Do Brentford really have 48 hours more recovery time than SWFC?

1 minute ago, OWL1969 said:

I agree it is hardwork with the fitness regime, sports science and dietary demands etc, but that is part and parcel of their job, same as a steelworker having to bear extreme heat or a customer service person getting earache and abuse.

They do all these things so they are prepared physically for the 3 matches in a week, its not something unexpected or unusual to them. 

okay they have relatively short careers that could be curtailed by injury, but even then there's plenty of other career opportunities outside football they can do. (Obviously not on the same wages, welcome to our world)

I just don't think that 3 games in a week is too much to ask of someone with their fitness levels. Just my opinion though.

I hear you and understand what you're saying

I'm not sure the days of ever presents in a season can exist anymore now like it used to when I were a lad and seeing the inside back cover of the programmes have the same names down that grid thing that showed who played in which games that year

You don't really hear of players who play every game all season anymore - it's a real rarity as the game gets faster, harder, tougher and more brutal

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I hear you and understand what you're saying

I'm not sure the days of ever presents in a season can exist anymore now like it used to when I were a lad and seeing the inside back cover of the programmes have the same names down that grid thing that showed who played in which games that year

You don't really hear of players who play every game all season anymore - it's a real rarity as the game gets faster, harder, tougher and more brutal

Again I agree over a long season, very few Peter Atherton's nowadays, but and this is a big but imo we have only played 2 competetive games, it's not like we're near the end of a long hard season.

I can guarantee if we were top of league and winning matches in say late March and had 2 important League games and a FA Cup semi Final all in a week, the players wouldn't be talking about needing a rest, they would all be raring to go and eager for every match.

(Although tbf I haven't heard any talk of being rested actually come from the players).