your body gets used to the final requirement it will start to not want to make it the whole way and you will be in more pain. By pushing your body to a certain point and then giving it time to recover you encourage the body to kick in with a natural energy burst that pushes you through essentially like an adrenaline rush. This is why players like to have enough days. They can train hard and then ease of to a certain level at the right time to give the body the optimum chance. If your theory were correct then players would not get cramp at the end of seasons or at tournament football where by the qf and players start to drop like flys on the pitch because they have played up to 7 of the most intense games of their life over 3 and a bit weeks. If they played 1 game a week for 2 months to the final they would be a lot sharper. 

19 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

Yes, ignore them.

We used to play every day for hours on end during our school holidays and I'm talking full pelt. Rarely got any pulls ir injuries and when we did, our bodies and joints were so used to the rigours of playing all the time that our bodies just laughed in the face of injuries.

I've also heard experts say that if every professional player simply played 90 minutes of football EVERY day instead of training, then his body, sinews and fitness would be at the absolute optimum for......

Makes chuffin sense!

Booo to training, ya can't beat playing football to prepare for playing football FFS!

you ignore the medical profession at your peril the 40 a day capstain full strength smokers  will tell you that .or they would if they were still alive ………….i'm of the generation of playing sport all day long as kids and didn't seem to do me any harm . these days lads under 19 in the local cricket league arnt allowed to bowl more than 42 balls in a spell coz it can cause damage to there bodies.i do a bit of umpiring and wobetide if we don't get a card with there date of birth on it from the skipper as the game cant start . . …...crazy old world init .

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know all the about the medical and fitness experts say and not saying they are wrong but I really don't want to hear about prima donna millionaire footballers moaning about playing to many games. Get on with it!!!!

playing christmas day & boxing day had no adverse affects back in the day 

FarsenalP6.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

Yes, ignore them.

Makes chuffin sense!

Love that paragraph to be true.  Knowing Wednesday we would win every training game but lose on the Saturday. 

40 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

What is the reason for not playing on Wednesday? It's not as if Sky have much else to show nowadays.

There doesn't seem to be any real reasoning behind it other than Sky fancying a live game on a Thursday night. They're not showing any live football on Wednesday, and it's not as if they don't want a live TV game to clash with the other cup games because Villa are being shown live tonight.

So in conclusion, it's just Sky being bell ends as usual.

But the game was moved to the Sunday as per the EFL rules so that minimum rest period is adhered to.

For a club sailing close to financial restraint can I suggest a decent cup run might be useful

34 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know all the about the medical and fitness experts say and not saying they are wrong but I really don't want to hear about prima donna millionaire footballers moaning about playing to many games. Get on with it!!!!

TBF I don't think any player or anyone from the club has mentioned this as an issue at all as far as I've seen. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

But the game was moved to the Sunday as per the EFL rules so that minimum rest period is adhered to.

For a club sailing close to financial restraint can I suggest a decent cup run might be useful

It would, but unlikely - Jos didn't even pick a strong team in the FA Cup last season when we were at home against a poor PL team and one game away from a million pound quarter final.

51 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Didn’t Eddie Izzard do 27 marathons in 27 days! 

Reckon he could do a better job in those heels than Fox at left back, sign him up Jos.

Edited by Ironman
  • Haha 1