Jos says no incoming players to #SWFC

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
25 minutes ago, Watto said:

Does he have a bloody choice , the man has been given an opportunity to manage a team in one of the best leagues in Europe he's hardly gonna moan his he ?

What worries me is if he's just taking the money and doing his best without really wanting to have any ambitions of taking us to another level and doing what he's told from above .

He's got an almost impossible job for me while he can't improve the squad , swapping academy players for the 8 that have gone just isn't the answer.

Let's hope his ambitions as a manager outweigh just taking the coin 

He doesn't display any whiff of discontent as other might do with veiled comments. 

Money talks especially in football but nothing he says or does leads me to think that he's just taking the coin whilst going through the motions.He just seems a principled, professional bloke to me.

14 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

You can’t have it both ways. He said he only bought Rhodes cos the fans wanted him so he listened to the elite (what ever the f*ck that is) in here and elsewhere.

Why are you continually pulling other fans down. You are creating more negativity than the ones you are accusing of doing the same.

see my reply to the next interaction where i said he shouldn't sign players on the whim of fans 

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think it's called building on the current level of investment, maintaining the pricing structure, and extending our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

I think it's called an absolute massive financial mis-management of the club from top to bottom on a scale of the Dave Richards/Allen era which is fast putting us right back to where we were pre Mandaric.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If it’s not really what he thinks, do something about it, as other managers do 

There’s scope for wheeling and dealing

We don’t know if there is, especially if we need to reduce losses.

I think if we got a centre half we’d be in better shape. At least then it replaces Venancio  

If the club didn't either realise or plan ahead in respect of FFP / transfer embargo then it's frankly negligent.

Firstly you should never allow the situation to get that far but then if it does try and sort some outgoings before now. No doubt other clubs will now see we're screwed and be making cheap offers for players.

IF we have a better injury record then the midfield and attack is capable of competing. If Westwood goes then over a season that will cost us points. I rate the young keepers but they will make errors over the season that cost us points.

The situation in central defence and wing back is frankly embarrassing. Jos is a 3-5-2 man. Surely when he joined he must have discussed this with Chansiri and what the plans were regarding tactics / players for that formation. We're woeful short of adequate wing backs, which is a 3-5-2 is arguably the most important position. I find it odd that Hunt was sold given he won't be on massive wages, that it wasn't a great transfer fee and that we don't have an adequate replacement. And the weaknesses / lack of depth in the central defence is obvious too.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100% this

If we struggle with the team with no signings and relying on kids then guaranteed Jos will be the one to pay the price despite having done nothing wrong

True and unfortunate for Jos if he's not been given the chance to build his own team. Only consolation for him is he will get a nice big pay off.

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

That's right the system is to blame. Add that to the various media outlets and administrative bodies that hate us. 

I agree there is a certain amount of us against the world among our support, but this FFP system is corrupt and designed to keep the teams currently in the premier league in it and not let anyone else get in the party. Relegated teams get 40m per year for going down and are allowed to have losses of 80m while the rest of us are only allowed 30m. That's hardly an even playing field. 

41 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I love as well now how everyone is just accepting mid table mediocrity. Last season people were saying 'few additions we'll be ready to push for promotion again'. Now we've not signed anyone most on here seem content with a mid table finish.

At other clubs there would be uproar at the sheer scale of mis-management since Wembley. But Wednesdayites seem happy to take it and pay the highest prices in the division. 

Out of curiosity what would like to happen to solve the problems of mismanagement as you see them?

I'm trying to stay positive, if you look at the back end of last season we were beating teams home and away, we managed to win around 20 points in the last 10 games, some of the teams were at the top end of the league, aslo drawing away to top of the league Wolves.

We have pretty much the same team as we did then but a few key players have returned from injury (Vanencio & Hunt leaving and not being replaced is my main concern) Pundits, bookies & journalists have written us off mainly because we haven't freshened up the squad and where we finished in the league last season but forgetting we had a really strong end to season, i think we could just surprise a few people and have a decent season.  WAWAW!

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Player for player our squad is better than Wigan yet we are going there expecting to be mullered. 

Why's that?

Is that really the case?

I think the bigger problem that the fans have is regarding why they were consulted on the price approach, were given the implication that prices would remain high because the strategy to achieve promotion was remaining the same and are now left wondering why we are going to start the season with a weaker squad than finished the last campaign and the seeming impending departure of another 1st team player or 2.

I expected this to be a frugal summer but perhaps not to this extent based on what the club stated about the approach. 

I certainly didn't renew my season ticket based on the club stating the approach would continue but at the same time fans don't like seemingly being told something that appears not to be the case and being charged more than most other clubs for the privilege. 

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we are relaying on too many players now with indifferent injury records.

If injury situation is half as bad as last season fear a relegation battle.

Exactly. This is also added to the chronic lack of pace and weakness at full backs (which has been the case for 2 years).

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

And if he did that he'd get the same stick that Keegan did about being a quitter

That's why it's a nonsensical discussion entirely

Didn’t he do that at his last club? Didn’t stop him getting this job

49 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think it's called building on the current level of investment, maintaining the pricing structure, and extending our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League.

Or after the first season, in spite of knowing nothing about football, he decided to do it his way and has now blown all the money.

50 minutes ago, Pinky said:

I think it's called an absolute massive financial mis-management of the club from top to bottom on a scale of the Dave Richards/Allen era which is fast putting us right back to where we were pre Mandaric.

Expect to see Katrien outside the high Court anytime soon then eh.

Because that's where we were before Mandaric. 

Edited by DELUDED OWL

37 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I agree there is a certain amount of us against the world among our support, but this FFP system is corrupt and designed to keep the teams currently in the premier league in it and not let anyone else get in the party. Relegated teams get 40m per year for going down and are allowed to have losses of 80m while the rest of us are only allowed 30m. That's hardly an even playing field. 

Exactly, that's the way I've always seen it 

52 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Player for player our squad is better than Wigan yet we are going there expecting to be mullered. 

Why's that?

1. Wigan have just been promoted and will be up for it big time 

2. Don't agree man for man we have a  better team ie ...van aken, fox, Palmer , pelupessey etc are no better than there players 

3. Confidence is at an all time low with our fanbase 

4.ITS THE WEDNESDAY WAY 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I understand it can appear this way and it does seem to create an uneven playing field. However I'm certain that it hasn't been designed to keep the Premier League as a closed shop. Why am I so confident? Well mainly because these rules are designed and enforced by the Football League, not the Premier league. The EFL are hardly going to create rules to deliberately disadvantage their own members.

I expect their logic is that clubs being relegated have significantly higher costs to address/manage down. Yes, they receive parachute payments but not sure these fully cover their costs/losses unless they have players they can sell for large sums like Newcastle did. However, if you consider Sunderland, they didn't have much to sell on and look how things went for them.

I haven't got the time (or inclination) to perform a full study, but I suspect there are more teams that have been related to League 1 rather than have been re-promoted back to the Premier League.