1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

Seems my comments have been removed and therefore i cant see any responses 

Strange 

Because you are basically just arguing with another member which is TEDIOUS

Stick to the topic

If you wish to argue move to the dressing room section and argue away

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Doesn't matter what the fans believe, if the manager/coach says we are ready to go with them, then so be it. 

Come on mate you know the elite few on here know better than the owner, manager, coaching staff  

37 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Nice spin Jos but really ?

In my 39 years of watching us I don't remember a worse summer than this.

Not one player after last seasons disaster  ?

Jog on. We aren't buying it.

It is not his fault regarding finabcial situation. He answers questions respectfully and honestly.Jjst thank the lord we have moved on from previous idiot who has landed us in this mess. Think you have said would take a while to recover and this is probably best way of doing it, not spending and not incurring possible sanctions.

• Like 1

Just now, southportdc said:

What if he saw it coming and thought a period of a couple of years without spending big was worth it to try and get promoted?

Legitimate strategy... but perhaps he would have been better off trying to have a recruitment strategy that allowed us to have a younger squad for these years without spending, instead of having to rely on fans to pay the highest prices in the league to supplement the wages of players that deteriorate in quality for every month they're here now they're the wrong side of 30. Considering the best I think many fans feel we can muster is mid-table mediocrity for the prices they're having to pay is appalling mismanagement. 

And yeah, you can make the argument that we were one game away from making it... totally fair. But apparently two years later and fans are still literally paying for that failure out of their own pockets now... as is the chairman. I'm prepared for a couple of years of nothing more than plodding along in the Championship... as are most fans I think. But there's only going to be so long that fans tolerate that while they're having to pay a premium price for the privilege. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I expect to see some dealing before the window ends but possibly other clubs are circling looking for knock down deals. We don't want to be selling the crown jewels for peanuts.

In the meantime he has to deal positively with what he's got..... certainly in front of the players,coaching staff and public .

we cannot afford to let anybody else go..our youth won't be enough this season we need all our better players

1 minute ago, Quist said:

It is not his fault regarding finabcial situation. He answers questions respectfully and honestly.Jjst thank the lord we have moved on from previous idiot who has landed us in this mess. Think you have said would take a while to recover and this is probably best way of doing it, not spending and not incurring possible sanctions.

No blame placed on Jos. Just prefer a manager to speak a bit more bluntly, and not spin us.

Just my own personal taste.

40 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

As I’ve said elsewhere, he’s simply putting a brave face on it. Sure he’s as disappointed as the rest of us that he’s not getting any support from DC.

I don't think DC has a choice. We are so close to FFP and breaking it isn't a viable option any more. Corrupt load of poo that it is. 

29 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We must be one of the only teams in the league that hasnt strengthened their team yet we probably charge the highest amount for tickets, shirts etc. Well run club and all that.

Spurs haven't signed anybody and have whacked their ticket prices up.

Meltdown on CockTalk?   (please don't try and google that at work...)

• Haha 1

Just now, DELUDED OWL said:

Less patronising if ya dont mind, Jos says we're ready to go, you guys can carry on, whinging, whining till the cows go to bed. 

I bet you believed the Premier League Return ticket guff as well!

Have we ever had a pre-season before when we failed to recruit a single player? 

Just now, alanharper said:

Spurs haven't signed anybody and have whacked their ticket prices up.

Meltdown on CockTalk?   (please don't try and google that at work...)

I think they start from a slightly better position than us with a young improving squad. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes. But now hes back, healed and fully fit.

Like I asked, what is his terrible injury record? 1 injury is not that

The word I used was indifferent not terrible and would say someone who didn't start there 2nd game of last season until 10th April does not have the best injury record recently. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I bet you believed the Premier League Return ticket guff as well!

Have we ever had a pre-season before when we failed to recruit a single player? 

Wow, thats quite a talent you've got there, talkin nonsense about something you think i thought........ bravo fella. 

2 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I don't think DC has a choice. We are so close to FFP and breaking it isn't a viable option any more. Corrupt load of poo that it is. 

That's right the system is to blame. Add that to the various media outlets and administrative bodies that hate us. 

• Haha 2