What about....

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Seems a decent player. Makes you wonder what happens sometimes. Hes nearly 22 and has only played 2 professional games. Yet across the league and country theres players his age with 50 or 100 times that amount of experience. 

Players develop at different speeds.

Or maybe sometimes players just need a chance, otherwise they just fall away.

Guest LittleG

First half especially he looked to go forward and put a few decent balls in. He also doesn't amble back into defence like a certain other defender we have.

If Palmer had done some of the things he did - there would be a 10 page thread on how bad he was. 

Not that i am saying he had a bad game. Just the odd thing here and there. 

Energy and enthusiam as you would expect. I like he has a bit of “bite” to him too. 

A good run of games needed now.

Not convinced, sorry.

Thought he got wrong side a couple of times yesterday. Doesn't look particularly pacey and his crosses don't have much pace on them either.

Didn't do a lot wrong yesterday to be fair. but he doesn't particularly excite me as a prospect. 

Hope I'm wrong.

I don't trust the opinions of most posters on here on this subject.

Too many would talk him up just to emphasise their position on Palmer.

Sounds like he is average to me but I haven't seen him play so i'll hold my judgement till i do.

Edited by Beholder

2 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

He's got to improve rapidly. Doesn't go past players. Isn't big and physical. Plays easy inside pass constantly. Said on another post, I'm not taken by him. Palmer had the better of preseason, then gets bombed out after a bad game. Baker will have to go some to not meet the same fate 

I agree. Think everyone are just wanting the recent introduction of youth to work so much, that every mistake is being ignored. If you play in the first team then you should be judged against that level. Not be forgiven because you are younger than other players. 

I think he did OK yesterday. But, as you might expect from a young lad getting his first few games, it all seemed to be a bit football-by-numbers - like he's been well-drilled in the art of keeping the ball but not much else. He was in front of us in the North stand in the first half and pretty much didn't put a foot wrong and put in a couple of good crosses. I barely noticed him on the far side of the pitch second half apart from a cross into row Z and his unfortunate booking. But there's a difference between not doing anything wrong and posing an attacking threat - which he will need to do as a wing-back. At the moment I think Palmer is way ahead of him on that front. It might just be a confidence thing but Palmer is much more willing to play a forward pass or take people on (it doesn't always work of course).

I though Palmer looked far better than Baker in pre-season but our fans seem to be willing to give Baker loads of slack that Palmer no longer gets.