Do Brentford really have 48 hours more recovery time than SWFC?

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

7 games in 3 and a bit weeks? A game every 3 days or more?

You're not keeping up, that's far from what the learned gentleman i mentioned were advising.

Did you not read it properly Mr Trollope?

I repeat, play a 90 minute game of football every day and before long they will be conditioned to play a game of football on a Saturday with much less chance of injury.

No subs back in the day when they played 2 games in 2 days. 

Now go back to your spa to get pampered.

Not sure why these internet warriors get personal once someone disagrees with them but anyway. 

So your learned gentleman knows more than all the sports scientists from every football club and FA in the world. Your guy wants people to run at the intensity of a full match everyday to get ready for the Saturday and then week games. The body needs recovery time, fact. Tennis players do not play 5 sets a day, in fact not even 1 set on occasions in tournament. Should they also be playing full matches everyday? To get ready

Show me an iota of science behind what your suggesting and I would love to agree with you but you wont find it. When it comes to it, like at Christmas players can of course play 3-4 games in 10 days but we have seen it comes with consequences hence why people get rested during that period or in early January. 

I don't see how running more prevents injury. Most injuries are the result of third party interference, over exertion or exacerbating an on going issue. You think playing more helps any of these. I am no scientist but as someone who has played sport at a fairly good level in multiple disciplines, the answer was very rarely "run on it off lad". It doesn't work. 

Anyway I am off to the spa

Kisses

xxxx

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone who thinks this is true should simply just stop watching football

The focus levels, concentration, sheer speed and velocity of the game, plus physical challenges mean that it's nothing like someone going to work in Sheff. 

Nothing like.

A better comparison would be NHL players. Those guys play 3 periods of ice hockey 3 times a week and they have to travel all over USA and Canada to do it. Ice hockey is every bit as straining on the body as football. If argue it's far more. Never any complaints from those guys.

To be fair though. I haven't actually seen any complaints from the club regarding these fixtures but just saying 

Footballers really need to get together and agree to stop taking it all so seriously.

All those '90s guys who could play 3 times a week and fit in two extensive binge drinking sessions and a steak pie at half time - can anyone really say they enjoyed the football any less?

They really don't need to bother with all this 'sports science' and 'nutrition' and 'professionalism'.  As long as they all agree and anyone caught training too hard or eating macrobiotic pasta is rigorously punished...

9 minutes ago, poite said:

A better comparison would be NHL players. Those guys play 3 periods of ice hockey 3 times a week and they have to travel all over USA and Canada to do it. Ice hockey is every bit as straining on the body as football. If argue it's far more. Never any complaints from those guys.

To be fair though. I haven't actually seen any complaints from the club regarding these fixtures but just saying 

Very funny. The amazing list of similarities, yet they keep having long breaks, stop playing every two minutes, get a little rest on a bench every now and then and have such massive crowds, because it is so exciting, er hang on...

..How about long to middle distance runners that have to jump, change directions, sprint, change direction, stop quickly, kick a ball then get tackled while running for the finishing line? Hey hang on ...

...Is it time for the Tiger v Shark debate yet dad?lol

Guest Bulgaria

As well as fans being brainwashed into thinking the cups are an interference, some are now buying into the " players are tired" clap trap.

I would hazard a guess that at least 8 who play Sunderland will not play against Brentford.