Jos Luhukay asked if there's a transfer embargo on live radio just now

1 minute ago, owls_wawaw said:

I am not saying spend silly money but I am just saying if your owner is a billionaire and owns the club 100% then surely fpp shouldn't apply as he can wipe clear any transactional debt instantly ?

I think you may have unrealistic ideas about Chansiri's wealth.

All we need is just some news, if we are in the same position as Birmingham then tell us ffs.

The fans have backed this club through thick and thin.

We will probably get a statement on the last day of the window going on recent years.

14 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Right as frustrating as it is, we are just going to have to get on with it. 

Forth from bottom is my current aim. 

Fourth bottom?

Get the f00k out. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Why can’t he answer that If he doesn’t know, then fair enough, although I’d find it very strange if he himself hadn’t asked the question 

I’m sure he’s asked the question,  what if the club don’t know and are waiting out on a football league decision ?

8 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Plenty Id say.

There are teams in lower divisions with worse squads and their own financial issues.

The hyperbole needs to stop.

Yes I agree but club could nip a lot of the speculation in the bud or at least take the edge of it.

PR by the club is very poor 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What if they were allowed to and started spaffing zillions of pounds on players who dont' get the club promotion?

They could get fed up and walk away and we could effectively have no club anymore, getting wound up in the courts so we go out of business

and that what you have said is a real possibility ,we have certain supporters like most clubs what will go upto chansiri and give him abuse ,I don't think he will take too kindly to this and that's an understatement , chansiri isn't learning if we are skint we can cope with that ,but charging and fleecing supporters because of his failing to run the club properly and not getting in this situation what has been on the cards for 2 years since we started signing ageing/crocks/has beens on long contracts pushing up the wage bill to ridiculous levels ,he should have employed a d o football who clearly wouldn't have told him to give ie david jones 3 year deal on 25k a week . my hope is we have enough to stop up this season ,chansiri finds a buyer and we go again in 2019/20 and supporters are brought back on board with more sensible pricing . 

Being a manager/chairman of any club outside the PL is fast becoming a near impossibe task to get right.

Fans see not bringing in players during the close season as the club either being in trouble regarding FFP or lack of ambition/strategy from the club.

What if we've looked at who is/isn't available and decided - you know what, it's best to stick with what we've got and bring a few loans in. That is a sensible ploy for me - we bloated the squad and created a huge imbalance with strikers and having no real system(s) to rotate them around last season, not helped by the fact half of them were injured.

If JL had been given £20-30m in the close season and spent it, the masses would expect results immediately or be on his back - failing that, judging his signings before they've even kicked a ball.

Can club or manager ever win in a situation like that?

We are (unfortunately) in the same boat as every club outside of the so called elite 20 clubs in this country that have to fight, scrap and entice a player to make the move when not quite good enough for the PL or are coming to the arsse end of their careers to join us. It's a mould I'd love to see us step away from and give a player from the lower divisions or our own academy a chance because an ex-PL player looking for his last contract only ever see's the club signing them as just that.

We have still got a squad of fantastic players. players that got us into automatic promotion form the back end of last season. 

People acting on here like we have the squad of Bolton or Rotherham or something and we are doomed.

19 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Right as frustrating as it is, we are just going to have to get on with it. 

Forth from bottom is my current aim. 

Well if Chansiri shares the same views then he should slash Season Tickets, memberships, match day tickets all by half price.

51 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

Why do our fans always believe there's a conspiracy behind everything that goes on at the club?

If there was nothing in it surely he would say no. If he doesn’t actually know then we have the wrong manager. 

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Yes I agree but club could nip a lot of the speculation in the bud or at least take the edge of it.

PR by the club is very poor 

Completely agree but I suppose formally announcing the club is under a transfer embargo at around the same time that they announce that membership will cost a cool £90 doesn't sit well!

47 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

If we wasn’t he would defo just say no. 

Ww will all find out soon enough so what’s the big secret. Lack of info from the club is ridiculous 

What’s ridiculous is the meltdown of so called supporters, so if they was to say yes  “we are under an embargo” what difference will it make to the supporters other than for families and friends to keep the sharps draw locked.

4 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

If there was nothing in it surely he would say no. If he doesn’t actually know then we have the wrong manager. 

If there's nothing in the rumour that has been started by who exactly?

This hasn't originated from a source at the club, it's originated from the fanbase and of course JL would not know about something when there isn't anything to know.

Can that statement also not be correct?

May as well have asked him if the moon was made of cheese really.

Edited by WatfordOwl