Jos says no incoming players to #SWFC

10 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

It's the lack of transparency from the club that REALLY stinks.

Tell us the truth - don't let the manager have to come and spin it in press conferences.

None of the other clubs have announced it have they?

The nucleus of the team is still pretty good, but we have two very significant issues generally. One is that so many of the players now have consistent problems with injuries (including Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Abdi, Matias, Hooper and Fletcher) and that we are having to be much too reliant on Academy players to fill squad gaps, especially in central defence and midfield.

If the likes of Lees, Bannan and Forestieri join the usual suspects on the treatment table for any length of time we could be in a great deal of trouble. Even avoiding that, I don't see us seriously entertaining a promotion challenge. We're probably in for a couple of years of consolidation before we can look at seriously rebuilding the squad for another run at going up. It's not great, but that's the reality and we need to face up to it.

Hopefully, those running the club have learnt some salutary lessons from the last three years that will help us in future. Just one example - even if he'd turned out to be a bigger contributor, the signing of Jordan Rhodes was monumental stupidity as it used up almost all of our remaining resources at a position where we were already loaded with very good players.

Edited by DJMortimer

7 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I'll be honest mate, is it really that important that you would trawl through loads of old threads just to prove a point?

You must have way more time on your hands than I do. :Pelupessy:

Quite right fella,just stuff like that winds me the f--k up ya know,any hoo,back to your point......................i'm done with it.

14 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The nucleus of the team is still pretty good, but we have two very significant issues generally. One is that so many of the players now have consistent problems with injuries (including Westwood, Hutchinson, Lee, Abdi, Matias, Hooper and Fletcher) and that we are having to be much too reliant on Academy players to fill squad gaps, especially in central defence and midfield.

If the likes of Lees, Bannan and Forestieri join the usual suspects on the treatment table for any length of time we could be in a great deal of trouble. Even avoiding that, I don't see us seriously entertaining a promotion challenge. We're probably in for a couple of years of consolidation before we can look at seriously rebuilding the squad for another run at going up. It's not great, but that's the reality and we need to face up to it.

Hopefully, those running the club have learnt some salutary lessons from the last three years that will help us in future. Just one example - even if he'd turned out to be a bigger contributor, the signing of Jordan Rhodes was monumental stupidity as it used up almost all of our remaining resources at a position where we were already loaded with very good players.

Nail on the head.

You have to wonder what Jos is thinking right now, I’m pretty sure he was expecting to clear the decks where possible but that he’d also have some leeway bringing a couple in. The big question is, does he feel like he was mislead. From what I’ve read about him he doesn’t suffer fools.

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

But how often do your Huddersfield’s happen?? Preston nearly making the playoffs because of a good scouting network???? WTF!! We got to the playoffs two seasons in a row, back your team or support somebody else.

They got thru playoffs without scoring a goal. Carlos gets hammered for being negative against Hull. DC is a godsend for buying quality players, then he's an idiot for overspending. 

We considered Colin as manager but he's shiite according to many on here, then he gets an average Cardiff team automatic promotion. 

Jos was a miracle worker getting a tune out of a team of reserves and kids, now he's just a puppet for DC.

I'm just rambling now, think I'll go to bed as the new season starts tomorrow so owt could happen.

12 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Yes the stupidity of the Rhodes signing will become more and more obvious when the season starts Not only has paying that quite ridiculous fee, left us without resources to address squad issues, it will get worse, as our better players leave 

How long will the likes of Forestieri stay, if the side is just treading water for a couple of yoears He should be in his prime, and isn’t likely to hang around until others contracts run out Doesn’t exactly appeal to me as a spectator either

Edited by gurujuan

16 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Quite right fella,just stuff like that winds me the f--k up ya know,any hoo,back to your point......................i'm done with it.

Me too. If I waited for those 2 to give me the examples I'd be too old to read it.

21 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Agree with every single word of that.